• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon I Choose You!

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    So today I went and purchased Pokemon BLUE on the nintendo eshop, I was debating for ages about which version to get and I was so split between R and B and Y and I have played all 3 fully, but after looking at the available pokemon in each version and reminiscing, I went and got blue.

I've already delivered oaks parcel and now the old man is about to show me how to catch pokemon, PAH like I need his advice :P

ahh I can't stop grinning, I feel like my 8 year old self again, just sucks I have work today, otherwise if I didn't I would be playing it for the rest of the day :D gonna spend my entire shift 4PM-11PM, literally thinking about my team strategy and stuff so when I gt home I can get to work on it!

what versions did you guys get and how far along the game are you?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I got Red, Blue, and Yellow on each of my two systems (3DS and 3DS XL). I'm going to do a challenge on Red on my XL for now, and I'm thinking of using Blue on the regular 3DS as my storage game for teams if I want to restart. I may just play through the XL Yellow normally. Haven't figured out what I'll do with the others yet.

So far, all I've done is add money to my eShop account and download the games. I haven't even opened them yet. If I get through what I need to get done (and stop procrastinating on this website), maybe I can start playing them later.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    holy shit, you spent almost 60 quid? its only Gen I haha, I never expected anybody to go that far with the games lol, thats dedication :P I only brought blue, but I put 20 quid on my account so if I feel like getting yellow another time I still have enough money leftover to get it

Years
  • I got all three of them and I'm Nuzlocking blue while red and yellow are for normal playhtoughs. It has taken me aback at just how much freedom the player has and how there is very little telling you where you actually are

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Got Yellow. will get Red and Blue later. I decided to get Yellow for the features, but I originally was thinking of getting blue cause that was my first game. But Yellow is my favorite from Gen 1 as a kid. But, I want to get Red and Blue as well.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Got Yellow. will get Red and Blue later. I decided to get Yellow for the features, but I originally was thinking of getting blue cause that was my first game. But Yellow is my favorite from Gen 1 as a kid. But, I want to get Red and Blue as well.

Sounds like a great choice there :D I love all 3

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • I got Blue. I am in Rock Tunnel finally after I backtracked through diglett cave to go catch a pikachu (both pikachu and weedle refused to show up for about an hour, I am sick of caterpie and metapod now).

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I got Red, Blue, and Yellow on each of my two systems (3DS and 3DS XL).
    Ditto ^^ (no pun intended) I thought I was the only one who did that!

My New 3DS XL has all three versions in English, those are the games I'll just... play normally. My 3DS with a capture card has them in French, those will be the ones I'll be using for challenges if I'm up to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Ditto ^^ (no pun intended) I thought I was the only one who did that!

My New 3DS XL has all three versions in English, those are the games I'll just... play normally. My 3DS with a capture card has them in French, those will be the ones I'll be using for challenges if I'm up to it.

Nice! Initially, I realized I needed to get at least one game on my second 3DS in order to trade with myself. I wasn't sure which one to get for that system, though, and I realized that I wanted some spare games to do challenges on. So, since the games were so cheap, I might as well get a full set on each system. Plus, I figure I'm encouraging releases of more such games by buying so many copies (I'm still hoping for GSC, and if those come out, I'll get two sets as well).

All of my versions are English editions. I've been wondering about picking up a Spanish copy of one of the games to work on my Spanish (maybe Yellow), but I've read a few comments that the Spanish translations of the games aren't that great/aren't really how native speakers would phrase things. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Back