• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Monotype Challenge

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I wished I could join and catch up and everything, but I don't really want too >_>.

Maybe in another week, you guys can make a Firered/Leafgreen Monotype Challenge?

Years
    a D/P challange would be pretty cool, because that way we could battle eachother, but I for one wouldn't be willing to erase my current Diamond game. I can't do it. I've spent too much time on this one. that's why I think the advance generation are ideal for the monotype challanges, because the roms are easy to find, and really good. the Diamond roms that I've found don't work too well...

that's just what I think. perhaps others wouldn't mind erasing their games...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I don't really want to erase my Pokemon Emerald file, I don't have Pokemon D/P, but I could do Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen since I don't play it anymore.

Will probably be fun. ^_^

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Okay, beat Tate & Liz. Awakened everything, blah blah. Beat the 8th gym! Elite Four now!

Lvl. 50 Machamp
    Lvl. 50 Blaziken
    Lvl. 52 Medicham
    Lvl. 54 Breloom

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Hm, it seems like a lot of people are catching up to, and even surpassing, me! I guess I picked a bad time to take a short break.

I haven't made it to any official update points, but I'll just say that I solved the Aqua/Magma crisis, and now everyone on my team is either Lv38 or Lv39.

I'll probably just play the game casually for the weekend, mainly just leveling my pokemon up, because they're pretty unleveled for my standards. I may even post a real update if I get far enough, but my progress will probably slow for a little while. (I guess that can give everyone else a chance to get ahead of me).

I might also be figuring out what I can do with my team for the Battle Frontier, maybe even replacing for other team members, even though my only two other choices will be Muk or Ariados (or Dustox, if the staff allows me to catch a Cascoon to get it).

Anyway, I though I'd come to tell you all what's going to be going on, instead of just saying nothing and letting you all assume that I had been decapitated. Once again, good luck to everyone in the competition!!

Last edited:

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Okay well....
    Update:
    Defeated Rival :May - Grovyle Lvl: 20(Male) + Wingull Lvl:18(Female) + Slugma Lvl:18(Male)
    Party:
    Pokemon Emerald Monotype Challenge
    Aron Lvl: 21 Male -Headbutt -Steel Claw -Tackle -Mud-Slap
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

I PCed the rest of my party, because, well, I want Aron and his evolved forms to be the base of my party, and well, I thought that by the pokemon leauge I should have a all steel party, and mabey one HM Slave. Oh and beating her with just aron was hell, let me tell ya.

Update:
    Defeated Rival :Wally - Ralts Lvl: 16 (Male)
    Party:
    Pokemon Emerald Monotype Challenge
    Aron Lvl: 22 Male -Headbutt -Steel Claw -Rollout -Mud-slap
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Last edited:

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
    ok since i am very far behind, ive decided instead of trying to catch up, ill host a monotype challenge for FR/LG. since i know so much about it, and can get any pokemon i want in it, i figure i can help a few people out too.... soo unfortunately im going to have to drop out of this. Im sure it will be fun, so i might pick up my emerald every now and again. but untill then, Dark Contestant Dropped out.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Hmm

Idk if I should be the one deciding >.>

Artic could also,

I won't object, as long as he doesnt do the battling-

I.e. Experience share until evolved, or Daycare and then rare candy evolution.

Zetta-Chan

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Hehe, on the Champion. Updates:
    Lvl. 51 Machamp
    Lvl. 52 Blaziken
    Lvl. 53 Medicham
    Lvl. 55 Breloom

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    I won't object, as long as he doesnt do the battling-

I.e. Experience share until evolved, or Daycare and then rare candy evolution.

You mean I can catch a Cascoon, but figuratively "leave it under a boulder" until it evolves? Thank you!!!

Also, Juan Defeated!!! (I almost said Wallace, I'm not used to Juan)
    -Crobat Lv38
    -Swalot Lv38
    -Seviper Lv38
    -Tentacruel Lv38
    -Weezing Lv39
    -Vileplume Lv40

It was NOT fun forcing Kingdra to have to Struggle!!! Well, on to the League!!! (Maybe I'll actually train my pokemon this time around)

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    hmmm not much happening...

training up skarmory and swablu near fallorbor town...

Hoping for screenies soon too...

Zetta-Chan

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Champion- Finished!
    Credits... etc.
    Now I want Hitmontop!

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Beat tate & liza and awakened kyogre now up to Sootopolis

Skarmory Lv41 SteelWing, Fly, Swift, Agility
    Swellow Lv41 AerialAce, DoubleTeam, FocusEnergy, Facade
    Blaziken Lv42 DoubleKick, Strength, BulkUp, BlazeKick
    Altaria Lv42 AerialAce, DragonDance, DragonBreath, Earthquake
    Gyarados Lv37 Strength, Thunderbolt, Surf, FireBlast

I am pulling out for a while to make my own DPPt Monotype challenge...

Coming back soon...

Back