• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Fallout [M] (Part 2/OOC)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • @Cosmic Fury: It is. If you look in the IC thread the latest post was today. We had a bit of a rough start and I can't say exactly why that happened, but I'm currently dedicated to trying to give the people that did show up a good time. I'm also totally going to drag Jaffersin into the IC soon enough.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • It's partially my fault things are going slow but we are working on it so you folks can make up yours sTory lines soon enough. I think after reaching kalos, things will start to get interesting. I'm certain the people will spread out in 2's. 3's or for the certain personalities by themselves. This is just and idea that propped into my head for now but by doing his people can make up their own story lines as they go along. You just need to use your imaaaggiiinaaaaaation....!

Dawn

Years
  • @DemonicWolf: I don't think people would really want that because that's the main thing I tried to change between part 1 and part 2, the lack of focus. It's certainly not in my plans anyway. They can feel free to correct me, though~

Dawn

Years
  • @PinkSapphire: Not even now, when your character is presumably in the dark and implicitly dangerous Underground?~

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    @PinkSapphire: Not even now, when your character is presumably in the dark and implicitly dangerous Underground?~

I didn't think it was all that implied; it's pretty obvious that the Underground is like a random session of GTA Online.

Dawn

Years
  • @Songbird: I just hope there aren't any spooky skeletons down there. Also that is probably the best description I've heard of the underground yet, but it's missing something.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • @Songbird: I just hope there aren't any spooky skeletons down there.

Do I get the Minecraft reference here?

Anyway, I wanted to ask if I could bring back a character from Harry's past. They could travel together for some time before there's some fight to separate them.

Dawn

Years
  • @TD: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w&feature=kp[/ame]

Also, yes. Feel free! I generally won't oppose supporting characters appearing.

Pikelodeon

Woo, pokemans!
    Years
  • Before I begin, I'd like to say I'm a new roleplayer, and this would be my first roleplay in a
    long, long time... I may be a bit rusty. Thanks. :)
    Name: Melinda T'rin

Nickname (Optional): T'rinity (heuheuheu)

Age (10-15): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Female

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish.): Minimum of 100 words if no picture is provided:
    7967441.jpg

(I hope adding a description on top of the picture is okay? In the picture you are unable to see her body.) T'rinity is a pale, slender female with endearing blue eyes that has potential to make or break you. She has gray, long hair (which she prefers to keep braided) with a blue-ish tint, adding to her character. She has slight dimples to add to her personality.
    Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): T'rinity has a quiet, observant personality. She analyzes you, studies you, and learns the ins and outs of you. Once she has this done, she can be very persuasive and seductive... She'll take your guard down, and rob you blind with her quick, slender hands. Of course, she also has a soft side. If she ever finds a sincere person in need, she will help them with whatever they are in need of. Despite her seductive ways, she can easily be seduced herself, falling in love quickly with anyone who charms her. She has extremely low self-esteem despite her obviously attractive self. She has depression, causing her behavior.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?):
    (I suppose I can make up things in this world? I'm not sure though. Correct me if wrong.)
    T'rinity grew up in a high-class area where everything was well-hidden... Little issues, little fights, a perfect life in this imperfect world. But, of course, all good things must end... One night, a drunken man burned a house down... Then, that lead to another... and another... until everything was burned down to the ground. Once the fire finally came to the T'rin household, it was too late for them all to leave... T'rinity watched her parents burn, and then she saw this town, this perfect town, was no more. She had to leave, eventually finding a place to settle.

How does your character obtain food?: (Scavenger, Thief or Cannibal? See rules for explanation.) T'rinity is a thief-- a crafty one at that. (Look above to see her ways of stealing) She depends on herself every day--taking from others.

Pokéspirit Species ( I merged the moves, and personalities together with this. I hope this is acceptable.):

460.gif

Abomasnow
    "Snowstorm"♂
    Ability~(Hopefully this is allowed :x)Snow Warning
    Snowstorm is very hyper and short-tempered, thus gaining the nickname 'Snowstorm'. He is very judging and loud, getting T'rinity in trouble at times.
    ~T'rinity's eyes turn a leafy green when she mixes with Snowstorm, as well as becoming even more pale. Leaves grow into her hair, as well as vines. Spiky, outward facing cuffs form around her wrist, and her ankles. Green, thick spikes come out of her back, as if her spine grew out of her back.
    Moves: Swagger, Wood Hammer, Ice Punch, Ingrain, Rock Smash, Powder Snow

