• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Im using copyrighted pokemon in it though anyway =\
    sadly I had to take away the hanging metapods and kakunas because this is a newly discovered forest is in the hoenn region and it only includes hoenn pokemon and some new rare ones =D
    but there is hanging seedots..

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I dont think its gonna take that long, Im gonna try keep it VERY simple, and release a demo when the first mission is finished, I just want to make sure Im not gonna make it for people to play it and get bored and finished it quickly. Hopefully I might have weather and day/night system =\
    Ive been working on the forest map lately and all I can say is that its looking very attractive to the eyes =D I cant really release it cos its REALLY big and if you saw it then you'd know how to run around in it, while in-game Im making it so big you could even get lost =D

Oh and instead of kakunas and metapods I have silcoons and cacoons

Ok I might update as to how I think it will be so far.

Mission: "Forest mission 1" (there will be choices in later version and depending what pokemon you study it will unlock and branch out into different missions)
    Pokemon to study: Tuatria the psychic tuatara.
    tuatria-closed.jpg

Photos required: Apperance, Diet (what it eats)
    Behaviour, Habitat, Eggcare and Mating(more like relationship with other pokemon of the same not what youre thinking...)
    Bonus Photos: Events and relationship with other pokemon
    Pokemon missions unlocked: Pokemon "Forest mission 2 and 3"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    HOLY....! I can't believe I totally missed this thread. You are godly Kyle!!!

Tuatria looks so official... it should be! I'm really excited about this game, it is so unlike any other, it is very unique and original. I hope you don't stop spoiling us with these graphics, cause I think I'm addicted to them now. :) LOL

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • That green lizard Pokemon looks like it could be an actually Pokemon ^^ amazing once again. You are very creative have the magic of making cool Pokemon and landscape

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    I love the graphics, and I love the idea of taking photos. I also like the fact that the trees are diffrent size.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks for all the comments! I cant really release any screenshots cos I need a main character..hmmm

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Heh Jason got me to post an update XD
    anyway I havent been nothing all along I have done quite a lot, I finished the big forest map (took me ages) it looks a bit more different now, more cramped and with more wild pokemon. example:
    newmappppp.png

(Btw this isnt a proper in-game screenshot, I couldnt be bothered to take loads and put them together so I took an image of the map and filled it in with pokes XD)
    and I made some new insides of the research centre, I still might change them though
    researchtent.png

also, a main character:
    newcharacter.png

*points at sig*

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    OMG!!! Those screens are great! The pokemon sprites and chipsets are really well made.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Oh wow. That's the tents you were talking about.. sorry.. I thought you meant like camping tents..

Good stuff! I love the placement of the pokemon.

What is that bear thing in the upper right north? I can only think of Ursaring because I don't know my Hoenn pokemon really at all.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • The screens have a great feel to them. It gives off a real 'forest' feel unlike the Nintendo-made forests. I don't really understand how the game is going to play though.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Just 3 words:
    Awesome game, awesome graphics, hope you finish it!!
    OK, more than 3 words :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks everyone ^__^
    No I havent managed to make the back sprites yet, I think the next mission will be in a swamp...Im gonna get started on that now XD
    Oh and phoenix316 - I dont even know how the game is going to play either, Im just going along and hoping it will all fit together in the end XD

EDIT: Started spriting the mangrove...I dont really like it...but what do you think?
    wadingscreen.bmp

you can enter the water and wade in it =D (Which I think its pretty cool since I havent seen that before in a pokemon game
    Hey If anyone wants to help, I dont know what region has the most pokemon that would live in a swampish area, I know that mudkip would fit in well but I cant think any other pokemon to put in, they all have to be from the same region....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back