• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hybrid Chronicles

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    After saying that he was going to get some rest, Mav promptly left the medical room, leaving Ashley to wait around and think about what she'd just found out. Only a few minutes later, the younger doctor-who was slightly frightened to be around her now- came into the room with her diagnosis.

Eyeing her nervously he quickly muttered, "The ribs on your right side are indeed bruised so we'll going to give you some pain pills to take for a couple of weeks." Nodding affirmatively, she waited for him to continue. "Normally, it'd probably take about three weeks to heal completely, but since hybrid bodies are much stronger than human bodies, you should be healed in half the time at the earliest. You probably shouldn't try any of your attacks, especially your fire and smog attacks until then." With his eyes darting around and his body constantly shifting, he seemed anxious for Ashley to leave.

"I understand, and I'll be careful." Smiling apologetically, she added, "I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I was just really worried about what was going to happen to my friend. It won't happen again." Turning around to walk out, she paused when he muttered, "Fine. See that it won't." When she heard the door to the x-ray room shut behind her, she shrugged and left the medical area and started heading for the cafeteria but decided that she needed some rest first.

After a short nap, she was rudely awakened by a Loudred hybrid. "GET UP, YOU! I DON'T MAKE ROUNDS OF THE THIRD FLOOR FOR NOTHING, YOU KNOW!" With his voice painfully loud for hybrids with normal hearing, the guy's voice felt so loud to Ashley that she was surprised that her ears didn't start bleeding. She practically jumped five feet up in the air from a laying position, landing on the floor beside her bed. "I'm up. I'm up," she groaned, picking herself painfully off the floor. After this, she'd definitely need the pain medication. "What was that?! Geez, you people mumble a lot! You're as nervous as a Glameow, too!" Wincing as every word slammed into her sensitive eardrums, she covered her ears and yelled, "I said I'm UP!"

Before he could say another painful word, she hurried out of the room and took a quick shower, putting on some fresh clothes when she was done. At least I don't smell like that Rydon hybrid anymore.... Hope those pain pills help with headaches. I need it after my 'wake-up call.' After eating-and barely stomaching-a shapeless blob that only slightly resembled food, she took a couple of the pain pills with a glass of water. Dragging herself back to her room, she tumbled into the bed to sleep the rest of the night away.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Deciding it was best not to stay in the garden for fear of falling asleep without warning, Gale headed towards the hospital wing. As she walked towards it, she could hear noises coming from all directions. Strange experimenting sounds from various labs, cries of hybrids that were moving ever so swiftly to and fro, and the tiny pitter-patter of footsteps, sweeping across the cold, hard floor. Gale winced in pain at the many sounds, and looked at the entrance to the hospital wing.

Do I dare enter? She pondered the thought of catching a disease from any sick hybrid, but decided to enter anyway. As soon as she did, she was startled by the voice of a Loudred hybrid.

"HEY! YOU! YEAH, YOU!" the hybrid motioned to Gale. "WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR???" Gale covered her ears as the Loudred boomed his words.

"I'm here to see some of the bed-ridden hybrids. I really haven't talked to anyone, and I'd like to start here, as this is the quietest place," Gale explained. "Or so I thought it was..." she muttered under her breath.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" The Loudred hybrid scowled. Gale shook her head, trying to indicate that she had said nothing, and the hybrid, snarling at her, walked away from her, leaving her to find someone to talk to.

Many hybrids seemed to be greatly injured. Probably because of that Tyranitar or because of the arena, Gale thought. Every so often, she'd stop in front of another hybrid's bed, but they were usually unconscious, so it was pointless trying to converse with them.

"Wonder if there's anyone to talk to at all here..." Gale sighed. "I thought it would be a lot easier, but I guess not..."