344.gif

Claydol
    Ability~Levitate
    Claydol is the opposite of Snowstorm. Cool, collected and wise, Claydol is like the mother of T'rinity. It comments rudely on T'rinity's bad habits and actions. Otherwise, it is mostly silent. It takes over only when necessary, to save T'rinity's life, because it does have a soft spot for T'rinity. Although T'rinity does not like Claydol (A reason why its not nicknamed), she does recognize it's strength, and has some respect for it.
    ~Although T'rinity does not like the look of Claydol's form, she does recognize the power of it. Whenever she changes, her light skin turns to a tanner color (Almost like a convincing spray tan), and her eyes turn completely white. Red bumps form around her stomach (almost as if she was wearing a belt) and two lumps of what looks like clay (Claydol's arms) hover around her. Two white circles surround her eyes. Her fingers become thicker and shorter, mimicking Claydol's arms.
    Moves: Earth Power, Explosion, Psybeam, Rapid Spin, Teleport, Psychic

235.gif

Smeargle
    "Baby Boy"
    Ability~Technician
    Smeargle is the child of the trio. He learns quickly, and has a very innocent nature. Of course, with a childish nature comes childish decisions. He will decide to come out at the worst of times, as he thinks there may be something exciting going on. Whenever he is hurt, he will immediately become depressed or upset, refusing to talk or come out.
    ~Whenever Smeargle comes out, a green paw-print forms onto T'rinity's face, and her skin gets slightly darker. Her right hand becomes a paintbrush, resembling Smeargle's tail.
    Moves: Sketch, Sketch, Splash, Play rough, Growl, Sketch

Opening Post (This will be what we use to determine whether your writing skills are good enough. If accepted, you may feel free to copy paste your post here into the IC thread.): I would recommend a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500, but it's your choice.
    After being drawn to the odd place with the stone, T'rinity's life has never been the same... She hasn't been able to sleep, and she hears voices in her head. She'll find herself waking up looking differently and unable to control herself. She wasn't sure if she was going crazy... Perhaps she was.

"No, you're not going crazy. Arceus chose you." a voice in the back of her head echoed... She had three voices she heard. A light, child-like voice, who she calls "Baby Boy", a deep, fun-loving voice who she calls "Snowstorm", and a voice that is much too difficult to explain... It seems almost mystical. She has not decided what to call it yet...

"Okay, I have no idea who you are, or this Arceus is." T'rinity complained quietly to herself. The voices in her head seemed to never shut up... They taunted her, told her about what is going to happen, and so on... Perhaps she was going insane. But, all that aside, she was going on her daily walk to the markets. "Sticky Finger T'rinity", they called her. Of course, it was true, but, hey
    they didn't have to mock her. Whilst she was walking down the dirty paths, she saw a certain item that caught her eye. Of course, it was food. She bolted to her left, towards the apples that she so desperatley wanted. She bolted her hand towards the shiny, red apples, until she heard a sudden "shnghk" noise... She looked down towards her stomach, only to see red
    blood trickling out of her stomach. A knife was thrown into her, and she began to stumble away. As her vision began to blacken, she heard a voice in her head; "Oh, come on... Is that all you've got?!". She suddenly felt a burst of power, and saw herself change into a white, beastly creature. Before she knew it, she was running at full speed down the path, not
    controlling herself. After about ten minutes of sprinting, she fell to the ground in exhaustion. She looked down at her stomach, only to see the white body of hers (If it even was hers anymore.) still oozing blood.

"Kid, I can't help anymore. I'm out." the same burly voice said, panting. Her strength she felt faded away slowly, until she returned to her normal self. She slowly began to black out, until she was fast asleep. (Open to be saved by someone! :P)

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Alright, I've posted!

Speaking of which, is anyone else currently working on a post?

(And those skeletons above were pretty spooky)

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Pikelodeon: Hmm... The only thing that really stuck out to me was this 'perfect' village! It almost sounds like that's more of an opinion of the character and less of a fact though, so I think I'll let that slide under the condition that it is none of the named cities in Sinnoh. That being said, welcome to the RP! c:

@Dansparce: I'm beginning to think of how I'll respond to your post, yes.

Pikelodeon

Woo, pokemans!
    Years
  • @Yellow, I'll begin to work on my roleplaying skills and re-read the background and story. Thank you so very much for letting me into this fantastic roleplay! I'll move my first post into the actual roleplay area.

Dawn

Years
  • @Pikelodeon: No problem! Looking forward to having you around. If you need any help meeting up with the others or anything like that let me know.

Dawn

Years
  • @PinkSapphire: Summarized version.

Lucy and the main group are walking through the super spooky underground, a massive system of caves inhabited by ghosts that is heavily implied to be very dangerous. They're doing this to avoid a poisonous rain storm traveling across Sinnoh at the moment. They're totally discussing possibly using this system of tunnels to get to Kalos, because apparently there some cultists gathering there for reasons that aren't necessarily clear. If memory serves, your character should be with them! There are a character or two off doing their own thing, but they've yet to post this cycle.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Sorry it took me so long -- I had a lot of trouble with writer's block over this. Without further ado, here's my app!

