• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 815 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
Hey! I can't tell you how much I love this so far! I wish I could enjoy it more, but I have a lot of lag. Wish I knew how to fix that, and for some reason I can't see the HP numbers in the middle of battle? I dunno. But keep up the awesome work!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
Okay first of all, this game is glorious. I am fairly sure I screamed like 5 times in happiness before even getting to Route 1. There's only one problem I've been able to see, and admittedly, I don't know if this is just me or not. So I was playing through with small bits of lag, which is normal, even in main series games. Then I battled for the first time. The menus are fine, and I can select a move, but for some reason, whenever I use an attack, my entire game starts going 2 frames on me. In the 3rd battle I had out in the first route, my game even froze trying to faint a wild Pokemon. This is probably just me but I'd appreciate some info on it. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Little to none

Would you happen to have extra band-aides? I cut myself on your edge.

Constructive criticism is awesome, and constructive criticism this is not. Saying things like "perhaps they should raise the levels of the Pokémon before the first gym is valuable feedback, and I've heard that the team is going to take it into consideration/rebalance levels a bit.

Don't be snarky for the sake of being snarky. Or, if you wanna be edgy, at least be funny when you do it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 29, 2018
The game is amazing so far. Looking forward to playing through the whole game!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
greatest thing know to man wish this was released for the 3ds or ds sometime soon

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
Years
I made an account last night for this thread and completely forgot to make the post I wanted to make. Genius!

I love this game! I downloaded it before on my laptop and had to give up on it for a while because the combined lag and processing power needed just made it cry and give up many times (hang in there Manna 3.0..) so I downloaded it onto my desktop and I couldn't. stop. playing. I wound up finishing the demo in two days. I'm still playing it to grind up because I barely beat Beckett with one pokemon left. Yikes! Gonna need those levels.

I love so many of the pokemon and deciding permanent team members is really, really hard so far considering how small the dex is. I just know I'm keeping my starter, Mosachuset (I LOVE HIM), and Cufflink. Everything else is a toss up and I can't wait to see what the rest of the dex has in store.

The gen 5 exp scaling is just killing me though. It was one of the reasons Unova stands so low on my favorites. The only thing that made it bearable was Audino grinding on all routes and I don't think there's an Audino-esque exp pinata anywhere, except maybe Ottum in Route 3? I can deal with the grind though, I would personally like an exp pinata just to make training up new guys a smidge easier. Otherwise this game's solid.
I hear the music in my sleep too. Especially the battle music. I can't imagine why. /sarcasm]

Anyway, I can't wait for the next story update. I am expecting plenty of good stuff and good Pokemon to compete for my love (Fuegruff I swear I love you but you double up my fire types!). I've already recommended this game to everyone on my tumblr so hopefully some of them can love this game as much as I do.
Thank you for your hard work! I'm watching this like a hawk.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I found a typo, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet. On route 4, the bug catcher girl says 'You must have cheated. But types always win.'

So far this game is fantastic! I don't want it to end XD great job!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hey! I've been playing so far. Nothing to say, this game is graphically spectacular.

Well, I'm not here just to make compliments. My first intention was to report this little mapping bug I've found in Avocet Forest: you can pass through the water from the spot that I've circled. Hope it helps!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
I don't understand how I get this on my MacBook. When I click the donwload link for Mac users, I just get to a site called MegaSync. I opened an account and downloaded the software, but now what? And when I click on the instruction link for Mac users, I get to a site that explains how you get to play the game Legens of the Arena, which is another pokemon game. It says nothing about MegaSync. Can anyone please help me?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 27, 2015
Nice Work! I made an account for this comment! But I am sad that I onlz can get the demo ._. will be there a full version and how much will it cost? keep up doing this awesome game :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 27, 2015
Hey,
I am Done with the demo now :( is it possible to get the Full game? or how much would it cost?
I hope that I can go on playing this awesome game :D :)

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hey,
I am Done with the demo now :( is it possible to get the Full game? or how much would it cost?
I hope that I can go on playing this awesome game :D :)

This is a fangame, so it's totally free! However you'll have to wait for the completed game, as they're still developing it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 17, 2017
greatest thing know to man wish this was released for the 3ds or ds sometime soon
It probably wont ever happen but a gen 5 hack of this would be cool. But I think it would be very hard to make. And you'd need a flash cart to play it on an actual DS/3DS anyway. I hope the PC version's lag will be fixed, then I'd be fine with it the way it is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 17, 2015
Would you happen to have extra band-aides? I cut myself on your edge.

Constructive criticism is awesome, and constructive criticism this is not. Saying things like "perhaps they should raise the levels of the Pokémon before the first gym is valuable feedback, and I've heard that the team is going to take it into consideration/rebalance levels a bit.

Don't be snarky for the sake of being snarky. Or, if you wanna be edgy, at least be funny when you do it.

Not trying to be edgy, just being myself. Anyways The solution to the imbalances of the gym leaders' pokemon levels should be extremely obvious if the developers have any idea what they're doing. If they need any help beyond pointing it out then I'm scared of what this game will become.

mannakete

Years
Not trying to be edgy, just being myself. Anyways The solution to the imbalances of the gym leaders' pokemon levels should be extremely obvious if the developers have any idea what they're doing. If they need any help beyond pointing it out then I'm scared of what this game will become.

They admitted on Reddit, almost a month ago, that errors wound up making the gym leaders being more difficult than they were supposed to be. Even then, it's not even that bad. The grind's annoying but if you keep at it, it's doable. If you strategize, it's very doable.

If you want proof, here's a screencap from Reddit.
iN64sJX.png

It'll probably be fixed either with the patch of the full release.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
so no one has an answer for me? i don't mean to sound like a jerk i just REALLY wanna try this game out.

mannakete

Years
so no one has an answer for me? i don't mean to sound like a jerk i just REALLY wanna try this game out.

It looks like the short answer is no since Chromebook's OS in Linux based and Chromebook can't run Linux files. I'm getting this from a Reddit thread for zeta/omicron (same base program) but it looks like there COULD be a work around?

Back