• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Also, I have to confess I'm not a huge fan of the hidden power "abuse" you had trainers do to have type coverage they normally couldn't get on a pokemon. It's not even *that* strong,it just feels really cheap, as if the AI is making fun of you cause they can have the perfectly scripted stat roll they want.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2020
    Did anyone solve the New Mauville Puzzle?

I wonder that, too. I'm at this point, currently. Hope anyone solved it before and can tell us of how to do. Meanwhile, I'm figuring out and willing to post if I find a solution.

Edited: I almost forget to mention, there is Pekachu, supposed to be Pikachu. LOL and I'm pretty sure it's standing at green switch, which prevent us to press it. Any club of how to do with it? Like attempt to catch it? Use certain item to shoo away? Is it a lost Pokemon? I mean it to anyone know a solution of this as well.

2nd Edited: Apparently, it's different from original and might not able to complete this puzzle after 5th Gym battle. I saw one (or maybe few) videos of New Mauville. However, they claimed either don't know yet or able to complete it AFTER Elite Four and League Champion. I'm still on it and willing see about that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Where can i find documentation about the changes in pokemon base status?

And is it really true that no there is no evs? what about ivs?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Is there something wrong with the catch rate in this game? Just threw over 100 ultra balls at a paralyzed wobbuffet to no avail.

Trying to get a Wobbuffet because the rare pseudo legendary encounters have roar or teleport......................... extremely unfun mechanic.

Edit: So I realized that I already have a Wynaut from an egg so I rare candy's that bitch up to a lvl 100 Wobbuffet. Bulbapedia says mons can't flee via Teleport, but apparently Roar is different......... I have caught a Beldum but that is useless since Heart Scales are scarce and the Metagross doesn't learn any new moves after level 70. This part of the game is the least fun I have probably had playing any game.

Edit2: So I finally found a Metang, paralyzed it with Jolteon and used Shadow Tag to prevent it from teleporting. I threw 25 Ultra Balls at it and I couldnt catch it before it killed me. The catch rates in this place are insanely low if it's possible to catch anything at all.... thing is Ive seen screenshots of people beating the league with Pokemon only found here and I find it hard to believe that people would be willing to look for sub 10% encounter rate only to get screwed repeatedly by the mons themselves as well. There is something wrong with the game, either by design or bug.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    So I thought maybe the fact I had not yet beaten the League was the reason behind my ridiculously poor catch rate. Therefore, I beat the League with a team without the pseudo legendaries that I had planned on using and then went back to try again, and this time I brought ingrain and Suction Feet to counter Roar.

It did not help. The catch rate is way under 1% and even with save states, the use of which make me not enjoy playing the game, it took me over an hour to catch a Larvitar. Completely asinine. And to make it worse, I was given one with a timid nature and at that point I just gave up on the pseudo legendaries. I then went to try to get Mewtwo and I had the exact same experience as with the pseudos. This cannot possibly be intentional design, even though it looks like it since I had no issue catching regular Pokemon.

As a kid I always liked to fill out the Pokedex and I was looking forward to playing through most if not all of it in this game, since I like the fact that it has all Pokemon from Gen 1-3 but trying to start doing so made me quit before I got started. Too bad.

Overall, it was a really fun and challenging game (at least for me as a casual). My dislikes:
    - Having to switch bikes too much
    - Too much rain influence in battles
    - Lack of Heart Scales since Thief etc. doesn't work (I'd just put them in the shop next to rare candy to solve this)

I also hate puzzles so I wrote down the solution for each of them. I will post it here in case someone tries look here for advice or Google a solution.

Keywords: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo, Guide, Solution, Puzzle, Granite Cave, Team Aqua, Teleport, Seafloor Cavern, Ice Puzzle, Rock Puzzle, Boulder Puzzle,

Granite Cave
    Ice cave 1
    - Start one step above the ladder:
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Down
    - Right
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - One step right
    - Down
    - Right
    - Enter ladder
    Ice cave 2
    - Start on the same step as the ladder
    - Left
    - Up
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Left
    - Down
    - Right
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Step left once
    - Down
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Down
    - Step left once
    - Up
    - Enter ladder

Route 119/Weather Institute
    Acro bike is required in order to jump the rails as the road is blocked.
    Do so by pressing b and the direction you want to jump in simultaneously. Do not hold them down!

Rock Smash
    The location to obtain this has been moved to the south-eastern house in Verdanturf City.

Team Aqua hideout Puzzle
    /JWjOzAz.png
    - I can't post full links so this will have to do. SImply add the above line to any other Imgur.

