• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Heros

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I think the game looks nice.. but it seems to me, that the character designs are getting worse and worse, like they're running out of ideas or something.

Because I really don't like the look of either of them.. the girl doesn't have the cute factor imo, and the guy doesn't have the coolness about him.. it's wierd.. But ever since Wes in Colosseum, the characters have gotten worse.. Brendan and May have beent he best set IMO.. and FR/LG are nice too, but these just look.. well.. different.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Now I know why Diamond looks so weird to me! Look at his hands, it's like one of those Yugioh poses where they're holding cards or something...
    I mean look at him! Doesn't it look like he should be holding something?!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    That hat is so gay. Its an insult to male protagonists :D. I actually am going to disagree with everyone I don't like the map graphics much, I liked sprites better. The overworld sprite for the dude is ridiculous. I am actually gonna be embarassed if someone sees me playing this game and walking around looking like that. Thats IF I get a DS and IF I buy this game and IF Nintendo don't go bust or something.

Last edited:

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    Actually, it seems the scarves are becoming the new thing. Have you noticed the change in character design from GSC to RSE onward? They're pretty odd (bandanas, scarves, white hat/hair, the like).

I like both. They look fine. (But Pearl is FINE!)

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    No problem. The male heroes scarf also looks gay. I dont like the male hero at all. What is it with Nintendo and making silly male heroes? The Ruby/Sapphire one had a sock on his head! If they go and call the dude "Pearl" I am going to be seriously pissed with Nintendo. Pardon my laguage but I just think if they are going to give us a male hero that looks like that they should at least let us edit them.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    calmind said:
    Actually, it seems the scarves are becoming the new thing. Have you noticed the change in character design from GSC to RSE onward? They're pretty odd (bandanas, scarves, white hat/hair, the like).

I like both. They look fine. (But Pearl is FINE!)
    Are you implying you find a Pokemon video game character sexually attractive?

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Pearl looks so cool! As i got an action replay max duo (dont use for cheating), i will be able to backup my save file and make 2 files (not using to clone pokemon either)! Pearl will be my character as she looks the best.

Diamond looks alright i suppose but it could have been worse, look on the bright side. His overworld sprite looks abit bad.

I love there new pokewatch there both wearing, indeed oging to be a helpfull item. Anyone else notice there both wearing the same Bracelet/bangle. Maybe they bought one for eachother or its a special item you get. Afterall seen in the screenshots they probably live in same house. Could be brother and sister.

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    smithy.boy said:
    Pearl looks so cool! As i got an action replay max duo (dont use for cheating), i will be able to backup my save file and make 2 files (not using to clone pokemon either)! Pearl will be my character as she looks the best.

Diamond looks alright i suppose but it could have been worse, look on the bright side. His overworld sprite looks abit bad.

I love there new pokewatch there both wearing, indeed oging to be a helpfull item. Anyone else notice there both wearing the same Bracelet/bangle. Maybe they bought one for eachother or its a special item you get. Afterall seen in the screenshots they probably live in same house. Could be brother and sister.

Could you explain over PM how you can backup your save file and make 2 please? It would really help!!!

Fvadea

Ice Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I bet that a lot of guys will be the girl because the guy looks really weird. I like the way the girl looks, but if it were up to me, I'd make her colors blue ad black instead of pink and black. I would probably ditch the hat, too.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    is it just me,or do the new heroes look gothic? xD
    but i like the design for pearl.i origonally wanted to get daimond version but i changed my mind!pearl is kawaii!

oh gosh,now im making myself wanna draw pearl xD

Back