• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Hey, for everyone searching for a way to increase the screen size, i found people talking about this little program named "OnTopReplica" on reddit.

It allows you to duplicate a windows somewhere else. You can resize that window and put it on top of the game.

Can't help you by posting explanation links cause i don't have 5 posts yet though

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Hi! Many have asked about the screen resolution for the game, including me. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about the size of the game itself. We'll just have to bear with it for a while until the full version comes out hopefully with available options to maximize the size of the game. Lagging wise, it is a demo after all and it is indeed still being developed so it's the best quality that we have right now! I personally enjoyed the game and am alright with the speed of the game. Hope this helped!

@ the game window hold ALT then press ENTER that will make the window go full screen. the game wont go full screen but it will get larger also if you have a XSplit broadcaster game captured the game window & then just play of the broadcaster window which you can maximize. hope this help!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    My game crashes whenever I try to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I am playing on Mac. It says: "Script 'F-mod main script' line 95: FmodEx::Error occurred. FMOD Error! (67) A Resource that the plugin requires cannot be found. (ie the DLS file for MIDI playback or other DLLs that it needs to load)" Thanks

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • I agree wholeheartedly, I've been playing on and off for 3 days and still am unable to beat the first gym.

Edit: For now, I think I'm going to stop playing this and come back to it later. Balance changes still need to be made to the game.
    It's all about strategy my friend! I needed 5 tries to beat Regina hahahaha. What I did was train both my starters to level 15 and gave both of them a rare candy each (you can find one from the forest and one from handing the mysterious gift to the boyfriend) so that they'd evolve. And then it was all about strategy and lost of healing up! You can do it!!

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • Hey Pokemon Ethereal Gates Team! :)
    I was wondering if we could use our original demo save files in the final version? I don't mind starting all over but it would be awesome if we could continue our journey with our original team from where we left off at Avocet City/ Forest. I do personally hope we can somehow continue with our original teams!

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Hey Pokemon Ethereal Gates Team! :)
    I was wondering if we could use our original demo save files in the final version? I don't mind starting all over but it would be awesome if we could continue our journey with our original team from where we left off at Avocet City/ Forest. I do personally hope we can somehow continue with our original teams!

Yes, you can. That's why we disallowed staying in that room at the end. The save files should carry over to future releases.

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • Yes, you can. That's why we disallowed staying in that room at the end. The save files should carry over to future releases.
    Thank you so much for informing me! But I don't kinda get how it works. Do you mean that when I download the full version my save file will be carried forward automatically? Or do I have to do some extra things. If yes, please tell me how! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    Does anyone know when they will release another demo or the full version of the game that will make the screen bigger and fix some of the bugs?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2015
    Avinch is a trash pokemon to use ingame beyond the first gym. It needs either better stats or higher BP moves because it's crazy weak.

Feraldonny

Lover, Rocker, Crazy Guy
    Years
  • Avinch is a trash pokemon to use ingame beyond the first gym. It needs either better stats or higher BP moves because it's crazy weak.

Have you even looked at it's speed? (Which is 90 btw, aka it should outspeed basically everything in the game right now.)

Also, it's a starting bird... What'd you expect?
    Some kind of godlike creature like Talonflame?

I am going to be quite interested in what moveset he will get eventually though, since Aerivore has good Speed and Sp. Atk. (But bad Atk.)

P.s. wrecked the 2nd gym with using only 2 pokemon, one of them was a Avinch.

Does anyone know when they will release another demo or the full version of the game that will make the screen bigger and fix some of the bugs?

You should look at their Twitter.
    ''Yes, screen size options, bug fixes, and awesome stuff coming in an update very soon!''

Thank you so much for informing me! But I don't kinda get how it works. Do you mean that when I download the full version my save file will be carried forward automatically? Or do I have to do some extra things. If yes, please tell me how! :)

Having created a few games in the past with RPGMXP, you basically just grab the save file from the old folder, and put it in the new folder.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2015
    Have you even looked at it's speed? (Which is 90 btw, aka it should outspeed basically everything in the game right now.)

I am going to be quite interested in what moveset he will get eventually though, since Aerivore has good Speed and Sp. Atk. (But bad Atk.)

You beat a bunch of Bug-types with a Flying-type? Congratulations, buddy, I never would of thought that a Flying-type could beat a Bug-type. Also the speed doesn't change the fact that it's weak as hell.

