• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    That is AMAZING!!!

... Tell me why you're not working for Nintendo, cause you would make an excellent addition to their team!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Whoa dude, you're... absolutely amazing at this. This must be the most incredible set of custom graphics I've EVER seen O.O

I can't say much more...

Please sir, can we all have some more?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Is this being made in RMXP? I would very much LOVE to play this game :D :D :D
    More screens please!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Lol I think Im gonna throw those trees and rocks in the trash and start over again with them XD thanks everyone for your comments though I dont deserve them ^^;

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • If you didn't deserve them, then why are you getting them in the first place? I certainly wasn't bribed :D

I think the rocks and trees are awesome as they are; I fail to comprehend your wish to misconstantuate them and restart. However, do as you must -_-

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    the rocks look really....urgh and the trees are too flat...Id say that anyone can take them but I might go lazy and leave them in if people keep saying such nice things =D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I'd leave the rocks because I think they're shatpank for sure. Perhaps a bit of work, but I'd keep them relatively the same. The trees are real good, but I see your point with the flatness a bit. They're still awesome though.

Swamp Pok?mon... Mudkip yes.... Wurmple possibly. Lotad, Gulpin, Surskit, possibly Barboach in the water, Treecko if you're REALLY desperate. That's Hoenn anyway.

I'll have a shot at Kanto too
    Weedle, Bellsprout, Poliwag, Grimer possibly, Tangela, maybe Paras, Nidorans if you're in need, and as mad as it sounds I can see Farfetch'd in there too :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Awesome ^_^; should it be located in Kanto then? Just to make it a bit different.
    Im really tempted to put in hoenn cos the mudkip would look cool but the forest is gonna be in hoenn...thanks a lot for the suggestions ^^

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Anytime sheck. I'm glad to help out even if it's just a tiny little bit. I guess variation can't hurt. Go with what you think is best.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Ok I editted it some more, Im still not happy with it =(
    I like it better though, though its still nowhere near finished, I still have loads more stuff to add in XD
    wadingscreen2.bmp

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I don't think you need to redo the trees totally, maybe a little touchup cause it does look a little flat. The swamp water could use some reflections to make it look better. I have an idea, maybe you could create animated ripples in everytime the character walks.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    I don't know what but there is something about the water which makes it look a little too...plain, maybe you could do what PKMN_Sage said and make the reflections and ripples. I can't really thiunk of anything eles to say about it but the rocks and trees seem pretty good to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    OOh yeah reflections and ripples I still have to add those in, thanks for reminding me, I dont know how to code them though or make them....hmm...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You could ask rm2k3kid for help with the reflections. He told me that he got them working before on msn.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Great thanks a lot that should help me lots, although because of time differences I havent seen him on for ages...that or hes blocked me *Sweatdrop* XD

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, if he says that I can, I'll show you some of the coding.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm sure more people would rather have the ability to sprite as you do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Lol aww, well anyway Im thinking about locating the swamp in Johto, that way I can use such pokemon as totodile =D and um...wooper?...yanma...politoed...murkrow...and I cant think of anymore XD maybe I should put a feragilator half-submerged sleeping in a part you cant get to but can see on screen =D

also, I dont think reflections would go well...since its kinda murky water like in a swamp I doubt youd see your reflection...maybe I can make like dirty reflections you cant see well...

Ill update a bit.

Mission: "Swamp Mission 1" (there will be choices in later version and depending what pokemon you study it will unlock and branch out into different missions)
    Pokemon to study: Dasyplate the armadillo pokemon.
    basic-armadillo.gif

Photos required: Apperance, Diet (what it eats)
    Behaviour, Habitat, Eggcare and Mating(more like relationship with other pokemon of the same not what youre thinking...)
    Bonus Photos: Events and relationship with other pokemon
    Pokemon missions unlocked: Unknown yet.

Credits go to Cobalt for the pokemon design and Senator Kiwi for the idea =D

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • how is that going to be coded- like getting the photos of it doing different things?

EDIT: just a suggestion. I reckon you should make it like a ABS(advanced battle system)- you know if the hero is on the same X or Y coordinates as the pokemon, the player presses a key (like "ENTER"), and like a ABS, instead of firing some blast, it "takes a photo", and have an event that if the hero done it right, a pic (that u sprited or whatever) will show of "the photo".
    I think that would make a cool gameplay conecpt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back