• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Hello again! Thank you for the response. I tried using the Gen 6 Exp. Share patch with the Universal Randomizer but after battles I can't gain any Exp..Also,(I'm not sure if its because of the Moveset patch) when I started a New Game my starter and the Zigzagoon doesn't have any moves thus only uses Struggle. Maybe I should try experimenting on all the Legacy patches. Thank you for your hard work!

Those are both old bugs I have fixed, you may be using an old version, try re-downloading and patching a clean ROM

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Love the hack!

Couple of evolution things. I'm on 7.4 and Lickitung has rollout but the evolution didn't trigger, and I can't use a moon stone on Snorunt. Using the universal randomiser too, could this have caused the issue?

Years
  • Love the hack!

Couple of evolution things. I'm on 7.4 and Lickitung has rollout but the evolution didn't trigger, and I can't use a moon stone on Snorunt. Using the universal randomiser too, could this have caused the issue?

If you randomized evolutions then yes that would be the cause lol are you paying Legacy or Deluxe? Also the snorunt has to be female

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Haha no, didn't randomise evolutions. I'm on the deluxe version too I'm pretty sure. The Snorunt is also female

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haha no, didn't randomise evolutions. I'm on the deluxe version too I'm pretty sure. The Snorunt is also female

You should try patching a clean ROM with just Deluxe and transferring the save to do the evolution just to be sure. I'm changing it so you can check the variant in game with the next version

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    Thank you for looking into the bad egg situation even after all this time. It was very harrowing to look at my PC to discover that my beloved Lunatone had been scrambled.
    Also, I'm not sure if somebody reported this already, but the AuroraTicket Mossdeep scientist acts as if he's already given it to you, which forced me to cheat it in via PkHex.
    I'm very impressed by how specifically you can fine tune your Pokemon, even down to their gender, which most other fangames overlook. However, a way to quickly level beyond 50 would be appreciated. As it stands you can only grind with slow vanilla methods or cheating.
    Finally, I'm not entirely sure what the logic for the night/day system is. I'm certain I set the clock correctly but the sun sets before noon and rises at around 7:30pm.

Besides all that, thank you very much for making this hack. Every other emerald hack falls into the trap of adding way too much. This is easily the definitive gen 3 experience.

Years
  • Thank you for looking into the bad egg situation even after all this time. It was very harrowing to look at my PC to discover that my beloved Lunatone had been scrambled.
    Also, I'm not sure if somebody reported this already, but the AuroraTicket Mossdeep scientist acts as if he's already given it to you, which forced me to cheat it in via PkHex.
    I'm very impressed by how specifically you can fine tune your Pokemon, even down to their gender, which most other fangames overlook. However, a way to quickly level beyond 50 would be appreciated. As it stands you can only grind with slow vanilla methods or cheating.
    Finally, I'm not entirely sure what the logic for the night/day system is. I'm certain I set the clock correctly but the sun sets before noon and rises at around 7:30pm.

Besides all that, thank you very much for making this hack. Every other emerald hack falls into the trap of adding way too much. This is easily the definitive gen 3 experience.

Well truth be told I have been working on it off and on all year, just life got hectic and I only recently (last few months) really got the time and motivation for it so I'm hoping to get a new version out soon!

The ticket NPC is part of the whole issue, I think. Somehow different scripts are triggering when they shouldn't but we have a beta out and are fine tuning everything so hopefully none of that kind of stuff happens.

I'm glad you appreciate that! In the next version I am planning on adding *literally* 151 tutors to the game (NPCs will have multiple moves so there won't be overcrowding) of which include all the Gen 3 Egg moves so you can really fine tune all aspects of your pokemon outside of their species :) Though I am also including a de-evolver for branching evolutions like Poliwhirl or Eevee so you can reset them to the form before the branch (moves get deleted to ensure no illegal movesets, naturally) so even that to an extent will be within player control!

As for leveling beyond 50, I am making Rare Candy purchasable in the Frontier so you can get your late level evolutions without much trouble (or buff up before Steven)

The Day/Night Cycle goes off of SYSTEM time, not in-game time. So if you are on PC, it uses the computer's clock to determine the time of day. ALSO the time of day dependent evolutions are based on in-game time.

You're very welcome! I am always happy to see people enjoying Emerald Final :) I'm glad to see others wanted a more enhanced vanilla experience like I do. As for other hacks, I wouldn't call it a trap, I'd say that they are just building the game THEY want to see, and I commend them for it! A lot of other hacks have much more impressive additions than I have made and they have their audience. Point being, it's great that there are so many different hacks to choose from that cater to all these different tastes and I am thrilled to be a part of that, small as it may be :D

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Critical error I found in 7.4:

Picking up Ice Beam in the shipwreck empties your TM case. All your TMs you acquired beforehand are deleted and closing/restarting the game doesn't restore them either. I use mGBA so the emulator is very likely not at fault, but could it be the Porygon I had on slot 1 in my team (which i wanted to get the TM for)?

Years
  • Critical error I found in 7.4:

Picking up Ice Beam in the shipwreck empties your TM case. All your TMs you acquired beforehand are deleted and closing/restarting the game doesn't restore them either. I use mGBA so the emulator is very likely not at fault, but could it be the Porygon I had on slot 1 in my team (which i wanted to get the TM for)?

Yeah that's an uncommon bug, picking up a few more TMs restores them. Fixing it in our beta test

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Yeah that's an uncommon bug, picking up a few more TMs restores them. Fixing it in our beta test

Thank you. Another one though: Porygon 2 doesn't evolve. I checked your docs, and for both versions you say Porygon2 evolves with a moon stone. It doesn't. I tried a moon stone, I tried all sorts of other stones, tried usng Upgrade, tried level up with Upgrade, nada.

Years
  • Thank you. Another one though: Porygon 2 doesn't evolve. I checked your docs, and for both versions you say Porygon2 evolves with a moon stone. It doesn't. I tried a moon stone, I tried all sorts of other stones, tried usng Upgrade, tried level up with Upgrade, nada.

Just checked and somehow it didn't save the species for the evolution... Weird. It's still set to moon stone but without naming a species to evolve into, it won't work. No idea how that happened. If you're using Legacy though, there won't be any 4th gen evolutions but if you're using Deluxe it can be fixed with a simple hex edit of writing 0D 01 at 0x327788. Apologies for the inconvenience! Will have that fixed in the next version

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Made Mirage Island spawn every day and added static encounters for the legendary birds and dogs.
    Unfortunately there's a few bugs now, IDK why but the bags for Pokeballs, TMs, and Berries have a visual glitch but this doesn't affect gameplay luckily. The other bugs are the static legendary encounters I've added do not despawn after battling them which is not BAD but thematically annoying.
    Because of this, I have kept the previous link for v4.6 which has everything but the additional static encounters (for example Mirage Island will still spawn every time)

is there a fix for the tm's visual glitch?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    oh weird, i grabbed what i thought was the newest one from the base post.
    either way i save scumed my way past the glitch
    thanks for responding none the less :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hi, thanks for this amazing hack! Although I have a problem: after I applied the Add Gen VI Exp Share.ips patch my pokemon stopped gaining exp. It doesn't even show "Your pokemon gained 0 exp." or something, it just ends the battle. Is this a known bug? Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Back