• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    well there will probably different weathers and a day/night system, so at times a pokemon will appear somewhere doing something, say the tuatria eating flies, and a flashing photo icon will apear on the ground pointing as to where you should take the photo, then you press a button and you hear a click, the screen flashes white, and the photo appears on screen, which then will probably go into your bag (IF I put a bag) Its very simple but Im afraid that it might get boring...

edit: yeah I think its exactly what you said, Im not sure though cos I dont understand coding language XD

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • nah, i don't think it would get boring. That would have me hooked, cause it involves a bit of effort (to get the pokemon at the right time)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    thanks ^^
    I edited a bit more
    wadingscreen3.bmp

Its still not finished, I had to add the fences cos then otherwise the pokemon swimming would go out...or the pokemon outside would go in the water, I also added deep water, which you cant cross (the picture isnt in-game) which keeps the pokemon in aswell, I like it more now =D

EDIT: finished the sprites for inside the water, what do you think?
    wadingscreen4.bmp

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I agree they dont look that good but..I cant be bothered to do any coding for it, and I think it might work out well.
    When you talk to the researches they will tell you that they fenced off all the water because they're scared there might be big hungry unknown pokemon inside the water if you go in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    How about making an object that is the same color/look as the ground, except, make it impassible???

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Its too complicated, believe me this will work out well o_O cos the main character needs to be able to walk into the water.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I don't mind the fences too much. I think if they were each connected to each other(because there are gaps inbetween them), they would look a little better.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I think Qwilfish, Shuckle and MAYBE Spinarak and Chinchou could work in a swamp (come on, I can see Chinchou with it's light thingies in the murky water...) *flail*

The plant life is really awesome sheck. I don't have any problems with the fence either. One suggestion for the trees; can you make the roots look slightly more as though they're underwater? I know it's not deep water, but you get my drift. Still, EXCELLENT work as always! Keep it up

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks but uhh...chinchou? I thought it was more like one of those really really really deep fish who use the lights to attract prey and then eat them...not really a lake thing....and quilfish is like a pufferfish....I want to put them in but Im not sure they are rightly suited.
    Thanks, people havent been giving too much good feedback on the swamp so Im not too sure. I see what you mean about the roots and will try to fix it, you can kinda see that theyr in the water while playing cos the trees outside have much bigger roots.

btw...what does sheck mean? XD

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Kyledove, your work is amazing! I absolutely love the swamp. I think it will be a great addition to your game. The screens IMO will be a lot better once you add a little reflection and some ripples when the character walks. I suggested little because, afterall, it is a swamp, not a clearwater lake...Anyways I can't wait to see more screenshots and features to this game!

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    I think the swamp looks good, I liked the idea of the scientist fencing it off too.
    Also if you havn't already done so, you could slow the characters movement down when he enters the swamp so it looks like he his wading though the swamp water.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • I think Gulpin and his evolution (forgot his name ^_^;) could be good in Swamps as well as Grimer, Muk and maybe Magikarp 'cause yucky water would have no effect to its strong scales...
    Anyhow, what other terrains are in Pok?mon Expedition and what nickname would you give this game?
    (For my game it's CDest, not CD -_-;...could I make a suggestion......Pokemon: ExPed?)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I've always thought of this as "Pokemon Expedition." Nice title.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Peekimon said:
    I think Gulpin and his evolution (forgot his name ^_^;) could be good in Swamps as well as Grimer, Muk and maybe Magikarp 'cause yucky water would have no effect to its strong scales...
    ^ Kyledove said that he is going to set the swamp in Johto so those dont really fit the place...

______

Anyways, I also like the title of the game, it is what got me first interested before I saw the screens.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Yeah thanks for the suggestions though!
    dont except updates for a while, Im gonna be mapping the whole swamp which is gonna take ages...x.x
    I dont know what other terrains to do..so far Ive done grass and water, Im thinking fire like a mission in a volcanic area which would also count as rock...Im also looking for any suggestions from people.
    Lol Im glad people like the title, I didnt know what name to give it so I just chose expedition from the back of my mind and used it as a rough title, but now I guess its the final title XD
    Im thinking about involving transport...like a canoe you ride in for a mission...but I dunno

EDIT: oh btw AbareMax I AM going to be adding ripples and little reflections but Im saving them for last thing cos I dont know how to do them.
    and Breakout sorry I didnt see your other post when I replied, the thing about slowing the character down is great!
    oh and PKMN_Sage I Tried it with connecting fences but believe me...it does not look good ><

Also Im starting to really like this swamp map! the great thing about it is that its like 2 maps in one, one on the ground and one in the water! You'll have to play it to really see what I mean.

ok no one replied..oh well, a small update
    Ive done about half of the swamp map so far, its pretty hard since I dont use autotiles (why dont I use autotiles?! o_O; ) lol
    Here is the lil usual entrance part, its about as much I can show otherwise you'll know how to get through it
    swampmap.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back