• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Hello Dearman4. I made this account just to thank you for this Emerald patch. Thank you so much for improving the QoL of the original game and more! I have had lots of fun playing them. I love the little joke / glitch you put on Regirock's PokeDex description lmao.
    My only question is, how rare did you make the starters encounter rate? Because I found Chimecho (which has 2% chance) before I found Torchic in Route 104, or Charmander in Mt. Pyre's lower exterior, and I'm currently looking for Mudkip in Shoal Cave's entrance but no luck.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! That pokedex entry was a glitch but it makes me laugh lol. The starters are a 1% encounter chance but I'm planning on upping the minimum encounter rate for all pokemon to 5% in the next version (save for two exceptions but that's a secret 😉) along with a whole slew of updates I've been working on. Feel free to join the discord (link on the original post) to learn more about that!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2021
    >1%
    Oh my God.... No wonder it's so hard to find them lmao. I've been playing some more. I finally completed my Hoenn dex after 15 years when I started my journey back in 2005. Again, thank you so much for this.
    I'm currently trying to complete my living Pokedex in this save file, but I can't find a few mons. => https://i.imgur.com/z6uWZ0P.png
    I searched through the Emerald Final documents, but no luck.

#79 Slowpoke
    #86 Seel
    #143 Snorlax
    #226 Mantine

Meteor Falls' second water area above the waterfalls yields nothing but Golbat and Solrock / Lunatone on the waters. If I use fishing rods, all I get are Barboach and Whiscashes.
    Same thing with Mantine in Evergrande. Tentacools, Wingulls and Pellipers galore.
    Snorlax is so hard to find, just like Jynx and the starters. It's the only one I'm actively searching now.

If you're planning to up the minimum encounter rate for all pokemon to 5% in the next version, maybe I should postpone my hunt and wait for that before I go insane trying to find Seel and Slowpoke lol.

Years
    >1%
    Oh my God.... No wonder it's so hard to find them lmao. I've been playing some more. I finally completed my Hoenn dex after 15 years when I started my journey back in 2005. Again, thank you so much for this.
    I'm currently trying to complete my living Pokedex in this save file, but I can't find a few mons. => https://i.imgur.com/z6uWZ0P.png
    I searched through the Emerald Final documents, but no luck.

#79 Slowpoke
    #86 Seel
    #143 Snorlax
    #226 Mantine

Meteor Falls' second water area above the waterfalls yields nothing but Golbat and Solrock / Lunatone on the waters. If I use fishing rods, all I get are Barboach and Whiscashes.
    Same thing with Mantine in Evergrande. Tentacools, Wingulls and Pellipers galore.
    Snorlax is so hard to find, just like Jynx and the starters. It's the only one I'm actively searching now.

If you're planning to up the minimum encounter rate for all pokemon to 5% in the next version, maybe I should postpone my hunt and wait for that before I go insane trying to find Seel and Slowpoke lol.

I've completed the living pokedex in Final and it was totally worth it. Still no ETA for the next version unfortunately. Still working six days a week so I haven't had much time for working on it, but I'm excited for the new features I've developed! Congrats on completing the Hoenn dex btw

Years
    Thoughts on adding Gen IV?

Already got the moves and abilities ready for the next version! Working on the evos still.

I'm actually kind of proud of this, I made a spreadsheet to generate the code for the movesets all at once rather than using a tool to edit each pokemon individually you just paste in the code directly, saves a lot of time. I'll probably post that somewhere lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2021
    Hello, I have some troubles while playing. First off the coloured numbers for stats on the pokémon info screen don't appear. Second and probably the biggest problem, the national dex is supposed to be enabled from the start but it isn't for me. Any idea what could be causing trouble? The rom I used is from the USA, should I be using another region?

Thanks for listening

Years
    Hello, I have some troubles while playing. First off the coloured numbers for stats on the pokémon info screen don't appear. Second and probably the biggest problem, the national dex is supposed to be enabled from the start but it isn't for me. Any idea what could be causing trouble? The rom I used is from the USA, should I be using another region?

Thanks for listening

That means the patch didn't apply, try using the web patcher HERE and see if it'll have the proper changes

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    So this is a big tangent that I'm not entirely sure I'll get help with but it's worth a shot. A few months ago I downloaded this to try and play Moemon because I'm like that right, but I noticed a few problems with the Moemon patch and set out on my own to make "Moemon Final" where I was gonna fix everything that was messed up with the sprites on my own.

One problem was that all the Unown sprites after "A" were default, this was a pretty easy fix. I think a few box icons were missing too.
    I switched out a lot of other sprites from other moemon roms to suit my tastes but that's not really an issue.

Far and away the biggest issue is with Castform, because to my knowledge no sprite editors or patches will correctly repoint the game to where the new sprites for the other forms are. It took a lot of headache to figure this out and I can't really blame the patch for it because I don't think any patches can do this correctly.
    SO, obviously the next thing to do was to figure out how to use the Emerald Decompilation to make a new rom that had the Moemon Castform sprites and alternate forms built into it at the base level because that's the sensible thing to do. Took a while because the Decomp is incredibly finicky but eventually it mostly worked out.

The actual problem and why I'm here begging for help now is because, for some reason, the new Castform from the Decomp instantly crashes the game when Final Emerald is patched in, which is weird to me because I can manually patch in every other pokemon sprite before and after the patch and there's no issues whatsoever, but clearly the patch and the new Castform run into each other in a bad way and I have no idea how to fix this and I'm assuming you don't either.

