• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy ( Revived )

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    I also agree with this. Basically, a sort of map of the island could be very useful, or a description of just where you can find what.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    @Pokemonmaster drago. Good idea and already working on

@Meganium. Omg I forgot to add the dorms and people. I'll add that tomorrow

@Genivieve. Accepted (hopefully I wrote your name right

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
    Name: Kyle Tyson
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Kyle is best described as a kind and well mannered boy. He is not a silent type boy but he does tend to keep his mouth shut when he is not spoken to. Many see Kyle as a 'childish' person but unfortunately, the're wrong. Kyle is somewhat a smart and intelligent teenager and will mostly help when it's needed.

Kyle has a preferance of finding new information about his 'unstable' self and mostly about different pokemon species. He has a vast knowledge about some pokemon and he will not stop at any cost before he gets the pokemon's trust. Kyle is also a frigile boy but not timid. He doesn't like to fight or hurt anybody but if truely tempted or needs to, Kyle will fight. He cares a lot about Spark and will truely honor him and respect him as a friend.
    History: Kyle was born in the outskirts of Snowpoint City. His parents were wealthy and they prior themselves living with a high reputation. As Kyle came to be, they observed curiously the reason he was born with two yellow ears and one small yellow tail. They then came to the conclusion of keeping him hidden from the rest of the world thus Kyle gained no freedom whatsoever.

As years went by Kyle's parents became more concerned, for it was time he gains education which meant nothing more than freedom to Kyle's ears. Though that was not the case. His parents sent Kyle to Unova to live with his aunt, Jenny, for she was a pokemon professor and researcher.

Unlike Kyle, Jenny was glad to see Kyle. She wanted to see with her own eyes how 'inhuman' like he was. As expected, she was fascinated by the physical appearance of Kyle, and thus ran a research work on why did Kyle recieve his abornormal pokemon and human looks. As Kyle stayed with her, he studied the books that Jenny owned and amused himself by the experiments and reactions that was being tested by Jenny.

Two whole year went by and Jenny ended her research which confessed that Kyle was a pure born Gijinka. She had heard of it and as she was aware that Kyle wouldn't fit in modern society, she signed him up for the academy, and also rewarded him with a male Pikachu, for the two years they spent together. They said farewells and joyfully, Kyle went to the academy when he was 10. Its been now 4 years and he has been enjoying himself.
    Pokemon: Pikachu
    Abilities: He has a fast knowledgable thinking mind which gets impowered by his pokemon hormones making thinking a really high rate.

He also has small electrical electrons which flows around his outside body causing small uninjured electrical shock to anyone who touches him. (The electrons cannot be seen by human eyes)

When in a fight, he concentrate most of the electrical components in his body directly at his fists, thus creating an orb of electricty on his hands which can thoroughly shoot electricity beams at the opponent.
    Other:

Pokemon

Name: Spark
    Species: Pikachu
    Appearance: He has the appearance of any sort of male pikachu but what makes him different is a blue scarf he wears around his neck. He is at an average pikachu sized height and for some reason, some of his forehead fur spikes up.
    Personality: He honors Kyle with the utmost respect as a trainer being with its partner but even though the matter, he shares the same feelings as Kyle has for him. He personally never lets any anonymous character approach Kyle and also he also holds a curious personality.

When it comes to battle/fight, spark surely would accept the challenge without hesitation and he will strive until he wins. He tends to not back down to anything he does and he will make sure to make the most out of it.
    Moves: Thunder, Agility, Iron Tail, Shockwave

SU done!! Few. Took me a while..... Hope its ok rafael!

Last edited:

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
    As said before, probably unlimited. Maybe when the dorms are gonna be posted, 5-7 student might reside in each and every dorm. Making it a total from 20 onwards if 3-4 dorms are posted. Not to mention......what about the teacher's rafael. Are there gonna be SU for them?? It'll be quite awesome to have some guys roleplaying as them...imo that is :).

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    wow, this is going to be VERY complicated, thats why I like it!

@Raphael if u do that (the teacher) reserve a spot for me. Also can the teachers (if any) be legendary Gijinka's?

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Years
    Oh dear, that'd probably not be a good idea. Especially if they also happen to have partner pokémon of the same species too. The teacher idea is a nice touch, really, but not the legendary thing, it seems just a bit overkill for that.

