• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon DP remakes?

title ok

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • gen 7

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe they'll be introducing Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum remakes in gen seven specifically; as I might've said before, they will likely wait until they release their next generation handheld consoles, which could definitely take some time, considering how new 3DS still seems to be. I'm expecting it to take another three to five more years, which is a long, long time. By then, I'm sure not many people would mind a DPPt remake, even if some do now due to reasons stated in above posts.

Would be great if they could perhaps extend their post-game, if possible, so that we could spend more time under them once we're done with defeating Elite Four and Champion. They could make changes to their original plot so that it turns out to be more wide, but I don't feel they'll be up for such a thing, considering how they've always kept remakes' storyline resemble as closely as possible to original.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I don't believe they'll be introducing Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum remakes in gen seven specifically; as I might've said before, they will likely wait until they release their next generation handheld consoles, which could definitely take some time, considering how new 3DS still seems to be. I'm expecting it to take another three to five more years, which is a long, long time. By then, I'm sure not many people would mind a DPPt remake, even if some do now due to reasons stated in above posts.

Would be great if they could perhaps extend their post-game, if possible, so that we could spend more time under them once we're done with defeating Elite Four and Champion. They could make changes to their original plot so that it turns out to be more wide, but I don't feel they'll be up for such a thing, considering how they've always kept remakes' storyline resemble as closely as possible to original.

Well said. Remakes from GameFreak's perspective is still to make money, and while I can't complain about the remakes since they've been really good it does seem to be a stall tactic before they release a new region. I can understand why they would want to keep the original storyline, to appeal to returning fans and because the main purpose of remakes is to factor in the previous generations improved mechanics such as the battle and breeding mechanics and show off the new hardware capabilities graphic wise. When the DPPt remake comes out, I would really like an expansion of Distorted World as well as an improved if not even longer post game, because Distorted World is really unique to Platinum and because DPPt has one of the best, if not the best post game storyline, if you don't count HGSS' Kanto as postgame.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I hope so,
    I really loved sinnoh, my second favorite region after johto, and I loved the majority of gen 4 Pokemon.
    I'm not all that bothered when we get then (we more than likely will, it's just a matter of when), but idc, the games are still fairly modern, as they're on nintendo so previous handheld. I'd probably expect a gen 4 remake sometime when Nintendo release their next handheld

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I would love it. Sinnoh was my favorite region. And in my opinion, it had the best designs. But most of my favorite pokemon from it have gone pretty low on the tiers, so it would be nice to get some megas. It does seem a little too soon for it, though. I'd rather get some original regions first and get the remakes in gen 7.

Years
  • I don't believe they'll be introducing Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum remakes in gen seven specifically; as I might've said before, they will likely wait until they release their next generation handheld consoles, which could definitely take some time, considering how new 3DS still seems to be. I'm expecting it to take another three to five more years, which is a long, long time. By then, I'm sure not many people would mind a DPPt remake, even if some do now due to reasons stated in above posts.

I'm in the same boat as her. Remember when many expected Hoenn remakes during 5th Gen but it turned out that wasn't the case? They were pretty much saving them for the latest generation console which right now is the 3DS and that was what they did all along.

Even if 7th Gen was still on 3DS, they might still hold off eventual Sinnoh remakes for the next generation in terms of handheld console. Like what we've seen with OR/AS so far, they'll likely stick very close to the originals such as following the story the originals had, as well as retain its regional dex.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2014
    I would absolutely LOVE for that to happen. But I don't think it will until at least gen 8. It's just to early before then.

Back