• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Evolve so late....

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • Have you noticed that like, almost every pokemon in the game doesn't reach it's final form until sometime in the 40s? It's kinda annoying for me sometimes. What do you think about it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It depends. If I'm just trying to evolve it for the Pokedex it's annoying, but if I'm actually using it, I like it a lot. It gives me something to look forward to, instead of just dozens of levels of endless grinding with no reward in sight.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I haven't got around to buying Black or White yet, But that sounds nice in my opinion, Its kind of boring when your Pokemon fully evolve at low levels, then it leaves you with no excitement ;P.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Yeah but then you get kidna bored waiting for stuff to evolve for soooo looong. But whatever, it's not too bad I guess. Especially right now, with all the other new stuff to absorb.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah but then you get kidna bored waiting for stuff to evolve for soooo looong. But whatever, it's not too bad I guess. Especially right now, with all the other new stuff to absorb.

I prefer a bit of boredom in leveling at the beginning of the game, when there's so much other stuff to keep you busy that you haven't tried yet, than closer to the end when your Pokemon is 40 and you know you have at least 30 more boring levels with no change in sight for your Pokemon, and most of the plot is done.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    take advantage of it by using the eviolitie stone...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Meh, usually the later a pokemon reaches it's evolution, the stronger it becomes.

Yeah, take Volcarona for example. Larvesta doesn't evolve till lvl 59! Volcarona is a beaaaaaaast though!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A lot of the pokemon you capture early on in the game evolve before 40 but as you go on you find they need more levels to evolve unlike the earlier pokemon...
    I haven't really minded it so far...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Don't forget Hydreigon! It has a pretty late evolution, but it's awesome.
    Also, I'm starting to like waiting for the awesome Pokemon to level up and evolve. :D

Years
  • I've noticed it for awhile. Most of the Pokémon are two-lined evos I believe, but I don't see how it has to be all the way at the 40's. ):

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i dont actually mind it just because the longer it takes to evolve the stronger the pokemon is (most of the time) plus it adds more of a challange to take the extra time to evolve it

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Pokemon have always evolved too early in my opinon. I am hoping to see even later evolutions, but make them not so dependant on evolving. I always thought dragon types evloved at aroudn the best time.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • The dragon types like Hydreigon don't really count towards the late evolving thing, as most dragon types don't evolve until they're in the 50s anyway (with the exception of Altaria, but it's the weakest Dragon type so...)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I think it's good because it makes me want to train them to see what their fully evolved form is like.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    It annoys me to NO end, just look at all these who evolve late:

Vanilite -> Level 37: Vanilish -> Level 47: Vanilluxe
    Deino -> Level 50: Zweilous -> Level 64: Hydreigon
    Rufflet/Vullaby -> Level 54: Braviary/Mandibuzz
    Larvesta -> Level 59: Volcanora
    Mienfoo -> Level 50: Mienshao
    Sandile -> Level 39: Krokorok -> Level 40: Krookodile
    Scraggy -> Level 39: Scrafty
    Tirtouga/Archen -> Level 37: Carracosta/Archeops
    Gothorita/Duosion -> Level 41: Gothitelle/Reuniclus
    Foongus -> Level 39: Amoongus
    Frillish -> Level 40: Jellicent
    Ferroseed -> Level 40: Ferrothorn
    Klink -> Level 38: Klang -> Level 49: Klinklang
    Tynamo -> Level 38: Eelektrik
    Elgym -> Level 42: Beheeyem
    Litwick -> Level 41: Lampent
    Axew -> Level 38: Fraxure -> Level 48: Haxorus
    Golett -> Level 43: Golurk
    Pawniard -> Level 52: Bisharp

They're all in the high 30's to early 60's range. That would be fine, though the forms should be more spread out. For lines with 3 Pokémon in it, they should evolve in the teens or 20's, not in the high 30's and then again in the late 40's. That's too bunched out and IMO it should be more spread out.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • They do evolve quite late this time around, and although it does bother me in some cases (like when I'm doing a challenge or I just need to evolve the Pokemon for the Pokedex), I usually don't consider it that much of a problem. It does add more of a challenge to the game, which is always a nice touch. I'm just not quite used to the higher leveled evolutions yet. :3

Bwazzam

*explosion noise*
    Years
  • It bothers me a tad.
    Probably because I'm not too good with training my pokemon — I usually just let them gain experience by letting them battle against trainers. Like, ONLY trainers. Gym trainers, the ones that you have to battle in order to get by, etc.

Maybe I shouldn't do that.

Back