• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Well, that was fast xd. I bred an Aerodactyl from a female Aerodactyl (with everstone cos i wanted to inherit the nature) and a male Pidgeot (who already had learned Sky Attack). Sadly, the baby didn't came with Sky Attack wich leaves me kinda stumped as to how some trainers have it (cheaty trainers mmm). If anyone knows how to teach it that move (or maybe thinks i did a mistake) pls let me know

According to PGE, Aerodactyl's egg moves are the following: Whirlwind, Pursuit, Foresight, Steel Wing, Dragonbreath, and Curse. In other words, nothing good.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
You can find both Beldum and Bagon on Route 115 north of Rustboro City using Surf; this means that you need to get the fifth badge before accessing both pokemon. With respect to larvitar, you can find it in meteor falls after obtaining the HM for waterfall, it is located in the room where you find the tm for Dragon Claw and wild Bagon in the original Emerald series, though it does have an extremely low encounter rate, like really really low (1% for both Larvitar and Pupitar to be exact). I have been trying for 2 days with my sweet scent user and haven't found one. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
If you go onto page 16, there is an encounter doc which lists pokemon locations and percent finding them. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Old Rod is Route 103 (talk to the fisherman in the same area where you fought your rival)

Good Rod is in Route 118 and can be obtained before fighting Watson (in the original game, you couldn't get it until after beating Norman)

Super Rod is in Mosdeep City (same place as it normally is in Emerald)

But yeah please use the guides found on this thread

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Alright after beating the game a few weeks ago and doing more research into the game, I think I'm finished with my guide and I'm done with Pokemon Emerald Kaizo for the time being. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with making this guide

After not touching the game for a while, I decided to add a new category for moves that are added to the game and moves that have been removed from the game. I was also able to figure out that the TM for Sunny Day is possible to get by beating Trainer Mill on Normal Mode in under 12 minutes (though I highly don't recommend doing it unless you REALLY want a sun team for the battle frontier). The other lost TMs I pointed out earlier are labeled as unavailable. I'll also put in the resource list used in Soren_'s guides that way people have easier access to the other guides found on this forum

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EEYQ_eoRntlWUOKokVflq-HfiAcL5cnFlU0THtiXb_k/edit

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 27, 2020
Great so far. What's going on with Drowzee? It evolves at 26 in every other game, always has. It doesn't here. Can we get an explanation?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 20, 2020
Hey y'all, I'm trying to get this running on my Android device. Is there a ips patcher for Android that y'all would recommend?

Edit: The patcher recommended in the Help Thread no longer exists.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Great so far. What's going on with Drowzee? It evolves at 26 in every other game, always has. It doesn't here. Can we get an explanation?

Well I guess no one else is going to explain this but Drowzee evolves into Hypno at level 38. This is because Hypno got a massive buff in it's special attack from 73 to 115.

There are a bunch of pokemon who are like this:

Houndour evolves into Houndoom at level 66 instead of level 24 but in exchange, it has a buff in special attack and speed

Wailmer evolves into Wailord at level 70 instead of 45 but has been reworked to be a special tank with great attack and special attack at the cost of having a speed of 1

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Hey not to cut in but, uh, I don't know the move set for slakoth and it isn't in the move set files on the page so...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Wow, I never knew you could get TM11 in Trainer Hill, let alone that TM being unchanged.

Besides a heart scale and an Eon ticket, what other items are in the Artisan Cave?

Back