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Kite wandered through the complex, finally stopping at a location where the dome that would eventually become the courtyard was constructed. Workers swarmed over the structure, moving steel and other materials, while others were bringing in heavy materials into the half-completed dome. The fact that the scientists would have such a thing built was confusing to him. He had always assumed they didn't care for their well-being, as long as they were alive and healthy (and ready for any tests) they were perfectly content to let them live the way they did. But the construction of what was essentially a playground meant that they really cared. That is, if the playground was exactly what it appeared to be. Kite couldn't rule out the possibility of some darker, more sinister purpose to the courtyard. Maybe it was just to help them investigate hybrids in a more natural habitat, in which case it was a completely scientific construction. Or maybe it was to help placate the hybrids and make them less wanting to break out. If they already had their own mini-world, then maybe they wouldn't want the real thing.

Kite debated endlessly with himself about the true nature of the scientists running the project. But he got nowhere, instead just exploring a list of interesting possibilities, but there was no way to know which one was true. He crossed his arms across his chest, the chains clinking against each other. He was taking the leftover chains in his room and trying to forge a kind of three-fingered claw out of them, to attach to the ends of the one he used as weapons. It was hard work; changing the shape of metal was the hardest thing he could do with his magnetic powers. But it might pay off greatly. Even though rumor had it Rowan and Spencer had been remerged with harmless Pokemon due to concerns about their bullying, his gang was still wandering the halls. Even though Kite reckoned he could take them on individually, it wouldn't hurt to have some extra help. He also wondered if he should go and give Rowan some payback, but that idea never got too far. He hadn't seen Rowan since the fight, and although everyone was saying the rumor, he didn't know if it was true or not. Same with the rumor of what was going on in the basement. Remerging hybrids. Strange though. Were the scientists just testing out some newfound power, or were they running out of orphans to kidnap? Kite had heard about half a dozen versions of the same story, some saying that these remerged people were going to be released into the outside world, others saying that they were killed. Most versions just put them as being released back into the complex, although there was supposedly a lot of torture and pain involved. Kite doubted the scientists would torture hybrids for the sake or torturing them, but maybe it was to measure their physical and mental endurance as opposed to humans?

He decided to head to the medical wing to see if Ashley or Maverick were all better yet. There was a third rumor, of Serena, an Altaria hybrid, having escaped the facility. Kite did no know Serena well, she was a bouncy, floaty kind of person, anathema to Kite's own preferences. It was true she had mysteriously vanished. But had she escaped? Kite doubted it. If she had, there was sure to be some kind of retribution from the scientists, and there had been no signs of that. Yes, it was all such a peculiar business.

He walked into the medical wing. There was no sign of Ashley or Maverick, and the only concious person in the room besides himself and some non-hybrids was a girl with a Glaceon-esque tail and a hat looking like the head of a Glaceon. Why anyone would try and look more like a Pokemon was beyond him, but maybe she just liked how Glaceon looked. They were quite beautiful creatures.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???"

Kite glanced around. There was a Loudred hybrid shouting at him.

"YEAH, YOU!!!" the hybrid stalked over.

"Shut up," Kite growled at the Loudred hybrid.

"WHAT? SPEAK UP!!!" The blast of sound made Kite's ears ring, but he made no motion to reveal so.

"I said, SHUT UP!" he yelled at the hybrid, his eyes glaring and his mouth a fierce frown.

The hybrid glared at Kite for a few seconds, then stomped off to annoy some other people.

Kite shook his head and walked further into the building, the chains wrapped around his limbs clinking as he did so. People like that he just wanted to pick up and shake until they figured out what they were doing wrong.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Day 1 Overview. Darren's POV.

The arena reopened today, not like I'll be visiting it anytime soon. Some of the tougher hybrids have been excited about the reopening. I might check it out sometime, just to show those bigger hybrid what I can do. Nothing wrong with a little showing off, right?

Psysicals were today. I weighed in at around 89 lbs.; thanks to my Gengar attributes. They also said i was about 5' 11" tall. I had a small chuckle at them trying to test my reflexes; I would mess with them and make my leg transparent as the hammer came down.

I heard from word around the institute of strange experiments going on in the basement. Very dangerous experiments. I was intruiged to check it out, but I never did.

Day 2 Overview. Darren's POV.

I saw construction on a park-like dome underway. Great, just what I need; artificial sunlight and interaction with other hybrids.

