• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoKeMoN FoRgOtEn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
You have to be joking.
That story line isn't interesting it's barly even readable!
And scripting a rockslide is probably one of the easiest things to do
E-V-E-R-!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey, uh, James, take a hint here.

I've given up a bit with my argument here, as he obviously won't listen. Just, uh, don't say anything else that could possibly be considered flaming, m'kay?

I really don't want to get anyone else in trouble. >_>

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
BrokenRoses: Don't be offended when people are trying to give you advice. How can you possibly expect to be good at hacking immediately? Sometimes you make mistakes you don't realise you've made and it takes someone else to point it out. No one is out to get you. No one even knows who you are.

Everyone else: What the hell are you guys arguing about? Its BrokenRoses' hack, if he doesn't want to change anything about it no one can make him. If he doesn't want to take your advice don't force it on him. Just give him some space to make mistakes and learn from them himself.

BACK ON TOPIC NAO PLZ

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Nice updates! The screenshots look nice, as does the scripting.
(this now meets the requirements for the Progressing Hacks section. You might want to make the page look a bit more professional before getting it moved though)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Actually, it doesn't meet the requirements for Progressing Hacks. Cierra specifically states that the first four screens cannot include battle screens, Pokédex screens, or something else that I can't remember at the moment.

However, should BrokenRoses have another, different screen, I would naturally assume it would be welcome.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
Mountains are never straight and getting an umbreon that early is bad
oh and its pretty nice like good uhh okay im not going to lie i dont like it

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Hey look, it's Snyser. Finally someone with a brain! He's exactly right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hack. The screenshots look good. The scripting is good. The story is good. I don't really see what everybody thinks is wrong with this, aside from the grammar.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey look, it's Snyser. Finally someone with a brain! He's exactly right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hack. The screenshots look good. The scripting is good. The story is good. I don't really see what everybody thinks is wrong with this, aside from the grammar.

Well, everything you said is an opinion. Someone could come through and say "Hey everything in this game iz horriblez!!11!1shiftonez" in the Prism thread or the ShinyGold thread, but you wouldn't assume that it would naturally be horrible, right? That's why people usually depend upon their own opinions, not those of others.

As far as from the "random person looking at the thread" point of view, there's not much to see here. I see four screenshots. The battle screen shows really nothing that differenciates BrokenRoses' hack from FireRed (as far as I can tell, that could've been taken out of the original FR), the overworld sprite doesn't seem to match throughout any of the screens (and I don't see any credits for the original sprite, which I assume was taken from a spriting resource..), and the mapping doesn't look particularly outstanding, nor do the scripts.

To sum that up, I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, of which they don't really need to explain their reasons.

And what was that comment about? "Finally someone with a brain!" Are you implying that everyone else that posted here didn't think before they posted? I am quite sure that they do. >_>

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
As far as from the "random person looking at the thread" point of view, there's not much to see here. I see four screenshots.

EXACTLY! It just irks me when people judge like that. Basically everyone here figured that just because the grammar was bad, the hack is horrid. I can't stand the whole "you're a n00b, you SUCK!" attitude. Zel was once a 'n00b', and I'm sure he got hell about it. But now look. He reigns over everyone with an iron fist. I'm just saying it's pointless to destroy a potential hacking god's spirit JUST because people think they're better than him, judging by four screenshots.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
EXACTLY! It just irks me when people judge like that. Basically everyone here figured that just because the grammar was bad, the hack is horrid. I can't stand the whole "you're a n00b, you SUCK!" attitude. Zel was once a 'n00b', and I'm sure he got hell about it. But now look. He reigns over everyone with an iron fist. I'm just saying it's pointless to destroy a potential hacking god's spirit JUST because people think they're better than him, judging by four screenshots.

Well, I do agree that part of the problem is the community. But, in life, you have to prove to others that you can do something, and the same applies here. The people that judge on those four screenshots.. To be honest, that's all they have to judge from. He's done shown nothing here that differentiates between him potential "hacking god" and "n00b".

And, I guess it's not good to destroy a person's spirit, but sometimes, helpful criticism is good. :D

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Well, I really think we should drop this entire thing, before we get a repeat of last time.. Looking back at other people's 'criticism', there is nothing constructive about it. Though I agree with what you say about having to prove yourself in life, you need a bit of encouragement here and there, or you'll drop your hack and it will die. Quite like how emos get no encouragement, just criticism, and they in turn die. Let's just drop the whole disagreement before it gets to be a big deal.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I really think we should drop this entire thing, before we get a repeat of last time.. Looking back at other people's 'criticism', there is nothing constructive about it. Though I agree with what you say about having to prove yourself in life, you need a bit of encouragement here and there, or you'll drop your hack and it will die. Quite like how emos get no encouragement, just criticism, and they in turn die. Let's just drop the whole disagreement before it gets to be a big deal.

Umm, some (only a few though) were constructive, and by doing that, it would seem like giving up. I gave constructive criticism, but no-one saw it.

I wish you luck, and BrokenRoses, I really hope it does turn out good. Can you work on the grammar a little bit please? It seems a little wrong. Also, what is the main legendary?

If anyone does flame you or whatever, just report it, don't argue. I wish you the best of luck.

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
Years
Thank you to those people who respect.me:)
BTW. If you dont like my game then just move along because Im not interested in hearing your complaining over & over again.
I know how to html but Im not good at this websites coding.X(
More Screenies will be up soon but due to a incident, I was pushed back a week( also due to school work and midterms.)
Yet again I will post more screenies by the 5th of feberary(about 10-15)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay, you took that Overworld from Pokémon Never Black & White. :<
Remove it, or I will report such theft to a moderator and the creator of Black & White.

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
Years
You should give credit, then.
sorry I havent update this form sience I first started it XD
I will be updating it along with credits, ect. on saturday.
I don't update it due to the story mode changes when I come up with new/better ideas so I will update it shortly

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay..one more thing....you spelled Forgotten wrong. XD
It has two 't's. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back