Seafloor Cavern Note: Flash is very helpful after this room.
    Ice puzzle
    - Up
    - Left
    - Down
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Left
    - Down (Don't pay attention to this. I wrote it in case needed a check point)
    - Left
    - Down
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Left
    - Up (Don't pay attention to this. I wrote it in case needed a check point)
    - Right
    - Up
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Down
    - Left
    - Down
    - Right (Possible encounter here)
    - Up
    - Left
    - Up
    - Right
    - Up
    - Right
    - Down
    - You can now surf to move on

Seafloor Cavern Water puzzle
    - I will be listing every step so that you can complete it without flash if you wish
    - Take it slow. There are currents that will send you back if you misclick
    - Start on the left side
    - Surf
    - Up
    - Left x2
    - Down
    - Left x2
    - Up
    - Left x2
    - Up x7
    - Left x2
    - Right x5
    - Up
    - Completed

Boulder Puzzle
    /HNqZlb4.png
    - I can't post full links so this will have to do. SImply add the above line to any other Imgur.

Victory Road
    It's easy to get through but bring Mach Bike, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Flash.

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    What is the reason for using Dewgong over Walrein on Glacia's team? Maybe I'm too much of a brainlet to get it, but it seems to me that Walrein is better in every way.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    @NoobPika66

It's blocked off that early in the game. After you beat the league, the Pikachu is gone. You find Raikou there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    Hey I love this hack, just wanted to know if there were any functional cheat codes for this so I could get easy shinys! XD I knows is lame but I love my shinys

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    For the life of me I can't figure out if pekachu in the underground from mauville is interactionable. Can someone please help me out with a spoiler?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    It disappears after you beat the League. You find Raikou by the generator.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    So, can we get EV's somehow so post game content like battle frontier can actually be done? Would be great!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2020
    I downloaded the 3 Movepool.txt files and ordered the Pokemon to look through.
    Pokemon missing besides the Poli line:
    Magmar, Tyrogue, Wynaut
    I also fixed some misspellings (like writing LV. instead of Lv.), if you want I can dm you the ordered txt files.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2020
    Has anyone captured a feebas? According to the Pokédex it is available on Route 115 more so towards the top half of it in I would assume the water via fishing based on the Pokédex showing the blinking circle for the "area". However I have tried with multiple rods for quite some time and have been unable to encounter it. Just seeing if anyone knows if it is there so I don't spend more time on it. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Is there something wrong with the catch rate in this game? Just threw over 100 ultra balls at a paralyzed wobbuffet to no avail.

Trying to get a Wobbuffet because the rare pseudo legendary encounters have roar or teleport......................... extremely unfun mechanic.

Edit: So I realized that I already have a Wynaut from an egg so I rare candy's that bitch up to a lvl 100 Wobbuffet. Bulbapedia says mons can't flee via Teleport, but apparently Roar is different......... I have caught a Beldum but that is useless since Heart Scales are scarce and the Metagross doesn't learn any new moves after level 70. This part of the game is the least fun I have probably had playing any game.

Edit2: So I finally found a Metang, paralyzed it with Jolteon and used Shadow Tag to prevent it from teleporting. I threw 25 Ultra Balls at it and I couldnt catch it before it killed me. The catch rates in this place are insanely low if it's possible to catch anything at all.... thing is Ive seen screenshots of people beating the league with Pokemon only found here and I find it hard to believe that people would be willing to look for sub 10% encounter rate only to get screwed repeatedly by the mons themselves as well. There is something wrong with the game, either by design or bug.

The Beldum line has always had a legendary level capture rate and so does Wobbufett

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    is there a guide for the room after the quizzes in the trick house? i just can't seem to wrap my head around it

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2021
    Hello,

Does anybody caught lapras on either: Route 108, Route 115 or Ice cave (or whatever that place is called) or route 133? I am having trouble finding Lapras. Do I catch him by surfing, surfing while fishing or fishing while on land? If fishing, what rode do I use? I spent like 30-45min trying to find a darn Lapras and it's not showing up.

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Finally found and caught a Lapras. Took me a while since it roar me away first turn.
    Anyways,

Is there a shop that sells elemental punches?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2020
    I honestly love the game. But the thing about base stat changes and such made me very curious. I have a couple questions purely out of interest:

• Are enemy pokemon EV trained?
    • Can you show the base stats of the pokemon changed, possibly with a text sheet like the level up grades?

All in all this game was very different from my normal Emerald playthroughs. I'm currently just past the Magma Hideout but you made the game fair in my opinion. With difficulty in the trainers but rewards in good moves and lots of pokemon options
    Spoiler:

I hope to see more of your stuff!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    Is there any way to get a Kingdra by evolution or do you have to catch one out in the wild? Currently, I have a Seadra that's level 51 (I leveled it up from 50 to 51 with it holding a dragon scale) but it won't evolve.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    I have downloaded it from the link but I need an applications to open it.
    where can I find it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Can you still get Pokemon to learn egg moves in this game? I made an account on this site just to ask this. This is an amazing hack. It has just the right of Nostalgia to be the game I remember, But also enough challenge to keep me entertained and interested. Another question I have is why do you hate Meganium? You kind of removed the few moves that made her good. I don't see why you would remove synthesis. At least I can still teach her solar beam via TM. I think.

Update: apparently you went in and changed some egg groups to Because Meganium and Rosalia cannot breed. Even though that is how you Get moves like grass whistle on Meganium

Last edited:
    Back