EGKangaroo

Years
    I just think it would far break the willing suspension of disbelief to have legendary gijinka teachers around, and I don't think the rule of cool can suffice to make it somehow acceptable. At best, the headmaster of the academy, or whoever has the highest authority there, could be a legendary gijinka, but that's just my two cents on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Name: Ryo Kyo

Appearance:

Personality: Ryo is an upbeat person, and although he is simple minded at times, he has a strong sense of justice. Ryo is confident and takes charge of his group. He is also quite caring and reassuring to his friends and family. Ryo seems to unintentionally show somewhat of disrespect towards people of higher authority than him upon meeting them. He possesses a strong sense of justice and an unrelenting heart. At times he is impulsive and quick to anger when defending his friends, but he is always sincere about what he says and does. Ryo seems to have a remarkable capacity to forgive, even to his sworn enemies. Though he is far from stupid, Ryo has often seen to be highly gullible and oblivious to what should be obvious. Ryo is often quick to anger whenever he's confused, and is quite childish at times. He can also be seen as quite impulsive, as he tends to jump into things without thinking them through beforehand. While simple-minded and naive at times, he has a strong sense of justice.

History:When Ryo was about the age of 2 he found out he was a Gijinka when he saw a Pokemon that looked just like him. At the age of 5 he confirmed his suspicions when he grew a tail and ears that sort of stick out of his hair. When he was 14 he applied for the Gijinka academy and on his 15th birthday he found out that he was accepted but his father didn't want him to leave. The next night though he snuck out of his window on the first floor and caught a train to the Academy.

Pokemon: Umbreon

Abilities: He can manupulate the shadows into a ball and shoot it towards anyone that threatens him. He can also blend perfectly with shadows.

Other: None

Name: Umber

Species: Umbreon

Appearance: Normal Umbreon

Personality: Like Her trainer

Moves: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Dark Pulse, Giga Impact

Dorm: Pikachu Dorm.

EGKangaroo

Years
    Oh, Raf, I see you added dorms. Does that mean we get to choose what dorms we get sorted in right now? If so, are there any specific differences between dorms, like the specific virtues of the different dorms like you have with the Hogwarts houses?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Twenty + spots and teachers? I don't mean to complain, but that sounds like a ton more people than are needed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having as many people who want to RP on board, but keeping relations and interactions with all of those different characters? Sounds like more trouble than it may be worth to me. I can't claim to know where you plan to go with this RP, whether if it's just going to be day-to-day life and interactions and general adventures around the academy or if there's going to be some big quest to embark on, but to me it sounds like this has a good chance to get divided and sidetracked if too many people are playing. Especially if the teachers are going to be players too, because they will probably have their own lives and issues that are divided for the most part from the students, which would only lead to more loss of focus for the overall RP. I could understand if the teachers were NPCs that could be controlled by players, or even minor secondary characters for certain RPers to use when necessary, but I'm not sure how I feel about them being actual characters.

Like I said, I have no idea where you plan to go with this, but I though I might voice my concerns just in case. I don't think that you don't know what you're doing, mind you, I just want there to be as few issues as possible in the future. I know it's not my place to decide these things, but it's just my two cents. If you want my opinion, keep SUs open for perhaps three days to a week, depending on your schedule and how many people you want on this, and then divide up the accepted players into the dorms after the RP is started (or have the players choose their own dorms at the beginning of the RP) Depending on where this goes from that point, more people may or may not be able to sign up.

Like I said, I may be overreacting and I don't know what your plans are, so sorry if I'm just sounding like some guy who wants to take over your game.

EGKangaroo

Years
    After reading through the noob hacker's post. I must admit that I concur with him in large lines. Though I've seen school roleplays work just fine with large numbers, they indeed largely focus on the every-day life and small social interactions between the students. If that's what we want from this roleplay, then all's just fine and dandy. Those kind of roleplays can certainly evolve into something neat when done right. As it is now, it's just largely what we want to take from this roleplay: a large day-to-day one, or one that has a central storyline. To be frank, I am okay with either, maybe leaning slightly to the latter. In general, large ones tend to have a little bit of a "fill it in yourself" storyline where the characters just cluster together in groups and a storyline eventually just naturally evolves from it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    I might just take out a dorm and then put only four spots in each dorm instead of five.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
    Good, good. Now another thing i should have asked. Does our pokemon level up? Eg: if my pikachu fights with your character's umbreon and my pikachu manage to defeat it.....anything happens? Levels? Or you keep track of the growth of the pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Levels.. All Pokemon start out on level 15 but they can keep the moves they already have.

Back