I saw a few masked men exiting the basement. I tried following back in transparently to no avail. I was caught and sent back to my bunk. I wonder wonder what is going on in there....

That Tyranitar hybrid, Rowan I think his name is, has been getting on my last nerve. He refuses to call me by my real name and instead calls me "Spook". It annoys me to no end.

But of course, I can't let him know that. Everytime he tries to mess with me, I just pass right though him; sending chills down his spine.

Day 3. Third-Person POV.

Darren was awoken this morning by a rather loud-mouth Loudred hybrid.

"GET UP, YOU! I DON'T MAKE ROUNDS OF THE THIRD FLOOR FOR NOTHING, YOU KNOW!" It bellowed through the halls.

"Ughh." Darren moaned, crawling out of bed.

"WHAT WAS THAT? QUIT MUBMLING!!" The Loudred screamed.

"All I did was moan." Darren said softly, walking out of the room.

"WHAT?! I SAID SPEAK UP!!" The Loudred boomed again.

"ALL I DID WAS MOAN!! JESUS!" Darren yelled back at the hybrid. Darren isn't much of a morning person. Heck, he isn't a life person.

Darren stumbled off into the hallway when he saw Roawn and his lackeys in their new bodies.

He gave a small smirk and continued on.

((sorry it took so long to make my first post >_<))

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    The next morning, Ashley was awakened by yelling going on in the room next to her. Quickly getting dressed, she hoped to avoid the Loudred hybrid's "friendly" wake-up call. Before she went out, she grabbed Aiden's notebook from under her bed so she could finally return it to him.

Just as she exited her room, the Loudred spotted her and boomed, "HEY, ASHLEY! THE SCIENTISTS HEARD ABOUT YOU FALLING OUT OF BED LAST NIGHT, AND THEY WANT YOU TO HEAD TO THE MEDICAL WING TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T HURT YOUR RIBS ANYMORE!" Wincing at the fresh, pounding headache the shout was giving her, she quickly nodded, knowing that he probably wouldn't understand her words. Oh, great! I bet it was ol' big-mouth here who tipped them off. He wouldn't be able to keep a secret even if his life depended on it!

Sighing, she walked over to the hospital wing, stopping at the dining area long enough eat an apple and to see if Aiden was there. He wasn't, so she left, disappointed. When she reached the hospital wing, she was slightly surprised but glad to see Kite there. There was also a Glaceon hybrid, but Ashley had a little bit of trouble remembering what her name was because it'd been so long since she'd seen her last.

Is it Bell or does it rhyme with bell? Vale? Zale? Is Zale even a name?
    She decided to talk to Kite until the name came to her. "Hi, Kite. How's it going? Did you hear about what happened to Mav? He's a little more..... green than he used to be...." She waited to see his reaction.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Jiro groaned as he slowly began to wake up. After a while of waiting for the scientists to come back, he had dozed off once again, the overproduction of paint draining him of energy, causing him to fall asleep. Now he had no idea what was going on. How long had he been out? Where was he now? And where had his clothes gone?

As far as he could tell, Jiro was no longer in the glass tube he had been in before. Now, he was in a darker, metallic chamber, only a small circular window provided him with light, and still that was not much, seeing as the outside room was still dimly-lit. He was no longer in his normal hybrid attire, the scientists apparently stripping him down to nothing as he had slept, and he felt even more lethargic (if that was possible) then he had before, coming to the conclusion that some type of drugs were most likely running through his system. Because he no longer felt the pain in his abdomen, yet his tail was still streaming paint like crazy, he guessed it was some type of pain killer.

Staggering to his feet, Jiro felt around for a possible way out of his new prison, eventually finding a seam in the wall, however no door handle was present. It appeared he was sealed within this machine, the door only openable from the outside. He was about to take a look through the small circular window to see what exactly was going on, when a large whurring sound resounded through his chamber. Whatever type of machine he was inside was now powering on. He felt a wave of invisible energy flow through him, once, twice, three times, increasing interval speed until it was one constant flow of energy throughout his body.

