• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2021
Why is there a rock smash rock on the ladder in granite cave? how the hell do i progress?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
Does Seadra evolve into Kingdra via lvl-up? I'm asking since it isn't mentioned in the attachment like the other trade evolution.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2021
My Seadra evolved at level 55. It was holding a dragon scale since the Horsea I caught happened to be carrying one, but it wasn't consumed so I doubt that it mattered.

Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 28, 2020
so i found a bug in my playthrough: npc trainers have a hard time identifying levitate. my lunatone and solrock were broken because of this.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 20, 2020
Has anybody figured out how to get past the ice part of seafloor cavern? I've tried it for hours and I'm totally stuck. I really want to finish the game too.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 21, 2020
The version of this Hack that I'm playing seems to have a small problem: Blissey gives dastardly low amounts of EXP when defeated. So far it's ranged from 1-9 EXP.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2021
Seafloor Cavern Note: Flash is very helpful after this room.
Ice puzzle
- Up
- Left
- Down
- Left
- Up
- Right
- Up
- Left
- Down (Don't pay attention to this. I wrote it in case needed a check point)
- Left
- Down
- Left
- Up
- Right
- Up
- Left
- Up (Don't pay attention to this. I wrote it in case needed a check point)
- Right
- Up
- Left
- Up
- Right
- Down
- Left
- Down
- Right (Possible encounter here)
- Up
- Left
- Up
- Right
- Up
- Right
- Down
- You can now surf to move on

Seafloor Cavern Water puzzle
- I will be listing every step so that you can complete it without flash if you wish
- Take it slow. There are currents that will send you back if you misclick
- Start on the left side
- Surf
- Up
- Left x2
- Down
- Left x2
- Up
- Left x2
- Up x7
- Left x2
- Right x5
- Up
- Right x2
- Up
- Completed

Boulder Puzzle
/HNqZlb4.png
- I can't post full links so this will have to do. SImply add the above line to any other Imgur.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2020
Im loving this rom hack. Just beat the 8th gym and almost going to the hoenn leugue and evergrand ecity. However, im looking to catch all the pokemon as well and cant seem to catch some pokemons (wobuffet, pupitar, kingdra and more), is there a list which shows the catch rates of pokemons?

Ps, I really love hte puzzles and the tough opponents which pose quite the challenge :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2020
Dear SinisterHoodedFigure, I have beat Kaizo Emerald.

I absolutely loved this rom hack, every moment had me feeling some sort of emotion (frustration, immense sadness and depression and joy). This has been my favorite play through of any pokemon game I have ever touched and I tried to not have super overleveled pokemon for my run, at most I was 5-6 levels ahead. I will be talking about the game so uh heres your spoiler warning.

There were a few parts of the game that felt way harder than other parts, and a few that felt super easy I also built a super team for the end game and still had a pretty rough time. My ending team consisted of: Gengar,Houndoom,Salamence,Cradily(<3),metagross, and lanturn. I switched up my team alot of times, I even ditched my mudkip before the second route. The first three gyms felt super difficult, the fourth gym was crazy hard for me, the drought was brutal, and along with the solarbeams I had to create a specific strategy for Flannery. The fifth gym was awesome, I super enjoyed all of the battles along with the Norman fight which was superb. The Winnona fight was super easy and left me wanting more from it however, It might have been my team which boasted 3 rockslides though. The seventh gym was a PAIN. I had to completely change my team and grind up some new pokemon just to stand a chance at beating her. The Eighth gym was super cool as well, it felt similar to the fifth gym in which the trainers were also super hard I also super enjoyed the surprise at the end of that gym. The elite four felt pretty difficult, once again im not sure if it was my team but the first three fights were super underwhelming. Drake got rolled but I could see how he was diffuicult, steven was HARD. I was still let down though. I felt the game was super hard, then it kept getting hard, then it got more hard, then it just stopped. I loved it though if you want to reply or email it to me I would love to share some more opinions or suggestions on the game.

There were also a few trainers that you might have accidentally skipped, The fisherman on the way to fortree city, and a few trainers after red in victory road

All in all I loved this rom hack, and its inspired me to create my own platinum kaizo hack, even though I cursed your name when I couldnt get thunderbolt,flamethrower and icebeam, thanks SinisterHoodedFigure.

my account is new so i cant post links but just remove the spaces h ttp ://img ur.com /a/ dST QH

3 years later, I know, but can anyone PLEASE tell me where to find Houndour/Houndoom??? I've searched countlessly through the locations that the Pokedex says. Is there a specific patch of grass??

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hey, noob question here. I started up Emerald Kaizo, and the Pokedex only shows me the Pokemon in the original Hoenn Dex rather than any of the non-regional Pokemon like Pidgey. Is this a glitch or do we get the National Dex at another spot?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 29, 2020
Please help me. I'm in need of a tyranitar. Where do I find him? Or larvitar/pupitar? Can't seem to encounter one in the prescribed areas

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2021
You need waterfall to get Larvitar/Pupitar. I personally found mine deep in Meteor Falls in a 3x2 grid after a short surf. Encounter rate is 1% respectively and they use raw to flee. Good luck.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Groudon and Kyogre dont have their Drought and Drizzle respectively, which sucks a bit. Rayquaza on the other hand does not have its Air Lock. All three pokemons have Pressure as their abilities. Why is that?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Groudon and Kyogre dont have their Drought and Drizzle respectively, which sucks a bit. Rayquaza on the other hand does not have its Air Lock. All three pokemons have Pressure as their abilities. Why is that?

I think it adds to the difficulty in its own way. If I recall correctly, some moves have their PP nerfed in the Kaizo versions. Pressure basically adds more PP drain.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 5, 2020
Does anyone know how to evolve lickitung into Lickilicky? I taught it the move "Rollout" at level 34, and I leveled it up to level 39 but it still hasn't evolved.

Back