• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

Cam

dum camel
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    I'm throughfully enjoying this hack as the Pokemon Factory was part of my childhood. Is Cubone somewhere to be found, though? I can't find it.
    You have to use levels below 20 because Cubone is the first in a three stage line, then it will appear. If you need a low level mon you can buy the Vootwo from the game corner.

Hello, I've been playing this hack since reading about it on romhacking.net. I finished the main game before version 2.0 was released, and now I'm missing only two entries in my pokedex: Wendigo and Psything. Can I get some advice where to find them? Thanks.
    This was actually an oversight, they're now available in the wild on the new 3.2 patch. Wendigo is in Seafoam, Hunter is in Victory Road, and Psything is in Pokemon Tower.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

The Vootwo trick works. However, it's slower than the Mazilla's roaming around so it can be a bit unsafe.

Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

Also, I found this small oversight with the trash bins in the S.S. Anne. They're called tombstones even though they're still trash bins.

** The reason my screenshots are all yellow and green is because I was using a custom palette during my playthrough **

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

Also, I found this small oversight with the trash bins in the S.S. Anne. They're called tombstones even though they're still trash bins.
    That's pretty silly! I just pushed 3.2 so I don't think I'll bother fixing this one for now, chalk it up to the SOUL of the game :^)

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • That's pretty silly! I just pushed 3.2 so I don't think I'll bother fixing this one for now, chalk it up to the SOUL of the game :^)

Then again, there could be plain Tombstone pizzas in those bins.

I've beaten the game with ~15 hours and 20 minutes in. I remembered to check for post-game content and even fought the secret boss.

My team was:

Lv. 52 Pikachub (Jerbungus)

Thunderbolt
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Explosion

Lv. 54 Alpha (Alliras)

Earthquake
    Tombstoner
    Surf
    Glare

Lv. 53 Legion (Specolf)

Night Shade
    Ice Beam
    Reflect
    Sing (Was going to be Rest, but I didn't use TM 44 on it for some reason)

Lv. 55 Alenkar (Exotros)

Psychic
    Night Shade
    Thunder Wave
    Hypnosis

Lv. 57 Draken (Verglaga)

Wrap
    Blizzard
    Surf
    Ice Beam (Was going to be Armor Tail, but forgot to add it)

Lv. 56 Icepick (Mansickle)

Ice Slash
    Web Spin
    Agility
    Swords Dance

Last edited:

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished playing through this hack and I really enjoyed it. I stumbled on Pokemon Factory back during indoor recess when I was in elementary school and I remember me and my friends being in awe of all the fanmade Pokemon, so playing through this was really nostalgic to me, and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to get/evolve certain Pokemon.

Plus, you put
    Spoiler:
    in, that's a plus :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    One quick question.
    Where does
    Spoiler:
    originate from? I checked both sources you credited and it's not there.

Spoiler:

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • Wait so... is the game supposed to be in the monochrome colors, or did I just somehow do something wrong?

Edit: Okay nevermind, I just wasn't on "Super Game Boy Mode", so I was just an idiot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished the game last night and here is my Twitch - VoD - Playlist.

My Team

1. Dragor, Level 72 (Fly, Dragon Rage, Paralyzer and Bubblebeam)
    2. Hellraiser, Level 71 (Explosion, Thunder, Shadow and Flamethrower)
    3. Alpha, Level 72 (Double Edge, Surf, Dig and Strength)
    4. Dragondon, Level 72 (Rock Slide, Submission, Dragon Rage and Dig)
    5. Barkanite, Level 70 (Thunder, Thundershock, Bite and Take Down)
    6. Wizwar, Level 70 (Tri Attack, Flash, Recover and Psychic)

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    One quick question.
    Where does
    Spoiler:
    originate from? I checked both sources you credited and it's not there.

Spoiler:

It comes from italian & spanish pokegod rumors, it's actually from the FRLG era but I threw it in there as a bonus for those players.

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Finished the game last night and here is my Twitch - VoD - Playlist.