Then the pain came. It didn't matter how much drugs they had administered to his body, it was impossible to mask the pain of your DNA, the very structure of your being, slowly being torn apart. Jiro cried out as his body was deconstructed, his face becoming less of a muzzle, molding more into a human head, his ears shrinking back down to normal human-size as well. Slowly, the fur on his body began to retract inwards, eventually leaving him with bare skin. He writhed in pain as the changes were happening to him, inside his organs were being re-arranged back into what they should be, and long, messy, blonde hair began to grow out of his head. However, the physical pain was nothing compared to the pain he felt shooting through his heart. Something very dear to him was being taken away.

His tail was the last thing to go. It had stopped the flow of paint once his artisan sack had been removed from his body, and now Jiro felt a searing pain from his rear end as it began to retract into his body altogether. Like a noodle, his tail was pulled all the way into him, and vanished, leaving only a slight bit of extra tail bone, but not enough that someone would be able to notice there had been something there before.

The whurring slowed to a stop, and Jiro felt whatever energy had been flowing through him cease. Gasping for air, he held onto one of the sides of the machine for support as he tried to regain his composure. He looked over himself, at his new (or old, depending on how you looked at it) human form. He saw his face in the reflection of what amount of paint had seeped out of his body earlier. This wasn't right. This wasn't him. Jiro slowly got to his feet and gazed out the small window he had attempted to look through earlier, placing his ear to the door to hear a bit clearer, and certianly not pleased with what he heard or saw...

------

Jiro's smeargle half cowered in fear as the door to his own pod was opened and the scientists yanked him out, looking over him to see if anything had gone wrong.

"Everything seems to have been a sucess." One said.

"So It seems. Has the new pokemon to merge him with been picked yet?" Said another.

"Not yet." The first one replied "But we should have it within a couple of hours. What do we do with this mutt though?" He said, shaking the small painter pokemon in his hand.

"Without being merged with a human, he is pathetically weak." The other scientist said. "We have no more use for him. Put him down."

Both Jiro's hearts nearly stopped as they heard these words. And they thought simultaniously:

Put... Down?

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    pσкємση: нyвяι∂ ¢няσηι¢ℓєѕ
    ησtєѕ

namora- Good post(s)! I've always liked Ashley's character, great job with the Loudred.

Lusankya- Good job with the post...as always.

Armyguy0628- Bit on the short side (each section, which each picture one day, I mean), but because its kind of hard to keep up with events that's already passed, I'll let it slide. Next posts should be a bit longer as they only focus on one day.

Gamekrazy- Everything I could have asked for. Great suspense in that one!

Years
    He awoke with a start, gasping and sweating heavily. A few minutes passed by before Jasper was fully aware of his surroundings. The Umbreon shuddered for a moment, remembering what had happened the night before...

What are they...doing? What's that? Ohh! were Jasper's first thoughts as he awoke. He was sprawled on the lush, soft green grass and the feel of it on his bare back was...wonderful! Simply wonderful. Jasper had been dressed down to his boxers and the night air tickled him - Jasper shivered. But still, the air was so...fresh! So rich! He breathed it in deeply and closed his eyes blissfully. But his peace was not to last.
    "It's awake!" cried a loud voice and a bundle of scientists flocked to stand around him. Jasper began to growl, and started coughing and choking instead. Someone - he didn't see who - released a Machamp and Jasper stared, uncomphrenhending. With a vicious grin, the Machamp pinned Jasper down. Jasper let out a fierce yowl, but the Machamp held firm. So great was the Machamp's strength, Jasper could not move his limbs.
    "Moonlight!" ordered a cold, hard voice. "Use Moonlight." And it was then Jasper saw the true source of all his adoration and strength. The beautiful moon hung high above him.
    "Mother Moon," he whispered, hardly believing it was real. That this was actually happening. "Beautiful." Jasper's rings began to light up - first the ring in the center of his forehead, then his shoulderblades, his lowerlegs, his ear bands, and lastly, his tail. A bright light shone on Jasper as he absorbed energy and when he awoke, Jasper felt powerful enough to escape. Immediately, he threw his energy into wrestling away from the Machamp - and it was working! But a syringe popped into his back and! ...he was out like a light.

