• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    Just finished the E4 and the game was quite a journey. Coming from someone who only played pokemon casaully i had to look up what movesets where phys and special, what nature's did etc. Learned a lot of things on the way. I constantly changed teams so i needed a lot of time before i got to the E4.
    All in all very interesting and i'm looking forward to the post game battles.

Pic : puu.sh/FCIkB/6e59ed5ab4.png

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    ok i just realise but how do i get any of the legendary , i know how to get groudon raquaza and kyogue, the three dogs and the bird but what about the rest how do i get them

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    ^@foxdota

You get latias/latios from finding him in the wild just like normal emerald. He will attempt to flee if you dont use mean look or something to keep him.
    Regi's, Groundon, Kyogre is the same as regular emerald.
    Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia and Deoxys are on their islands. Tickets are scatterd in caves that where previously sealed off.
    Mewtwo is in the fossil guy his cave (Fallenbur town)
    Rayquaza is in the orginal location after the trick house is completed.
    Celebi is in the Safari Zone.
    Jirachi is a gift from steven (check his house)
    Moltres, zapdos, articuno is trades
    Raikou is at New Mauvile
    Entei is at Magma hideout
    Suicuine is at battle frontier

Full details in this docs: docs.google.com/document/d/1VejzTWgI7zbWrGAZirA57Y6_Z9ZGsGPmGm4sp16cJ3Q/edit#heading=h.xl52xmioib33

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Thanks Neles
    also the creator said that we can get more heart scale at post game so do u know where to get heart scale in post game

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    so does no one know where to get heart scales during post game or is there no way to get more heart scale during post game

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    There are some hidden in the caves that were sealed of untill post game. I got about 10 in total so far but have found no real use for them yet. Also there was some talk about luvdisc farming since they can held them? Not sure on the last part.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Hey anyone know where the other fossil is , I can't find the other one I found mewtwo instead

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Is it possible to refight legendaries that kills themself like do they reswapnoea after a certain time frame

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    Hey y'all, love the game so far and I'm almost done with victory road. My question is: where do you get the coin case? I have a modest porygon2 and I have been waiting this entire game to teach it thunderbolt and ice beam but since those places are blocked off till post game, I was wondering if I could get those moves from the game corner? When can I find the coin case?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    The Harbor Mail can be purchased in Lilycove City Mart 1st floor and from there you can get the Coin Case the same way as in Vanilla Emerald.

Thunderbolt can't be purchased until after E4 as it has been replaced with Shadow Ball in the Game Corner. Ice Beam is still available.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I just started playing Emerald Kaizo, but I wanted to do a Professor Oak's challenge. My question thus is: How do you get Politoad? Is it a level-up evolution? If so, what level? How long will I be grinding on level 10-12 pokemon before Roxeanne? xD

Edit: It evolves at 37. Oh those poor pokemon in the Whismur cave... I think they've gone extinct.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2021
    I just tried to do a nuzlocke of kaizo emerald with battle style on 'set'. Seems borderline impossible since this game rewards carefully chosen teams over grinding, and you can't really choose your teams in a nuzlocke. A regular emerald nuzlocke is pretty hard to begin with, but a kaizo emerald nuzlocke is a suffocating experience. With battle style on set it becomes almost as hard as battling actual human players.

I made it to Flannery's gym and my kingler (which was way over-levelled) got trashed by a tangela. I'm down to about 3 pokemon.

If you ever want to try this (don't) here are some essential tips:

1- Use the daycare. There are no EVs and if you don't mind waiting you can get your team over-levelled in the early game and then build a more sane and structured team later.

2- Always keep antidotes. Everything tries to poison you in this game and it hurts twice as fast out of battle.

3- Save every item, you will need them all. Put cheri berries on your pokemon so you don't get haxed.

4- Over-level one pokemon with a versatile moveset until the 3rd gym. I recommend Mudkip. You won't be able to switch out much until you get a good stally pokemon with high defense and wish/baton pass.

5- There are a lot of double battles, use pokemon that are good in double battles. Hariyama has fakeout and a lot of pokemon get rock slide. Take advantage of this, because you can't rely on just one pokemon.

6- Don't take any encounter lightly. I have lost entire runs to random roadside challengers. Everyone is strong in this game. I went into many battles thinking I could handle it and I got burned many times.