Cosmic Fury said:
    Name: Marvin Storm

Nicknames: Goes by either his last name, or simply by the letter "M."

Title: The Sea Dragon (As seen on local WANTED posters)

Appearance:

--Normal: This is what he looked like two years ago, minus the eye patch. Both of his eyes are a fiery blue, and his hair is black. He's rather short for his age (about the same size as his temper), and always wears formal clothes out in public (which are usually also blue).

These days, he's a bit more worn down around the edges, but that hasn't stopped him from continuously terrorizing the coasts of Canalave City for two years running.

He is never seen out in public without a suit, or some other formal attire. If his fine clothes ever get damaged during a fight (or when he is bringing down a building), he simply goes out on his next visit to the city, and simply seizes a replacement of whatever got torn.

Since then, the constant fighting he's done (mostly in the name of bringing the city back under the ocean) have stunted his growth, and even though he calls himself an evil overlord of sorts, he knows full well he's got nothing to back it up with... except for the numerous WANTED posters that litter the streets everywhere in the area.

images

-- Transformed: He actually looks much the same as he does when he is normal. However, there are some very noticeable differences. First off, he has two blue antennas and two large blue wings, like those found on the Dragonite whose spirit resides with him. Secondly, his hair becomes a very sharp and distinct shade of blue as well, and his eyes take on a deeper shade of blue, resembling the deepest parts of the ocean.

Personality:

"In the beginning, God said 'let there be light,' and there was light for all to thrive in. In the end, God took it all back just to prove that we're nothing more than mindless animals without it, not the great and mighty race we once thought we were." Marvin Storm

He has a rather distorted viewpoint on the concepts of justice, honor, and life itself. From his hard experiences, he's come to the conclusion that life and death are merely two sides to what makes time flow. Life must make room for itself to grow, and therefore cuts its weaker and older parts off. Because of that, he doesn't grieve over the lives he takes in order to survive – because death is a part of life.

His take on justice is simple. It belongs in the hands of those able to take it for themselves, and he considers himself to be one of the few who can do so as he pleases. Therefore, he took it upon himself to give himself justice, by doing his worst to the city before he goes. Over time though, while he knows that he's taken revenge enough on the people responsible for the death of his parents, his personal battle on the city is all that he's known for the last two years.

Overall, he's ironically a social person, and his shaky trust issues are born of a lifetime of easily trusting others, only to be betrayed by those closest to his family. While he can easily grow to trust someone, he has to let them get close enough to reach out to him -- which isn't often. On the other hand, betrayal is never met with mercy, and he has always done his worst to those who have violated his trust.

Likely, most of his issues seem to stem from the heart of a very conflicted individual, who is still searching for his own identity amidst the chaos of this life. Even he himself has admitted it, but he hasn't let anyone close enough to him to help his hurt spirit, aside from Battlestar… and even he's been shut down at times.

Overall, there is only one individual that Marvin will ever trust, and that is Battlestar. They are both proud of their power, and are always happy and willing to exert it on the world around them… although each have different motivations for doing so.

Over time, the Dragonite has learned to accept Marvin's battered and incomplete spirit into his heart, namely because he has a deep wish to help the boy find himself – and in turn his destiny.

History:

His current life is one born of pain and misery. When Doomsday (as he names it) went down, among the first to be slain were his parents, by the very people who were supposed to be their friends... just so that they could obtain food. His helplessness was the first thing to hit home, and it was also the first thing to break his hope and his spirit.

Without his parents, he was lost. He was an only child, and he had no surviving relatives, so there was nothing left to him but the ruins of his home. People rapidly grew to despise children, and so he happened to be left out quickly. Feeling helpless and betrayed, he swore to himself that he would find a way to get justice.

Eventually, rumors floated his way of the events surrounding Mount Coronet, as well as a refuge for children not that far off from it. Knowing that getting out of Canalave was a matter of survival, he went in search of this mysterious thing that came down and cracked the mountain in half, thinking that it would mean that some shred of hope would reveal itself to him.

When he got there, he was drawn towards the source, and the first Pokespirit he met was a rather strange Dragonite. Looks aside, the Dragonite seemed to be very much akin to himself in terms of spirit -- well,

After a lengthy conversation, the Dragonite convinced the boy to live with a purpose. God didn't give him justice -- his accusations were that true. However, the Dragonite told him to look at his hands, and be aware that he found justice when he learned how to use his own two hands to do things.

After that, he returned to Canalave, remembering his promise of revenge. The first thing he did was level the town square, and then he spent a year to track down and kill all the Doomsday survivors who had betrayed his family and robbed his home.

After that, he became lost, and returned to the only way of life that he knew: destroying Canalave and leveling the areas closest to the shore.

