• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Grey (UK Spelling -- Pokemon Blue Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Yeah I think I played that very same hack as well, pretty good.

Again thanks for the luck, i've still been working on this hack recently by the way...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I guess you need someone else to say something. So, I'm giving a little bumping. I want to know if you've been doing other stuff on this project (remember that even if few, there will always be some people looking for playing more old gen hacks ;))

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Thanks, cool to hear, I was playing Pearl today and found it pretty annoying lol, GBA Pokemon games is the limit for me.

So i've been working slowly but surely on Pokemon Grey, just been trying to find compromises between imagination and reality, and getting some stuff flowing, whilst learning more about the ROM itself.

Been changing some tiles/text/map layout/some other weird stuff...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, giving another bump. I suggest you the next time you try to show something to get yourself some attention ;P

By the way, the starters still are the usuals? Isnt there a way to change that? (I know I love Squirtle, but, maybe it would be nice to have other options)

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Jeezs those pics are hard on the eyes. Put in some shades of grey lol

Well done on hacking Blue great to see some colour gen games coming up. Keep it up!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Hahaha, it's intentionally darker than usual plus I removed SGB and CGB features, so even when played in Color mode on an emu, it'll still have white, light/dark grey and black.

I don't know if i'll be putting ASM hacks, CBM will probably be busy with his hacks and I don't know what The Dude is up to recently.

I wouldn't mind changing the starters as well, but I don't know how to do it in a hex editor, there's a tool that can do it, but it makes it so Gary walks on you and the Poke Ball he picks teleports to him :laugh:

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Well I've hacked to a certain point, now what I'm basically doing is thinking what I should do next, I need to mix things up a little!

Nalesnik

My mom thinks I'm cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2008
So I'm guessing this hack will have a dark dimension and a light dimension? kinda like the whole opposites thing. yes? no? maybe? lobster?

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
No light dimensions allowed! Or lobsters.
By the way I posted an updated IPS patch (called version 0.1) so you can see some stuff I barely managed to do (from distractions/annoyances). You can beat one gym, have a go if you want.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
No light dimensions allowed! Or lobsters.
By the way I posted an updated IPS patch (called version 0.1) so you can see some stuff I barely managed to do (from distractions/annoyances). You can beat one gym, have a go if you want.
Hm, a Version 0.1 and there's already one gym available? That seems weird, most hacks have a Version 1.0 and don't even have a gym available in the game yet...

Anyway, this is very interesting, this encourages me to make my own Pokémon Blue hack, but I know myself, and it probably won't prevail. So keep up the good work, Black_Phantom.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Hm, a Version 0.1 and there's already one gym available? That seems weird, most hacks have a Version 1.0 and don't even have a gym available in the game yet...

Anyway, this is very interesting, this encourages me to make my own Pokémon Blue hack, but I know myself, and it probably won't prevail. So keep up the good work, Black_Phantom.

Thanks, wow someone replied? hahaha.
Well traditionally (lol), most "Old-Skool" Hacks were released fully completed and that's when you only found out about them (when everything was mostly "closed source", maybe a few random fixes etc later on), maybe with a few people releasing betas though.

Also I'm sure anyone is capable of making a hack of any sort. If you're seriously thinking of making a Pokemon Blue (or Red/Yellow/Green) hack I would be glad to show you a few things I know, though I'd say Cartmic, who has talked with me quite a bit about generation 1 hacking (and has been hacking longer), will definitely know more.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yes, I know what you mean. I would rather, actually, have a beta with at least 2 or 3 Gyms in the game before playing it, so I know what things the author can do with the game. It's great, though.

About 1st Generation Hacking, I would love to make my own, but I meant that I am the kind of person that actively starts new projects. But, maybe hacking a new engine could be different.

Anyway, I really like this game, so keep up the good work!

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
ooo...intresting...hack of the originals...dont see that too often anymore...

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Hey Black_Phantom this looks like a really good hack.
Ill support you with whatever you do, man. This is one of my favorites.

Good luck and I hope you prevail with this hack.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Thanks guys, girls and a bit of boths, the support is appreciated!

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Yeah the capitals of the font is a little hard to read.
Maybe if you took that strikethrough line (looks like it) out of them.
But it goes good with the name "Pokemon Grey"... keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back