• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Hyacinth Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
  • those are some sweet fakes there guys. i can't wait to catch 'em to see what they do. hopefully you will keep this game going.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I'm determined to finish this not matter what it takes.
    Progress may be slow in places (like now) but i can asure you it will be complete!

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    Spoiler:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • You need a tile map editor.. its quite a lengthy process which i cba to do..

UPDATE:
    -New Fakemon and screenies edited into the first post..
    -New fakemon credit to SAMSON.
    -First Gym leader script somplete.
    -alpha nearing release

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • More screens :D
    HyacinthScreenie10.png

HyacinthScreenie11.png

Mapping is 100% complete for the First Alpha

Also i'm opening applications to be a Beta Tester :D
    Form:
    Code:
    Name:
    Reason for application:

Most of the scrippts are done now apart from the main ones, which just need to be inserted, and the sprites comleted before beta release!

Last edited:

Ranshin

ㄨThunder Kingㄨ
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Interesting...I'm certainly looking forward to this game.

Netish

errr CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!
    Years
  • I would be really interested in being a beta tester, I've played tons of roms of pokemon so I think I have lots of experience ^_^

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Name: Xoax
    Reason for application: I am bored. xP Really.
    I can quickly beta test,my emulator works very fast. I have played countless ROMs and i have experience.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • funny how people post now i opened beta tester applications..

you do know that beta testing involves bug finding and stuff aswell? not just playing. xD Ill consider you both.

but no comments on the hack? it makes me :(

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • okay guys, i got a major decision to make. seeing as the spriting side of the project is lagging very far behind, none of the fakemon backs are done hardly.

so my question is this.

do i Hold back the release of the alpha until theyre done, or rrelease it without them and gradually add them as theyre done?

(the Alpha/Beta will reach the 4th Town and cover 2 Badges and the first Major event.)

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • dude. don't be in a hurry to send soemthing out now. just wait until you get your fakemon backs. it'll make a better experience for the player.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • dude. don't be in a hurry to send soemthing out now. just wait until you get your fakemon backs. it'll make a better experience for the player.
    Hey, thaks for the support.
    Im n ot exactly in a hurry, but the pressure will be on once its only the backsprites.. thats what im saying.
    itll be months before theyre complete, when everything else is waiting.. :( i dont know what to do...

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • well why not just try and get stuf other stuff done while you wait. that way all you'll have left is inserting backsprites

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • i got a few scripts that need inserting for the demo, but a bit more mapping then i need is done. Although i see what you mean i could work ahead with the maps and stuff. it wouldnt feel productive though for me while theres things with more priority that need doing.

And Scizor, i do, but i dont know how its gonna work yet i.e theres gonna be 5 rather than 8. and im not sure how t edit them and such.. if you want you could make a start, the 1st should be a bit like part of a donut. And be the LEFT side of it. (think if a donut was split into 5 then it would be the LEFTmost part of the donut.) it should be RSE size and have a rain/sea theme.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back