My Team

1. Dragor, Level 72 (Fly, Dragon Rage, Paralyzer and Bubblebeam)
    2. Hellraiser, Level 71 (Explosion, Thunder, Shadow and Flamethrower)
    3. Alpha, Level 72 (Double Edge, Surf, Dig and Strength)
    4. Dragondon, Level 72 (Rock Slide, Submission, Dragon Rage and Dig)
    5. Barkanite, Level 70 (Thunder, Thundershock, Bite and Take Down)
    6. Wizwar, Level 70 (Tri Attack, Flash, Recover and Psychic)

Saw the VODs! Great playthrough! You've got a few more events after the end you can do though: check out bill's house and the other cave on route 4 for some surprises!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1. The VoDS are saved as Highlights
    2. Thanks for the Info > check it out in the next days

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • God... this ROM Hack has been... rough. I'm only one badge in and I'm just... there's difficulty, and there's bullshit difficulty. That first "Rival" Battle at Cerulean Bridge was just... there was nothing you can do against that damn guy unless you just... get lucky. I really wish I knew when the Mons I have evolve at...

For reference, I have:
    Legend (Saragotchi) - Lv. 30, Moves: Dragon Rage, Take Down, Bite, Leer
    Seth (Charbulble) - Lv.28, Moves: Razor Leaf, Slash, Water Gun, Ember
    Speaker (Audior) - Lv.31, Moves: Mega Punch, Tombstoner, Screech, Sonicboom
    Dibelle (Gastly) - Lv.30, Moves: Night Shade, Lick, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis
    Ribbitas (Batrachian) - Lv.32, Moves: Water Gun, Sludge, Slam, Gust

Either the mons I have evolve super late, or require some item I don't have yet, or whatever. I really wish this hack had come with some kinda text document that said when/how Pokemon evolve... I want a better team dang it

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • God... this ROM Hack has been... rough. I'm only one badge in and I'm just... there's difficulty, and there's bullmuk difficulty. That first "Rival" Battle at Cerulean Bridge was just... there was nothing you can do against that damn guy unless you just... get lucky. I really wish I knew when the Mons I have evolve at...

For reference, I have:
    Legend (Saragotchi) - Lv. 30, Moves: Dragon Rage, Take Down, Bite, Leer
    Seth (Charbulble) - Lv.28, Moves: Razor Leaf, Slash, Water Gun, Ember
    Speaker (Audior) - Lv.31, Moves: Mega Punch, Tombstoner, Screech, Sonicboom
    Dibelle (Gastly) - Lv.30, Moves: Night Shade, Lick, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis
    Ribbitas (Batrachian) - Lv.32, Moves: Water Gun, Sludge, Slam, Gust

Either the mons I have evolve super late, or require some item I don't have yet, or whatever. I really wish this hack had come with some kinda text document that said when/how Pokemon evolve... I want a better team dang it

I understand that this hack can be difficult at times. However, if you plan ahead like what I did, this hack shouldn't be so hard. It mainly depends on where you start and especially what Pokemon you are using.

As for you're team, I'll give you the methods of evolution for those you have right now (Even if you already have the idea).

Saragotchi: Evolves at level 50.
    Charbulble: Evolves at level 30.
    Audior: Evolves at level 35.
    Gastly: this has two evolutions
    * Evolves into a Frozone with an Ice Stone (Available at the Celadon Department Store; you can go south of Cerulean without meeting Bill)
    * Evolves into a Hellraiser with a Fire Stone (Also Available at the Celadon Department Store)
    Batrachian: It's fully evolved

* Saragotchi is going to take a long time to level up and evolve, so it might be wise to replace it.
    * Audior's evolution and Batrachian have rather low base stats, so replacing them later might be a good idea. It's you're choice if you want to keep using them however.
    * Either of Gastly's evolutions work well, but I personally would prefer Frozone due to the potent bolt beam (Thunderbolt via TM and Ice Beam at Level 51) combination. Furthermore, You can use the TM 13 from the Celadon Department store rooftop to teach it a good STAB move early on.

There is a link to the Github on the top of the first post (And right here: https://github.com/CameruptQDX/PF-Roaming-Red.) You can search for Pokemon learnsets and evolution methods by doing the following:

Data --> evos_moves.asm --> search the Pokemon you want to know about

Also, you can find out about base stats and TMs each Pokemon learn from doing this:

Data --> baseStats --> select the Pokemon you want to know about

There are also some other things that the Github can inform you on, but I think I gave the general idea as it is.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I understand that this hack can be difficult at times. However, if you plan ahead like what I did, this hack shouldn't be so hard. It mainly depends on where you start and especially what Pokemon you are using.

I am planning to restart my playthrough once I am done with Silver reforged. Which Town or city would you suggest starting with?