...Jasper smiled to himself, the memory of the Great Mother Moon easing away his discontentness. Jasper himself felt great. His wounds had healed and though he was a bit sore on his chest and - when examining himself - Jasper found huge scars had marked his stomach, shoulders and neck, he felt good enough to get in another fight.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    (Heh. Sorry it's been a while ^^')

Gale began noticing others awakening and leaving. Seeing how it would be best not to stay longer (especially since the Loud-brid was killing her ears with his exploding voice), she calmly walked towards the doors.

"HEY! WHERE DO YA THINK YOU'RE GOING?" The Loud-brid boomed at her before she could step foot outside to her silent sanctuary.

"Oh, I'm done looking around. May the others get better," Gale said softly, bowing.

"FINE, FINE. JUST DON'T WIND UP HERE!!!" And with that, the Loud-brid was off to check on the others. Gale wiped her forehead. Phew, she thought. That Loud-brid would make rock concerts sound silent... She giggled at the thought, and noticed a Flare-brid and a Magnez-brid. She swiftly walked past them, afraid the Flare-brid might torch her, seeing how after all, it was of the Fire type, while she was of the Ice type.

She reached the garden she was peacefully at before. She noticed a new plant that wasn't there before. It seemed kind of...eerie, as if it were going to attack her. She walked over to it and sniffed it. A noxious gas imploded from it, and she wheezed loudly. The next thing she knew, she was asleep.

It was maybe a few minutes until Gale woke up. She gasped, for the flowers were gone. Must've been Vile-brids or something like that... she assumed. After all, they couldn't just be there and disappear like that...

(OK, sorry if this was answered and all, but can hybrids know TM/HM moves? 'Cause I thought it'd be useful for Gale to know Water Pulse, since Glaceon can learn it via TM and all...)

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Kite felt, rather than saw, someone walk into the room. Something about the bioelectrical impulses that were sent from neuron to neuron, along the nerve fibers in every living being. Both humans and Pokemon alike essentially ran on electricity, and Kite could feel that electricity with a fine magnetic sense present only in a Magnezone. And in the people around him, lying in the hospital beds, the flows of charge were disturbed, disrupted.

But now there was something new. Kite stretched his fingers at his newfound sight. In those asleep, he could practically see the charge flowing within their heads, their brains aglow with the electric thought of dreams. And a little bit in those awake as well, although for some reason, that was to a lesser extent.

He glanced back to see who had walked into the medical wing. It was Ashley. "Hi, Kite. How's it going? Did you hear about what happened to Mav? He's a little more..... green than he used to be...."

Kite shook his head. "I haven't seen Mav since the fight," he said. "Nor have I heard anything about him asides from what you've just told me." He uncrossed his arms and twirled a lock of hair around a finger. "I'm fine, thank you. Are you recovering well?"

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    pσкємση: нyвяι∂ ¢няσηι¢ℓєѕ
    ησtєѕ

Pikataro- Good post, try to add a bit more detail to the posts, otherwise it was okay. And the Hybrids are allowed to know TM/Egg moves, but no more than three TM/Egg moves altogether, and it would be preferred if you knew less than three, as Hybrids don't have much access to TMs.

lusankya- Not much I can say that I didn't say previously.

Unexpected event

Some Hybrid was recently sent to the Hospital/Medical Care section of the laboratory because he had been severly injured by a Pachirisu (Rowan.) Its suddenly become a large topic of conversation, and has brought Rowan back to being feared, though not as much as he once was, before he was remerged with a Pachirisu. It was intended to be an effort to keep Rowan under control, but it seems that the attempt might possibly have been futile.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Shaking his head, Kite said, "I haven't seen Mav since the fight nor have I heard anything about him asides from what you've just told me. I'm fine, thank you. Are you recovering well?"

