• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokemon Gym T-Shirts

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    Hey guys, i have some designs here based on the Pokemon gyms from the first series. Any feedback would be appreciated! They're already available to purchase on Amazon, but i would like to know if you think they are any good, and maybe give me some ideas for what to do next. What would you want on a Pokemon T-Shirt? Cheers!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    They actually look pretty good, I especially like the Japanese (assuming) type, really nice touch. How much you selling them for?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    Thanks a lot! the Japanese is - i believe - also accurate, and is the Japanese name for the gym! (took from bulbapedia)

Men's and Ladies t-shirts are a tenner each, and i've put them on hoodies too which are a bit dearer. They should come up in the search on amazon with "Pokemon Gym T-Shirt", or at least i hope they do!

Years
    Thanks a lot! the Japanese is - i believe - also accurate, and is the Japanese name for the gym! (took from bulbapedia)

Men's and Ladies t-shirts are a tenner each, and i've put them on hoodies too which are a bit dearer. They should come up in the search on amazon with "Pokemon Gym T-Shirt", or at least i hope they do!

I have looked on Amazon for these shirts and they aren't there. I searched Pokemon Gym T-Shirt like you said, but it came up with a Pikachu Shirt and a Starfish phone cover.

I do have to say that these shirts are pretty amazing and would like to purchase one when I get the chance. I hope you do make more if you plan on it

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    Thank's GigaGamics! Much appreciated :)
    Unfortunately i can't post a link, but maybe instead search "city slacker pokemon" under clothing category, that could possibly find them!
    What other gyms would you want to see? i was thinking of perhaps doing a run with the gym leaders too!

Years
    Unfortunately, it did not work. I wish you luck in trying.

Also, since you already have five of the eight Kanto gyms on a shirt, why don't you just finish it out with the other three.The gym leader thing sounds like a good idea. Maybe do it with the pokemon they are most affiliated with them?( For example: Brock with Onix or Misty with Starmie...)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    I've just realised, and i should have mentioned, i am UK based so they would be on Amazon UK! That's a fair shout though, i'm a little restricted by the colours of tshirts that are suitable, but yeah, i think finishing the set would be a good idea!

Years
    Great, thanks for mentioning it, I had just found it. I did the currency converting for Pounds to US Dollar and it is basically $17. ($16.76)

If it is Pounds in Britian, good. If it's not, sorry. I hope I don't offend anyone

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey guys! Just remember that PC (or A&D, by extension) is not a platform to sell goods. So keep that in mind, okay?

Anyway, usually, I tend to close threads when all they want to sell their products. Mostly because they only showcase the same boring designs and completely unremarkable Ash and pikachu pictures that anyone can iron on to a shirt.

But this, this is honestly some of the best t-shirt design usage I've ever seen for Pokemon. I'm honestly really impressed, and would definitely purchase one for myself (especially if there was one for the Fairy type gym leader! <33)

Joshua, how did you create the logos for the gyms? What inspired you? Do you have plans to create more, for later generations?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    Wow thanks for those kind words fairy! I did wish to refrain from linking the products or anything, but i thought it was worth mentioning that they're out there already! I really appreciate what all you guys are saying though, and i appreciate you not closing the thread!

As for what's next, i'm going to finish off doing the gyms from the original set, and then i think i may do similar styles of designs but for the different types of Pokemon with the relative t-shirt colour. I would just have to think of all the little fine details to make it really cool.

I created them using Adobe Illustrator, started out by creating the basic shapes for the parts, and then id cut the shapes from a blank square to leave a negative imprint sorta thing, and then carefully arranged it all. I wanted each one to have its own feel so i experimented with different banner styles and such, and in a few you may notice the shapes of the gym badges are cut from it, and theres some sneaky pokeballs too!

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    These are fantastic! They look really professional! I'm glad you went with the one color, too.

Veil

♫ ♪ ♬ ~
    Years
    These are really nice looking! I especially like the Vermillion Gym one. The Japanese is also a nice feature.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Those shorts look so cool. To bad i can't get any. Parents wont let me unfortunately. keep up the work with the really cool shirts.

Back