• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?

miju-kun

soaring
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014

Ninetales. This Pokémon is very mysterious and elegant which made me fell in love with it. Alakazam is also one of my favorites because of its design and it's a psychic type :D. I also love Dragonair, Dewgong, Articuno, Gengar, Jolteon, and Mewtwo.

Least favorite?
    Pikachu. I hate how its overrated and all. Pikachu was my favorite Pokémon until I figured out how annoying he is.
    (sorry pika fans if this offends you)

Last edited:

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Favorite would be Meowth, Arbok and Aerodactyl.

I don't really have a least favorite but back when they had Burger King toys...I drove fifty miles just to get a Pokemon toy and what did I get? At the time I didn't even know but it was a Voltorb top...I litterally cried because I thought it was "ugly" and I wanted something more Pokemon and less Pokeball. My mum ran back inside and got me another which was a Sandslash keychain though <3 her.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Favorite: Persian. And even today, it's still my favorite Pokemon out of all 600+ of them.

Least favorite: Used to be Growlithe because of my IRL fear of dogs, but after being subjected to the horror that is the Pokemon anime, my most despised Pokemon is now Pikachu. That thing is so stupid-looking it deserves to get hit by a truck or something.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Favorite: Jolteon and Aerodactyl. They hit fast and they hit relatively hard.

Least favorite: Pinsir, because it scared me when I was younger.

Years
  • Magnemite is one of my favorites, though it wasn't when the original games were all that there were. Back then I think it was Koffing or Jigglypuff or maybe Raichu. I don't really remember.

I never really liked or used Mr. Mime. He's creepy. Even the other pokemon that I never used or liked, like Spearow or Seel, I'd rank higher. Except Psyduck. I don't like that one either because it's just... Psyduck.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    freaking love the starters, and raichu.

never really liked tentacruel, mr. mime, jynx, hitmonchan,

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Charizard.

Dude, this Pokemon was so amazing back in the first generation and it just blew my mind how cool it was! In Pokemon Blue, it was the first Pokemon I trained to level 100 because I enjoyed using it so much. Its design, stats and its seemingly constant radiation of power makes it seemed like the gods of Pokemon back in the good ol' days. In the anime - Charizard was also so beast. As well as the above points, the way it ignored Ash was so funny and it seemed like it was the only one with a very unique character back in the first generation.

Man this thread makes me reminisce! <3

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Favorite:
    Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?Sure, we might have Houndoom now, but Arcanine is the original "Fire Dog". He has one of the best designs out of all the Pokemon. It isn't too simple, but it isn't too complicated. Just a great design with a great moveset and one of the strongest and most popular types in the game. Arcanine is a good reason why people like Generation 1: It's cool looking, strong, and it's appearance is simple, but not too simple.

Least Favorite:
    Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?This Pokemon tried way too hard to be cute. It is one of the worst(if not the worst) "small, pink ball" Pokemon there is. Overshadowed by the cuter Jigglypuff and the MUCH more useful Chansey in the original games, the only thing notable about Clefairy is that it is thought to be an alien. Luckily in Generation 5, we got a good evolution chain of extraterrestrial Pokemon.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • My Top 3 Pokemon of Gen. 1

★Starmie still remains one of my favorite Pokemon because of its versatility and its unique appearance.
    ★People say Charizard is really overrated and I'd have to agree to an extent but nonetheless, it doesn't take away from Charizard's epicness imo
    ★Jolteon is my favorite of the 1st generation eeveelutions and is third on my list of favorite Pokemon of all time behind Tyranitar and Salamence

My 3 least favorite Pokemon of Gen. 1

★It's Hyper Fang attack still gives me nightmares to this day
    ★I don't really have a problem with the Tentacool line outside of Gen's 1/2 but back then they just really know how to show their faces a little too much while surfing
    ★I still fail to understand the point of this bird's existence...

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    My favourite pokemon from generation 1 would have to be Kabutops.

I always thought it was really cool. I liked the design, and thought its scythe/blade/sickle arms looked so deadly (which is probably why I liked Scyther as well). Though it is favorite, my 8 year old self never had the patience to train that fossilized Kabuto into a Kabutops. I mean, c'mon, you're about done the game, with your party already made and then they throw this cool Pokemon at you. Nonetheless, its still my favorite.

My least favorite Pokemon from generation 1 were all the Pokemon that didn't evolve, excluding the legendaries. I just felt like all the Pokemon needed to evolve.
    Perhaps my least favorite would have to be
    .Yeah, Farfetch'd
    It looked so weak compared to all the other non-evolving Pokemon. I mean c'mon Electabuzz and Magmar looked fully evolved while Farfetch'd looked like Pidgey, a first line Pokemon in an evolutionary line.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Favorite: Missingno. If glitches don't count, then second place is a tie between Mewtwo and Porygon.

Least favorite: Chansey, the fat pink *****. I hate both this one and it's evolution with a burning passion.

Years
  • Favorite: Arcanine. Love it. Always have. Fire dog for the win.

Least: Zubat. So annoying and ugly.

Back