"I'm better, I guess. I would be better if that loud-mouth Loudred morph didn't blast my ears off every chance he gets," she said, showing some irritation. "Anway," she continued, "you should really talk with Mav. He's a Grovyle hybrid now, and he can tell you a little about what's going on in the basement. Haven't seen Jasper yet..... I'm sure he'll have an interesting story to tell as well."

Her eyes wondered around the room and fell upon those who'd recently been admitted. Remembering the stories she'd heard about Rowan being turned into a Pachirisu, she wondered if it was true that the scientists' attempt to stop his aggressive tendencies had failed.

"You think it's true that Rowan is a Pachirisu hybrid now and that he's still putting hybrids in the hospital? I see some here that look like they've been in a fight but were nowhere near the fight we were in." After thinking for a moment, she added, "You're a Magnezone hybrid, right? Can you tell if any of the patients here have had electricity discharged through them recently?" I don't see what I'm going to do about it if it is true, but it's better to know what I could be up against. Rowan might hold a grudge against Kite and me, especially Kite though.... Well, since he's an electric type, too, maybe he won't get hurt......maybe.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Before he slept, Maverick supposed he should check the basement door one more time. He hurried over, and once again pressed his head against the door. "Hmmm… nothing… not even a word… that's strange…" he said, interested. He thought about it, and it suddenly brought fear into his mind. He had a feeling that something strange and unexpected would happen, but on the contrary, nothing did happen. Maverick slowly walked to his room, before jumping in bed, and he slowly drifted off to sleep.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The next morning…
    As Maverick slowly woke up, a revelation dawned on him. What if, He thought, no-one except Ashley recognizes me? He then remembered that he was going to check the basement door again. He slowly walked towards the door, hoping nothing too shocking would happen. Unfortunately, this was not the case. When he arrived, putting his head to the door like before, he was absolutely shocked at what he heard. "Everything seems to have been a success." A voice said. "So it seems. Has the new pokemon to merge him with been picked yet?" Said another. Hmm… looks like we're still on the topic of Jiro… The next voice confirmed his theory. Not yet." The first voice replied "But we should have it within a couple of hours. What do we do with this mutt though?" Maverick thought that he should see what he could do about this. "Without being merged with a human, he is pathetically weak. We have no more use for him. Put him down." Maverick was surprised that they would do that, and then thought back to his remerging. What had they done to his Swampert half?

Maverick had to find a way to help… and then it struck him. Or rather, 'it' came wondering down the hallway, in the form of a really big mouth. "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO EXPLORE THIS PLACE! BESIDES, THERE'S RUMORS NOW, YOU SHOULD KNOW!" Maverick was irritated at this, but he knew exactly what to do. He put his hand on the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. Time to use the backup plan that just came out of nowhere. "Hey, Loudred hybrid, I kinda need your help." "WHAT KIND OF HELP!?" "Oh, just the kind of help you're good at. Shouting, if you don't understand what I mean. I want you to, simply put, shout so loud it blows the door off." "OH, REALLY? IS THAT ALL? OK!" And so, to put it simply, Maverick said, "shout when you get my signal." Then, he ran to behind the stairs, put on a pair of earmuffs he found lying around, and gave the signal.

Even the earmuffs were not enough to protect Maverick from the humungous blast of sound that rattled the whole building. It sent him flying clear off his feet and bashed him against the wall. But he was resilient, and the blast of sound was nothing to what he was attempting to do. He got up, dazed, and then proceeded to totter a bit before regaining his footing. He then crept slowly towards the basement, but saw big mouth lying unconscious on the floor. He sighed, and said to himself, "I guess the sound blast was too much even for him… better take to the hospital wing. At the very least the blast will distract the scientists and prevent them from killing that Smeargle for a while… I really hope this works…" He rushed toward the hospital wing of the building, accidentally brushing his body on something hot, which he later identified as Ashley's body. When he reached there, he quickly alerted a medic as to what had happened. Little did he know that near the basement door there was a vaguely squirrel like hybrid chuckling to himself…

OOC: Yes, 'the next morning' was a direct reference to PMD. And so you know, I won't be posting for a few days.

Last edited:
    Back