• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
So I decided to get @Criminon's Alola Pokemon version of the patch... and I'm having a major problem. When I open PGE, Advance Sprite, and G3HS, I get their errors and cannot edit a thing (PGE and AS show that the Pokemon have completely disapeared.). When I open it up in Advance Map and HTE, It goes smootly... except all Pokemon Beyond Chimecho are corrupted versions of the first 386 Pokemon. Do you know how to fix that? And can you Decapitalize all names in the next version?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
Hi I need to add new pokemon to this base, by the way its amazing

But I dont know how to do it on PGE, I actually can add sprites using A- series and all the stats using Gen III Suite

But as you know that program is limited to 1020 Monsters but I want to use more slots until 1460, thats the base I am using. In PGE I can see all the 1460 slots but all time I click on a ?????? space it shows this message

Mab1anp.png

How can I edit a new added pokemon without errors

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
I'm having the sam issue.
You have to ask to Gamer2020 or post the issue on its github.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
is it normal that if I open the 1460 version with g3s I can't find the 7th generation Pokemon? the program only shows ??? and after all the Pokemon with the ??? there are the Megas

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
So I decided to get @Criminon's Alola Pokemon version of the patch... and I'm having a major problem. When I open PGE, Advance Sprite, and G3HS, I get their errors and cannot edit a thing (PGE and AS show that the Pokemon have completely disapeared.). When I open it up in Advance Map and HTE, It goes smootly... except all Pokemon Beyond Chimecho are corrupted versions of the first 386 Pokemon. Do you know how to fix that? And can you Decapitalize all names in the next version?

The issue is fixed now. Use this DL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/il9cbmq1y47zr45/Gen 7 Complete.ups?dl=0

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021
So i managed to figure out the hex thing for Advanced map, but when I open the patch in gen3suite, none of the evolutions are linked. Did I do something wrong or do i just have to manually redo every evolution in the game?

Last edited:

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021
So i managed to figure out the hex thing for Advanced map, but when I open the patch in gen3suite, none of the evolutions are linked. Did I do something wrong or do i just have to manually redo every evolution in the game?

Anyone ever experience this?

Sinon

Revered Legendary Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2019
Anyone ever experience this?

Like no evolutions saved at all in the Pokemons and no new evolution methods? Coz if you experiece that, we're in the same boat.

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021
Like no evolutions saved at all in the Pokemons and no new evolution methods? Coz if you experiece that, we're in the same boat.

It was no evolutions saved, so i deleted everything and started fresh. I now have no new evolution methods annnd A-Map won't list the names of the new pokemon, it's just symbols and jibberish... anyway to fix this?

Sorry, I'm rather new at this

Sinon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2019
It was no evolutions saved, so i deleted everything and started fresh. I now have no new evolution methods annnd A-Map won't list the names of the new pokemon, it's just symbols and jibberish... anyway to fix this?

Sorry, I'm rather new at this

Aw, I'm also experiencing the same issue and I've been researching ever since.
Regarding on the A-Map though... I think you can still see the new Pokemons. Try looking further up.

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021
Regarding on the A-Map though... I think you can still see the new Pokemons. Try looking further up.

You are correct...yes they're there.

Yeah it'd be nice to see the new evolution methods....

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021

So i replaced every Fire red in the ini with the 1020 one found here. have all the evo methods. However i ahve a lot of gibberish items and i don't have a lot of gen 4/5/6 items, like dusk stone, dawn stone, etc...

Sinon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2019
So i replaced every Fire red in the ini with the 1020 one found here. have all the evo methods. However i ahve a lot of gibberish items and i don't have a lot of gen 4/5/6 items, like dusk stone, dawn stone, etc...

What tool did you use to display the items?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Followed the steps of this post, picked up 2 random slots and they both thrown me the same error.
Spoiler:

Note: Yeah, I know, it's in Spanish, sorry about that. I can't translate the text personally if it's necessary.

Sinon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2019
Followed the steps of this post[/U][/URL], picked up 2 random slots and they both thrown me the same error.

Note: Yeah, I know, it's in Spanish, sorry about that. I can't translate the text personally if it's necessary.

What version are you using? Is it the 1460 or the 1020?

Sinon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2019

So you are using the 1020? Coz if yes, you can follow the instructions in the installation guide of it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I'm having an error message when I use Pokemon Editor in PGE. It says:
"Error: 63 Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value."

I already put the PGE INI file in the same directory with my rom and also rename it the same.
I'm using 1020 v1.1 patch.

Sorry, I'm new to this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024

Have you figured out the issue? I was gonna say that error in PGE has to do with a Pokemon that can mega evolve. I made a hack with this base and I still have this issue with the hack regarding PGE and noticed the other tool Gen 3 Suite doesn't throw out an error and force close after.

Also, I've randomly run into pokemon with no Level. It just says the number (like 4, not LV4) it still treats it as a level 4 but not sure if that was because of me changing the level limit to 255 or what.

Also, Pokemon will randomly skip levels when leveling up via EXP. It will go from 34 to 36 or something and then will say I need ~2 levels of exp to level up. I'm almost certain that's caused by the level limit being changed though.

For me, no game breaking bugs. Great base. I hope you continue to add on to it.

Back