• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Days
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Hey Dearman4!
    First off i just wanted to say that i've been enjoying the hell out of this ROM hack and i really appreciate the insane amount of effort you've put into it, so thanks a lot for giving me a way to revisit one of my childhood faves while also giving access to a ton of extra content to play around with :D

Anyways! Wanted to report a bug i've found, not sure if this is an old one or not but posting about it here to see if anyone has a quick fix for it. Currently on my second playthrough since i realized the version i first patched in didnt have any of the gen 4 evolutions or the new moves. The patch im currently playing is "Deluxe with Gen VI Exp Share - Vanilla Wilds Plus.ips". I've just made it to Lilycove and wanted to pick up a bunch of elemental stones at the department store to get the different eeveelutions, so i beat the rival fight in front of the door but when i entered the building it spawned my character in the middle of the first floor instead of by the door, there were no npcs and i couldnt go up the stairs, interact with the elevator or leave the building at all. The first time this happened i lost a lot of progress since i hadnt saved in a while, but i played all the way back to that point to see if it was a one time thing or not and the same happened again. Do you have any idea what causes this or if there's a quick fix to it?

Thank you and keep doing what you're doing, cause its sick as hell!

GrSFD01

Years
  • In the patching spoiler it says apply a Emerald Final 7.41 .ips file patch first. I want to patch the deluxe version, all I see is the exp share .ips under the deluxe folder. Is that the final 7.41 patch I do first? I hope I'm not missing something.

In the Deluxe folder, there are two folders, one for the Gen VI Exp Share and one without. Either option works fine for the initial patch.

Years
  • Hey Dearman4!
    First off i just wanted to say that i've been enjoying the hell out of this ROM hack and i really appreciate the insane amount of effort you've put into it, so thanks a lot for giving me a way to revisit one of my childhood faves while also giving access to a ton of extra content to play around with :D

Anyways! Wanted to report a bug i've found, not sure if this is an old one or not but posting about it here to see if anyone has a quick fix for it. Currently on my second playthrough since i realized the version i first patched in didnt have any of the gen 4 evolutions or the new moves. The patch im currently playing is "Deluxe with Gen VI Exp Share - Vanilla Wilds Plus.ips". I've just made it to Lilycove and wanted to pick up a bunch of elemental stones at the department store to get the different eeveelutions, so i beat the rival fight in front of the door but when i entered the building it spawned my character in the middle of the first floor instead of by the door, there were no npcs and i couldnt go up the stairs, interact with the elevator or leave the building at all. The first time this happened i lost a lot of progress since i hadnt saved in a while, but i played all the way back to that point to see if it was a one time thing or not and the same happened again. Do you have any idea what causes this or if there's a quick fix to it?

Thank you and keep doing what you're doing, cause its sick as hell!

GrSFD01

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! This sounds like a patch error, when you patched the Deluxe patch in, did you use a clean ROM (as in, one without ANY additional edits or patches to it, just plain vanilla Emerald)? Patching an edited ROM with the main patches causes unpredictable glitches. Best to patch a new ROM and transfer your save to see if the problem persists. If you need help on how to transfer a save, message me here or on Discord and I can help you out!

Days
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Hey again, thanks for replying!
    Now that you mention it i might actually have done that :p so yeah if you have a tutorial or something for how to transfer the save file, that would be immensely helpful! Really appreciate it!

Years
  • Hey again, thanks for replying!
    Now that you mention it i might actually have done that :p so yeah if you have a tutorial or something for how to transfer the save file, that would be immensely helpful! Really appreciate it!

It depends on the way you're playing the game, if you're using a pc emulator, best to use the File > Export / Import option, on mobile you'll need to make the newly patched ROM's file name match exactly, deleting the old ROM of course

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Is this compatible with the Pokémon Emerald Real 512Kb Flash Memory Patch and RTC patch? Planning to play it on a cart that supports only Flash512k with no RTC.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Not sure, you can check with this patch checker utility:
    https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18670.0

Okay. Thanks for the prompt response. After testing a bit, the RTC patch didn't cause any graphical glitches and bugs but RTC + Adjustable Clock Patch for every pokemon center soft locks the game. I'll just remove that and roll with it. so far I am at lilycove now and no other bugs showed up. I almost have everything turned on except DNS and Gen VI exp share and PSS and using New Wilds. I'm actually waiting for it to freeze but so far it is doing fine with the flash cart.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    The event items were changed to be found around the world and their locations are listed in the Documentation folder, the Legendary Locations text file, to be precise.
    This file doesn't exist in v7.41, like, at all. Where can I acquire that file? I only use the Google Drive link.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Okay, why isn't Agility available via the egg move tutors in Pacifidlog Town? Altaria has it as an egg move, but I cannot teach it to mine...

Edit: I'm trying to learn Agility for Contests.

Years
  • Okay, why isn't Agility available via the egg move tutors in Pacifidlog Town? Altaria has it as an egg move, but I cannot teach it to mine...

Edit: I'm trying to learn Agility for Contests.
    Wow I missed that move, good catch! Sorry about that, I'll update the tutors in the next version!

Days
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    It gives two extra re-rolls, even still that is VERY lucky!
    The normal odds are still 1/8192?, or were they change to resemble Gen 6 and onwards odds?, because I don't have much knowledge about how much the rerolls affect them, so far I haven't found any other Shiny, I found those 4 shinies while just searching for the starters on the safari Zone, currently I'm testing to see if I can get lucky again but so far I'm at 600 encounters and counting while trying to get a shiny Trapinch

Years
  • The normal odds are still 1/8192?, or were they change to resemble Gen 6 and onwards odds?, because I don't have much knowledge about how much the rerolls affect them, so far I haven't found any other Shiny, I found those 4 shinies while just searching for the starters on the safari Zone, currently I'm testing to see if I can get lucky again but so far I'm at 600 encounters and counting while trying to get a shiny Trapinch
    Basically yes

TFR

Days
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Hello,

first of all, great romhack, it's exactly what i searched for in terms of a pokemon game that i could sink my teeth into.

I tried to do RNG manipulation to breed perfect shiny pokemon, something i have never really done up to this point.
    I know that some RNG manipulation is definitely possible, i have reset for certain mudkip with perfect attack and attack boosting nature.
    The problem is that i currently try to breed Spinda's to know what my shiny frames are, but when i check in the programm (RNG Reporter) i can't find the PID of the Spinda anywhere, no matter what time calibration i use or how many times i retry.

I have found nothing about RNG changes in the notes or anywhere, where Final Emerald or romhacks in general is a topic, so this is my last resort.

Thank you for your attention.

Years
  • Hello,

first of all, great romhack, it's exactly what i searched for in terms of a pokemon game that i could sink my teeth into.

I tried to do RNG manipulation to breed perfect shiny pokemon, something i have never really done up to this point.
    I know that some RNG manipulation is definitely possible, i have reset for certain mudkip with perfect attack and attack boosting nature.
    The problem is that i currently try to breed Spinda's to know what my shiny frames are, but when i check in the programm (RNG Reporter) i can't find the PID of the Spinda anywhere, no matter what time calibration i use or how many times i retry.

I have found nothing about RNG changes in the notes or anywhere, where Final Emerald or romhacks in general is a topic, so this is my last resort.

Thank you for your attention.
    Tbh I know nothing about RNG manipulation. Only thing that should change it is the optional PRNG fix (disabled by default) so idk how to help with that, sorry!

Reactions: TFR
    Back