7- The best pokemon are the ones you least expect

When you are forced to use pokemon you normally never use, you realise just how underrated some of them are. In most ways Kingler is pretty average, but he has a monstrous attack stat and that ended up being a game winner. Ursaring is similar for that reason. The rising star of your run probably won't be your starter or your favourite pokemon, so don't get too attached.

This works the other way around too. Your opponent's best pokemon probably won't be Charizard, it will be Wobbufett.

8- Use the speedup button. You will be grinding and resetting a lot. It gets boring.

This challenge is fun because it really makes you squeeze every last drop out of the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    I'm making my way through the hack (training for the 7th gym now), and I have a few questions and a "bug" to report:

Q1) What is with the vitamins scattered in game? I keep finding Carbos, PP up, HP up, etc... but can't use any of them. Do they "unlock" at some point like post-game, or why are they here? If not, how will the Battle Frontier work [haha]?

Q2) Does anyone have a list of the obtainable items and their locations? All held items and TM availability/locations is what I'm curious about.

"Bug") The walls at the west exit to Meteor falls pose a big problem, and can get the player stuck. A player who goes through Meteor falls when they go there for the main story, then hops even the first fence south toward Rustboro City will be trapped. Without the use of surf, the boat being parked over in Slateport City, and no way over the fence back to Meteor Falls, the game has you stuck before the 4th gym badge. The easy way to fix this is to block the exterior exit of Meteor Falls with 2 strength-movable boulders, and optionally a rock smash rock replacing part of the lower fence.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    I'm making my way through the hack (training for the 7th gym now), and I have a few questions and a "bug" to report:

Q1) What is with the vitamins scattered in game? I keep finding Carbos, PP up, HP up, etc... but can't use any of them. Do they "unlock" at some point like post-game, or why are they here? If not, how will the Battle Frontier work [haha]?

Q2) Does anyone have a list of the obtainable items and their locations? All held items and TM availability/locations is what I'm curious about.

"Bug") The walls at the west exit to Meteor falls pose a big problem, and can get the player stuck. A player who goes through Meteor falls when they go there for the main story, then hops even the first fence south toward Rustboro City will be trapped. Without the use of surf, the boat being parked over in Slateport City, and no way over the fence back to Meteor Falls, the game has you stuck before the 4th gym badge. The easy way to fix this is to block the exterior exit of Meteor Falls with 2 strength-movable boulders, and optionally a rock smash rock replacing part of the lower fence.

To answer Q1 you have no EV's in this game thus they are useles for what you'd use them normaly for. Sell them for extra money.

Q2 There is no complete list of items that im aware off. You can look up some of the google docs people made it includes a lot off stuff. I've linked one in a previous post.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    Please please please tell me how you got a Feebas. Been trying for days

can you pls tell me where you found dragonite or dratini ive been trying for hours to find one both fishing and sweet scent

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    your best bet for dratini is going to be fishing it with the super rod at meteor falls BF2 R2, 40% chance of dragonair and 5% of dratini there with the super rod, make sure to bring a suction cups (cradily line or octillery) because fishing sucks... In the same room you can find larvitar with 1% on the ground, bring something with sweet scent and make sure to use some save states when you find one. Beldum is on route 115, you're gonna need surf to reach him, you can also find metang there

EDIT: Just got tm24 thunderbolt, remember how new Mauville was locked because of the Pekachu (yes, Pekachu)? After beating the E4 it won't be blocking the button anymore and you'll be able to do the things there and get t-bolt from wattson, so yeah no way to use it before becoming champion

what do you mean by BF2 R2 exactly is it on an exact spot cause i've been trying for hours and still not found a singel dratini or dragonair, and im getting desperate. i really wanna know the exact location pls

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    Its the last room of meteor falls.

B1F 2R
    - Cave: Wobbuffet (20%), Lunatone (20%), Solrock (10%), Dugtrio (10%), Clefable (10%), Clefairy (10%), Claydol (5%), Flygon (5%), Salamence (4%), Metagross (4%), Larvitar (1%), Pupitar (1%)
    - Surf: Gyarados (60%), Solrock (30%), Lapras (5%), Lunatone (4%), Dragonair (1%)
    - Old Rod: Feebas (100%)
    - Good Rod: Gyarados (60%), Cradily (20%), Armaldo (20%)
    - Super Rod: Staryu (40%), Dragonair (40%), Milotic (15%), Dratini (5%)

Back