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I am planning to restart my playthrough once I am done with Silver reforged. Which Town or city would you suggest starting with?

I'll give you my take on the whole starting location phenomenon. Personally, wherever I start, I try my best to get to the center of Kanto. That's where a lot of the TMs and Evolutionary Stones are. Here's my analysis on all of the possible starting locations:

Lavender Town: Most likely the hardest place to start. While you only have to battle either the Gamble or Lass on Route 8 to reach the center, you can only train and catch Pokemon from the Rock Tunnel. Therefore, you'll usually have to rely on luck or items bought from the store to pass them. If you start here, then you should know that on Route 8, the Lass has a Jiglyfairy and a Chansey while the Gambler has a Woofpool and a Gamble.

Pallet Town / Viridian City: Not exactly good places to start as you can't get any TMs for your Pokémon and you'll be forced to fight a few trainers along the way (In the Viridian Forest and on Route 6) in order to get to the center.

Pewter City / Vermilion City / Cinnabar Island: Somewhat annoying places to start in as you are forced to battle 2 trainers (the scouts lined up vertically on Route 6) to reach the center.

Fuchsia City: The Safari Zone Pokemon are very easy to catch when you start as you have a level 10 Pokemon (They scale to 7-10). The downside is that you have to fight 5 trainers to get to the center (A Picnicker on the docks, the Birdkeeper adjacent to her, the Rocker next to the House where the Super Rod is obtained, a Fisherman, and either the Lass or Gambler on Route 8). However, Surf and Strength are available so you can teach Pokemon like Pinsir and Tauroskhan some moves to get past all 5 trainers.

Celadon City / Saffron City / Cerulean City: Has access to the center without the need to battle anyone. Therefore, access to the evolutionary stones, a few TMs, and some easy-to-get Pokemon like Vootwo and Togepi are yours without any hassle.

My personal preference

Celadon City
    (Saffron and Cerulean City also work as you can get to Celadon without battling anyone)

Reason:

Like I said before, Celadon has Evolutionary Stones for you to evolve your starter early on and some potentially useful TMs like TM13 Ice Beam, TM 48 Rock Slide, and TM 29 Psychic nearby in Saffron.

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • I understand that this hack can be difficult at times. However, if you plan ahead like what I did, this hack shouldn't be so hard. It mainly depends on where you start and especially what Pokemon you are using.

As for you're team, I'll give you the methods of evolution for those you have right now (Even if you already have the idea).

Saragotchi: Evolves at level 50.
    Charbulble: Evolves at level 30.
    Audior: Evolves at level 35.
    Gastly: this has two evolutions
    * Evolves into a Frozone with an Ice Stone (Available at the Celadon Department Store; you can go south of Cerulean without meeting Bill)
    * Evolves into a Hellraiser with a Fire Stone (Also Available at the Celadon Department Store)
    Batrachian: It's fully evolved

* Saragotchi is going to take a long time to level up and evolve, so it might be wise to replace it.
    * Audior's evolution and Batrachian have rather low base stats, so replacing them later might be a good idea. It's you're choice if you want to keep using them however.
    * Either of Gastly's evolutions work well, but I personally would prefer Frozone due to the potent bolt beam (Thunderbolt via TM and Ice Beam at Level 51) combination. Furthermore, You can use the TM 13 from the Celadon Department store rooftop to teach it a good STAB move early on.

There is a link to the Github on the top of the first post (And right here: https://github.com/CameruptQDX/PF-Roaming-Red.) You can search for Pokemon learnsets and evolution methods by doing the following:

Data --> evos_moves.asm --> search the Pokemon you want to know about

Also, you can find out about base stats and TMs each Pokemon learn from doing this:

Data --> baseStats --> select the Pokemon you want to know about

There are also some other things that the Github can inform you on, but I think I gave the general idea as it is.

Wow uh... thanks for this actually, that was really helpful!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    I am stuck in the game, I made it to where I have to go to the 8th gym, but I can't seem to find it. I thought the dialogue said to go to the cinnabar island gym, but that doesn't exist. Did I read it wrong?

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    I am stuck in the game, I made it to where I have to go to the 8th gym, but I can't seem to find it. I thought the dialogue said to go to the cinnabar island gym, but that doesn't exist. Did I read it wrong?

You have to do all the KDF events then go to the mansion basement.

Back