• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Entropy [Engine Demo, no plot] [Recruiting everything but scripters]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Updated. Apparently you guys were stuck on v0.7.5, when I'd deleted that when v0.7.6 came out. Oops.

Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.7.7 is out!
Changelog (0.7.7):
Spoiler:

Does the game have a story yet or is it only an engine?

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
If I can help you, then I'm going to plan on making story maps for you. OK?

Do you have a steam or other way to contact you off this forum? you would be the most helpful person to the game, we've been stalled for months without a mapper.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
i cant save when i save it isays save save falled

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
the game says the data is corrupted or incompatible with this game

and it keeps giving me error codes when loading the start up screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Pokemon Entropy beta v0.8.0 is out!

Yes, you read that right.  The second version number is not a seven, but an eight.  Luka S.J. updated the EBS to give it an entirely new look, and I begrudgingly complied.  Like when Essentials updated from v15.1 to v16.2, my game's update is more of a Frankenstein created from pieces of the old and pieces of the new, but from the player's perspective the in-battle HUD is entirely EBS v4, with changes added to include features of the existing battle system in Entropy - Multitype Moves, Mix-And-Mega, visible stat boosts, etc.

This update came at a price.  In version 0.7.6, I added a feature that made the music speed up by a factor of 1.25 when any of the Pokemon on your side of the field had HP below 1/4th of their maximum.  Sadly, it turns out that feature ran on some code from EBS v3 that was deprecated in v4.  As such, future versions of Entropy will not warn you when you're low HP.

Likewise, with the number increase comes a folder renaming.  You lose access to your previous save files, and have to create new ones.  But this is the last time people should need to do that before the first plot release.

Additional new features include preliminary code for things we've learned about Sun & Moon - Sunsteel Strike and Moongiest Beam's immunity to opposing abilities, Zygarde form mechanics and what that means for changing the HP stat mid-battle, Stakeout and Soul-Heart, etc.

Changelog (0.8.0b):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
hi i still have the same error when i try to load the game it is
---------------------------
Pokemon Entropy (engine)
Exception: RuntimeError

PScreen_Load:461:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Title Screen:132:in `closeTitle'

Title Screen:118:in `update'

Title Screen:93:in `main'

Main:74:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:52:in `mainFunction'

Main:52:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:52:in `mainFunction'

Main:84

Main:83:in `loop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Lisa\Saved Games/Pokemon Entropy _engine_/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
and i have 8.0

Years
Pokemon Entropy beta v0.8.1 is out!

Yes, you read that right.  The second version number is not a seven, but an eight.  Luka S.J. updated the EBS to give it an entirely new look, and I begrudgingly complied.  Like when Essentials updated from v15.1 to v16.2, my game's update is more of a Frankenstein created from pieces of the old and pieces of the new, but from the player's perspective the in-battle HUD is entirely EBS v4, with changes added to include features of the existing battle system in Entropy - Multitype Moves, Mix-And-Mega, visible stat boosts, etc.

This update came at a price.  In version 0.7.6, I added a feature that made the music speed up by a factor of 1.25 when any of the Pokemon on your side of the field had HP below 1/4th of their maximum.  Sadly, it turns out that feature ran on some code from EBS v3 that was deprecated in v4.  As such, future versions of Entropy will not warn you when you're low HP.

Likewise, with the number increase comes a folder renaming.  You lose access to your previous save files, and have to create new ones.  But this is the last time people should need to do that before the first plot release.

Additional new features include preliminary code for things we've learned about Sun & Moon - Sunsteel Strike and Moongiest Beam's immunity to opposing abilities, Zygarde form mechanics and what that means for changing the HP stat mid-battle, Stakeout and Soul-Heart, etc.

Changelog (0.8.1):
Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Entropy engine beta version 0.8.2 is out!

After an involuntary months-long hiatus, I'm back with a vengeance!  Because even though I wasn't able to get on the internet with my laptop and therefore upload any new updates to my game, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on it.  I've been keeping up-to-date with all the news about Sun and Moon, even keeping up with the Lurantis leaks for datamine info despite actually having wanted to be surprised by the story.  Every time a new ability, move, or mechanic was introduced either officially or unofficially, I would try to reverse-engineer it, and as such when the official game came out I was not as swamped as I expected to be.  I still need to make the AI able to handle the new move effects, but otherwise I have every Essentials-compatible Gen VII mechanic in my game.  Heavy debugging needed, obviously.

Changelog (0.8.2):
Spoiler:

Earlier Changelogs{
Spoiler:

Back