• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Website Up

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Emerald pre-orders start March 20, featuring the tin we all know about.

It seems like Nintendo is throwing a Brain Battle for everybody to have a promotion for the release of Emerald. It is open to everyone online. After registration (which you can do now), you are split up into one of 7 regions (I don't know how those are split up). From March 15-31, a timed Pokemon Recognition test will be held (and there are practice tests to help you). The best 8 of each frontier/region advance (while winning some downloads). They will have a timed "mock battle" test on April 14 where you are given an opponent Pokemon and you have to identify which Pokemon you should use to battle it. Then they are cut down to two finalists (who each receive a copy of Pokemon Box for GameCube) and there is another timed mock battle test on April 18. Then the fourteen finalists will hold a real battle with their Emerald teams on April 30 on top of the Space Needle in Seattle (two days, two nights, Emerald, and $400) and the winner gets to go to Pokepark in Nagoya (five days, five nights, and $1200).

Details: Pokemon Emerald Official Site

EDIT: Found official rules, so I elaborated on the process.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2005
    Yup! I pre-registered on that site. ^^ I am going to preorder Emerald so I can get the VIP ticket for the site that only lets people who have it get exclusive stuff. I hope I can atleast make it to the finals on that thing! *starts studying* I really wanna go to that theme park.

Must...get...Poochyena...plush... *dies*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, this still means nothing to me... *kicks the Nintendo Eurpoe website* But if it makes you American gamers happy, then so be it :P At least this site should give us up to date info about the English version of Emerald.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I got an email from Nintendo about this and so I signed up. It looks interesting. I was made part of the tactics region.

CyndaQuilava

PkMn Master Chris
    Years
    well i sugned up for this 'tournament'.

so on next tuesday all i have to do is match pokemon with their correct type, bio., moves and sillouette. easy! and finding a pokemon to be another one? please! doesnt nintendo know that they gave out a type vs type chart for the FRLG preorder deal? and i really dont see how we are excpected to fight eachother with emerald version when they havent even come out yet! so ill take it we fight via net-battle or with our FRLGRuSas or they d-load the battle frontier into them. im a lil' confused @ the moment but as far as i know, this tourney is gonna be piece of cake. ill be seeing my final foe at the space needle.

ps- i also think that the grand prize is CRAP! i mean who wantts to go to some pokemn themed park? cant they just give out celebi to everyone like they should!!?!?!?!?

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    PrimeCupEevee said:
    Sorry, only North Americans are eligible to enter.

Remember, all you have to know is identifying Pokemon (by its silhouette, probably) and type-matching.

well thats not fair! but im frm somewhere else. :( :( :( so anyway?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    I just joined and i'm from australia.So does that mean i can only play but not win.I hope they don't track me for doing the wrong thing.

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
    Oh man! I have to join this. I've already preordered Emerald from Walmart.com but I'll definately try this whole tournament thing out. Only problem is is that I'm at school and they have filters. Which means the emerald site is blocked off. Well I'll find a way.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    More details from Official Rules (since not everybody reads them):
    -Emerald is part of the prize of the top 14 people. The game is released on May 1, and the final battle is on April 30. Therefore, you get Emerald early (probably a week before the final battle) and before everybody else in your area.
    -You can play if you are outside the US. If you just happen to win your prize is forfeited and another legal resident gets your spot.
    -Also note that there will be a practice test similar to the actual Mar. 15-30 test that you can take as many times as you like, but you can take the real test only once.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    I joined and pre-ordered Emerald, this whole thing is gonna be easy right up to the battles

p.s. I cant find the practice quizes, can any of yall help?

Last edited:

CyndaQuilava

PkMn Master Chris
    Years
    hey, i just got an idea!!!!

what if, on march 15th when the tests come out, why not someone take the test and post all the answrs for us? itll make it so much easir for the rest of us! i mean who cares if its cheating!?! because were gonna have vs battles in real life!!! now theres where the challenge is!!!

Back