• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GeoGuessr

Years
Random idea for a game that I'm not sure how well it will work, but figured I'd try it at least =P
Not sure if it's better of as a hosted game or a game where people take turns as it involves images... but anyway.

In this game you try to guess where a screenshot/photo of a location in a Pokemon game is. You start with a cropped version of your original screenshot or photo, and if it gets guessed wrong you expand it and you gradually make it bigger and bigger with each wrong guess to make it easier to guess. After 4 wrong guesses you should be at the original size of the screenshot/photo. If multiple people guess at the same time and they are all wrong you'll need to increase the size accordingly.

You do not need to wait for someone else's guess to be answered to make one yourself, however....
Five wrong guesses and the one who posted the image 'wins' and can choose to make a new one or give up the turn to a new host. If you guess the location correctly then you can host the next round if you want (or pass the turn to someone else if not).
If the current host is inactive in this game for 72 hours you can put up a new image for a location.

If an image involves a location with a subarea you'll need to include the subarea name in your guess as well (I think this is mainly for the newer games). If the guesser has the general area correct, but not the subarea the host can comment on it being close, but not quite (or something similar), but doesn't have to.
You do not need to include the specific game in your guess. Just the precise location + optionally the region will suffice.

And for a first location to get things started and see if people are interested or not:

1-png.156418

What location am I in? =3

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Years
Now this looks like a cool game, I love to travel! I feel like this is somewhere in the Crown Tundra because of the snow fall, but not sure, I am going to take a wild guess near the Frigid Sea since it's looks like there's an npc in swimwear.

Years
Guess #1: Frigid Sea. Incorrect. The person is indeed wearing swim wear in a snowy area though!

A larger area of the screenshot:

1-1-png.156435

Probably should've picked an easier location for a first round... this just happened to be near where I was after taking some screenshots for something else xD

Attachments

• 1-1.png
    1-1.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
Years
Guess #2: I mean, it sounds like you know where I am =P
I can waive the subarea requirement if that's too specific (this location technically has two sub areas, of which I am in one), but I'm kinda gonna need the main area's name at least =3

1-2-png.156459

Attachments

• 1-2.png
    1-2.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 21
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Was kinda waiting for someone else to take a guess, but... that looks like Whitney's gym to me.

Is it 'The Goldenrod City Gym' ?
Yep. Wondered if that field of vision was too small. Seems not. (Would have done a full tile around, rather than a half tile.) Full image:
Pokemon Geoguessr Original.png

May either post the next location or pass it off to someone else.

Years
Wanted to do a 3Ds game, but rather struggled to take a clean photo of it. The vast majority had this weird corruption on it around the player character (not sure if it's just because I'm taking a photo of a screen or if my phone's camera is just too bad lol). Took the cleanest photo I had as a base.

2-png.157111

What location am I in? =)

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 14

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
That's Gen 7 for sure, looks like one of the cities. As to which, no idea. They all have very odd names, and I wasn't a big fan of those games in general.
(you can consider this a 'guess' if you want, but it's more just for info for someone else to look into lol)

Years
That's Gen 7 for sure, looks like one of the cities. As to which, no idea. They all have very odd names, and I wasn't a big fan of those games in general.
(you can consider this a 'guess' if you want, but it's more just for info for someone else to look into lol)

I wasn't sure whether or not to count it as guess last time either, but doing so will allow me to reveal more of the image at least (which may be helpful for people) and lacking other responses to do this with I guess I will =P

Also, this is indeed Alola.

2-1-png.157304

Attachments

• 2-1.png
    2-1.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 11
Years
Looks like RSE. There's probably multiple locations that have some sort of office decor in them, but first one to come to mind is the Weather Institute.

Is it the Weather Institute on Route 119 ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Looks like RSE. There's probably multiple locations that have some sort of office decor in them, but first one to come to mind is the Weather Institute.

Is it the Weather Institute on Route 119 ?
Incorrect. Zoomed out on the image a little more.

Pokemon Geoguessr 2.png

Back