I've tried the standalone physical special split patch, and the decapitalization patch and both of those work, so I'm assuming that the decompilation changes something with Castform itself that the patch also changes? I have no idea what this would be, or if I'm even going in the right direction with this. I'm not sure if you'd be able to make any sense of it if you had this decomp rom to look at, or if the patch would work with any changes to castform scrubbed out but it would be really nice for this bit to end on a positive for me.

Years
    So this is a big tangent that I'm not entirely sure I'll get help with but it's worth a shot. A few months ago I downloaded this to try and play Moemon because I'm like that right, but I noticed a few problems with the Moemon patch and set out on my own to make "Moemon Final" where I was gonna fix everything that was messed up with the sprites on my own.

One problem was that all the Unown sprites after "A" were default, this was a pretty easy fix. I think a few box icons were missing too.
    I switched out a lot of other sprites from other moemon roms to suit my tastes but that's not really an issue.

Far and away the biggest issue is with Castform, because to my knowledge no sprite editors or patches will correctly repoint the game to where the new sprites for the other forms are. It took a lot of headache to figure this out and I can't really blame the patch for it because I don't think any patches can do this correctly.
    SO, obviously the next thing to do was to figure out how to use the Emerald Decompilation to make a new rom that had the Moemon Castform sprites and alternate forms built into it at the base level because that's the sensible thing to do. Took a while because the Decomp is incredibly finicky but eventually it mostly worked out.

The actual problem and why I'm here begging for help now is because, for some reason, the new Castform from the Decomp instantly crashes the game when Final Emerald is patched in, which is weird to me because I can manually patch in every other pokemon sprite before and after the patch and there's no issues whatsoever, but clearly the patch and the new Castform run into each other in a bad way and I have no idea how to fix this and I'm assuming you don't either.

I've tried the standalone physical special split patch, and the decapitalization patch and both of those work, so I'm assuming that the decompilation changes something with Castform itself that the patch also changes? I have no idea what this would be, or if I'm even going in the right direction with this. I'm not sure if you'd be able to make any sense of it if you had this decomp rom to look at, or if the patch would work with any changes to castform scrubbed out but it would be really nice for this bit to end on a positive for me.

So when I made the Moemon Patch, I legit did it the quickest and dirtiest way possible lol I am planning on remaking it in a more thorough fashion and hopefully I can iron out those issues. As for using a decomp for it? Highly unlikely that would work in this situation, though admittedly I do not have any experience with Decomps beyond setting it up to see how it works. By the way, I really respect your attempts at making those changes/fixes! Most people wouldn't bother trying their hand at ROM hacking, but it's something I wholeheartedly encourage :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    I have a friend on board helping me who's much more competent at this stuff than me and we've decided to go even dumber with this and like decompile the game after patching it with Final and then add in the castform sprites and recompile it again which is clearly getting out of the scope of this post, lmao.

Though while I'm here I might as well offer the redone and fixed up Moemon sprites I had if you want them, it's mostly just the Unown pulled from another hack, a few minor re-draws and some swaps I did myself, but stuff like the Castform redraws could probably save you some time if you can figure out what to do with them.

Also while I was playing around with this I noticed the day/night cycle sort of cuts out a frame or so early just before screen transitions, I'm guessing this is just "how it has to be" but I figured I'd ask if that was something you'd be able to fix since I think the day/night visuals add to the game but that quick flash is jarring so I was thinking I'd go without it.

Years
    I have a friend on board helping me who's much more competent at this stuff than me and we've decided to go even dumber with this and like decompile the game after patching it with Final and then add in the castform sprites and recompile it again which is clearly getting out of the scope of this post, lmao.

Though while I'm here I might as well offer the redone and fixed up Moemon sprites I had if you want them, it's mostly just the Unown pulled from another hack, a few minor re-draws and some swaps I did myself, but stuff like the Castform redraws could probably save you some time if you can figure out what to do with them.

Also while I was playing around with this I noticed the day/night cycle sort of cuts out a frame or so early just before screen transitions, I'm guessing this is just "how it has to be" but I figured I'd ask if that was something you'd be able to fix since I think the day/night visuals add to the game but that quick flash is jarring so I was thinking I'd go without it.

Sure if you're offering, why not! And yeah the Day/Night Cycle is just like that

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Sweet, I'll throw em up on my drive. That said this is like all the sprites, a lot aren't changed and some changes are only minor, some (namely Rayquaza) are goofy sprites I thought would be funny. Most of the Icons are the same but one which was missing (I think it was Umbreon?) is replaced.

Besides that, good luck on whatever's next with Final. Any plans to change the shiny rate to higher rates like in the newer games? That's really the only thing I'd think to add at this point for the "enhanced vanilla" feel.

Years
    Hey - this looks like the perfect rom hack for me. The only problem is that I want very limited changes to the Default, Hoenn dex, as I find the dex to be vital to the nostalgia of the region.

Years
    Hey - this looks like the perfect rom hack for me. The only problem is that I want very limited changes to the Default, Hoenn dex, as I find the dex to be vital to the nostalgia of the region.

Good news! I actually have a patch for Final with vanilla wilds HERE
    Also, THIS is a 'vanilla wilds plus' version, it has all the Ruby / Sapphire version differences added such as Mawile being available in Granite Cave and both Solrock / Lunatone in Meteor Falls. Up to you which you use but regardless start with a vanilla ROM and then add one of these patches and finally any of the Optional Patches included in the main download :)

Last edited:
    Back