Feraldonny

Lover, Rocker, Crazy Guy
    Years
  • You beat a bunch of Bug-types with a Flying-type? Congratulations, buddy, I never would of thought that a Flying-type could beat a Bug-type. Also the speed doesn't change the fact that it's weak as hell.

''to use ingame beyond the first gym''
    The entire 2nd gym is beyond the first. ;)

Since you seem unswayed by my opinion, let's bring in the stats!
    Comparing Avinch and Taillow, both can evolve once, are starting area birds, etc.

Taillow: (evolves into Swellow, a normal/flying type, 430 stat total)
    HP: 40
    Attack: 55
    Defense: 30
    Sp.Atk: 30
    Sp.Def: 30
    Speed: 85

Base stat total: 270

Avinch: (Evolves into Aerivore, a electric/flying type, 442 stat total)
    HP: 33
    Attack: 45
    Defense: 30
    Sp.Atk: 45
    Sp.Def: 30
    Speed: 90

Base stat total: 273

They are pretty much equals to eachother, with Avinch being more balanced in Atk+sp atk because of his movepool.
    And the evolved forms, well... electric/flying, nuff said.

If you want to bring your opinion on the table, that's fine by me... But don't think it's a fact.

reshiboar

Fire Dragon
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    I try to play but it keeps saying
    Script 'Webkit' line 9: RuntimeError Ocurred.
    Load Library: OnlineFuncs

Can someone help me please

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • Have you even looked at it's speed? (Which is 90 btw, aka it should outspeed basically everything in the game right now.)

You should look at their Twitter.
    ''Yes, screen size options, bug fixes, and awesome stuff coming in an update very soon!''

Having created a few games in the past with RPGMXP, you basically just grab the save file from the old folder, and put it in the new folder.
    Hey man, can you tell me exactly how to do that? Thank you so much :)

Feraldonny

Lover, Rocker, Crazy Guy
    Years
  • Hey man, can you tell me exactly how to do that? Thank you so much :)

Of course! :)

Although I was a bit wrong before, this game utilizes it not in the original game folder.
    So basically, it should automatically work once you download a new version!

But if you want to make sure (AKA, making a backup save file just in case.) do these steps: (I'm on W7, but it should be mostly the same)
    1) Your computer
    2) Your main harddrive
    3) Users
    4) Choose yourself
    5) Saved games
    6) Pokemon Ethereal Gates Demo

Now, you're in the save folder and there should be a file called ''Game'', now just copy that and paste it somewhere else.

But as I said earlier, since the save file and game folder are not in the same folder, it should automatically carry over. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2015
    hey i always wanted to be apart of a fan made pokemon game, i have a story already down, two new typings and possible a 6 region in one lol.. pretty ambitious, it would be a big project, but i dont know where to start, im also loving ethereal gates

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Okay, I got to play this recently, and it is nothing short of phenomenal! I love the region, the music, but most of all, I love the Pokemon!

I have two comments to make:

1. I will admit that the only thing I truly dislike is the lag - something is taking up a lot of processing power when I run this game, I think. It's really and truly bad lag, but I'm sure it'll be figured out eventually!

2. Is it true what I've heard about Shinies being far more common than in most fangames?

That's about all I had to say.

Feraldonny

Lover, Rocker, Crazy Guy
    Years
  • Okay, I got to play this recently, and it is nothing short of phenomenal! I love the region, the music, but most of all, I love the Pokemon!

I have two comments to make:

1. I will admit that the only thing I truly dislike is the lag - something is taking up a lot of processing power when I run this game, I think. It's really and truly bad lag, but I'm sure it'll be figured out eventually!

2. Is it true what I've heard about Shinies being far more common than in most fangames?

That's about all I had to say.

Yup, lag is the demon of this game, reason for the lag is pretty simple.
    RMXP can't handle alot on it's own, meaning detailed/hi res areas together with area's with alot of events running (Gym 2 for example) are laggy, even with a beefy computer.
    Lag is the price of beauty as they say....

Shinies are the same rate as in normal pokemon games, 1/1024.
    And Yes, i've basically tested it out myself... I've spent 8 hours on finding a shiny Avinch, but not a single shiny at all for me... :(

Back