How does your character obtain food?: Cannibal (He's got a local reputation. It is said that he destroys and devours anything in his path.)

Pokéspirit Species: Dragonite

Pokéspirit Nickname: Battlestar

Pokéspirit Personality: This Dragonite can best be described as a free spirit. In spite of his wisdom, he's also quite a bit immature and wistful. Although he seems to be a very care-free spirit, he actually has a lot of worries on his plate, mostly around getting Marvin to find his own future... a future of peace.

Pokéspirit Moves:

Hurricane (The user summons a mighty blast of wind to level the foe to the ground. Most often used on buildings and other things with poor balance or structural integrity. Strongest and most dangerous in the rain, and even more so out at sea.)
    Thunder (Summons intense lightning to strike his target. Varies in intensity, and is strongest & deadliest in a moist environment.)
    Surf (Brings about a huge volume of water to attack the foe in various ways. Also used to travel quickly on water.)
    Ice Beam (Self-explanatory. User can freeze the foe solid on occasion. Works extremely well on non-wielders.)
    Rain Dance (Creates a rain storm. Makes Marvin stronger and more durable.)
    Roost (The user sits down and rests. Promotes rapid healing and better fighting, but the user is vulnerable for a while.)

Pokéspirit Other: Battlestar is a very strange Pokemon. Being a marine dragon, he is always at his best near water. As a consequence, so is Marvin. In spite of being a dragon, the Dragonite hates fire for some reason, and even harbors a minor fear of lava. This sentiment has carried over to Marvin, whose home was burned down when he was a child.

Water-based weather and moves are usually the strongest moves they have in store for others. The more water in the air or otherwise around them, the stronger and more precise their moves get. (For example, Surf causes worse floods, and Thunder is far more deadly.)

In contrast, they rather hate dry weather, fire, and places that have a lot of either. In other words, even though they could operate enough to defend themselves, they would have a hard time doing so in a desert. In such places, they might even be rendered a lot less powerful should a Rain Dance fail.

Their affinity to water in general has many rewards. They can dive deep, last longer, and even thrive off salt water should they choose to drink it (in spite of the salt). Aside from that, their control over water lets them use a variety of attack styles with it, namely around the moves Thunder, Surf, and especially the dreaded move Hurricane, which he rarely uses around others. Even his Ice Beam attack is stronger when it has plenty of water to help it travel to its intended target.

On top of this comes the ability to fly, but he can go long distances only over water, for some odd reason.

Opening Post:

Chapter One: Enter the Evil Overlord
    (Off the shore of Canalave City, 7:45 PM)

"Finally." Marvin studied the brilliant sunset outside. It was always the time he went to town and destroyed a couple things before heading home… and this was the last day of his normal attack cycle. "We should get going. It's almost seven, and we need to keep to our normal routine."

"And who exactly are you trying to impress?" The Dragonite gave off a mental sigh. "These people are afraid of you enough as it is without you obsessing over wearing the same suit, and attacking at the same time, and the same places."

"I'm making an impression on my food. They fear me for my consistency. If I skip a beat, they'll think I'm weak." Marvin clenched a fist. "If I'm to hold the city under my grip, I have to first uphold my reputation. If I state that I'm going to be somewhere, I'll be there. You did remember what I said last time, right?"

"I did, and I still don't approve. Look how much this town has suffered under your hands." The Dragonite pointed towards the shore they were flying to. "You've already taken your revenge. Why not just move on?"

"It's more entertaining than having an existential debate with myself, over how I'm supposed to live my life." Marvin landed on the shore, and found it was a part of town that he had attacked only the night before. "Besides, destroying things helps my mind wander, and lets me think more clearly afterwards."

As he found some abandoned buildings, he gave off a sigh. "Anyhow, it's the only life I've got now. Might as well make the most impact out of the time I've got."

And he summoned the rain, as he usually did. Then came the massive flood from the beach that messed up the buildings. After that came the lightning and the winds that finished the job, and after that was done, a good two hours had passed and he had dome irreversible damage to the entire abandoned city block. Nobody got hurt this night, but he would need to eat soon… He was getting hungry, and he never went a cycle without getting something to devour.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Cosmic Fury: I'm going to go ahead and assume your app is the same as the one I looked over and said looks good earlier, so I'm also going to go ahead and accept you! We can talk more about getting you involved with the others if you feel the need to go over more ideas.

Dawn

Years
  • I went ahead and /assumed/ in my last post that nobody freaked out and totally tried to mortalize Lucy in response to her shenanigans with Amy. If on the off-chance I was totally wrong and someone totally wanted to attack her... speak up and we'll work something out. >.o

In other news, that was totally the last thing in the world Lucy expected to hit her: the world.

Also: Poor Collette~

Last edited:
    Back