• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in the next ten years :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
    I can't really imagine pokemon after ten years.. Maybe because I'll work with gamefreak in the next 5 years or so :P

Well, anyways, I think the Pokemon Company will make a compilation of all its games over the years and compress them into one amazing game.. that's what I think they'll do (but most likely will not happen)

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
    I imagine that Pokémon will go up to around Generation VII with games including a Red and Blue remake, Ruby and Sapphire remake, Diamond and Pearl remake, a 3D stadium game, other spin-offs, and a game that features every single region. I doubt that the last one will happen though. :cer_frown:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I think in The Course of Ten years there would be R/S/E Remakes, a 3rd B/W version, Spin-offs and several generations...

(and also in 10 years your son will restart your oldest pokemon game and you'll say... "i spent 10 years Finishing that... you're Grounded for life")

NatureKeeper

They'll run out of ideas and make Pokémon based on pop tarts.

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
    Please, for the love of God, no more remakes. -__-
    I hope they develop a different Pokemon game on the Wii U.
    I wouldn't want another XD, but more like the original Gens games...

If Game Freak ever develop a holographic game floor, I'd die. O_O

If animals ever turn into Pokemon, this had just been the best self-fulfilling prophecy ever.

@NatureKeeper: LMFAO

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    They'll run out of ideas and make Pokémon based on pop tarts.

Pokemon in the next ten years :/

Nyan Cat, the Poptart Pokemon.
    It fell from space one day with the sound of a song that only plays when it is running. Rejected by multiple trainers because they can't stand the sound.

Anyway, Pokemon always seems to be on the cutting edge of video game technology, because Nintendo is always looking for that new gimmick. When video games take the leap into .hack// style gaming, Pokemon will be there.

...with sprites. :x

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    (and also in 10 years your son will restart your oldest pokemon game and you'll say... "i spent 10 years Finishing that... you're Grounded for life")
    What if I have a daughter? :laugh:

But then how else would they make money off people's nostalgia?
    Plus, it gives the younger fanbase a chance to play in a region that they're never played before.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    I hope they develop a different Pokemon game on the Wii U.
    I wouldn't want another XD, but more like the original Gens games...

If Game Freak ever develop a holographic game floor, I'd die. O_O

If animals ever turn into Pokemon, this had just been the best self-fulfilling prophecy ever.

@NatureKeeper: LMFAO

wait like sciencetist would change animals to make them more pokemon? GUENIUS XD

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I'm hoping for virtual reality world where you can have (more logical) anime style battles and train your artificially intelligent Pokemon. You could explore all the regions and maybe even become champion. If it were online and you could meet people there I don't think I would ever get off. I think I would just die playing it :0

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I guess a MMO would help.Plus a game where catching every mon would be possible (but not easily) would be very nice

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    It wouldn't take so long to invent the 6th generation. In 2015 maybe. I HOPE IT WILL NEVER EXIST. The 5th gen disappointed me, and I don't wanna get another letdown. :/
    Anyway trying to foresee the next inventions just makes me anxious. xD

Years
    In the next ten years is a long time, by then, Pokemon will have been a 25 year franchise. I'm really hoping there's enough of an interest in Pokemon for it to be around that long and they're really going to have to rack their brains for new ideas, as most animal and humanoid concepts will have been used up in the generations between now and then, assuming we do have generations after the fifth. Graphics wise, the game's graphics will be pretty unfathomable, as I can't predict what technological developments will take place 10 years from now, but I'm sure Pokemon will look great if it's still around, 10 years from now.

Years
    I think that people here have the right ideas, but that things won't take quite so long. Here's my timeline:
    2012 - announcement of "Grey" version despite what Game Freak said; release of it at the end of year in Japan; possible final Pokemon game on the Wii
    2013 - Grey release in North America/Europe as one of the final games on the DS, Pokemon or not; one or two puzzle games on the Wii U
    2014 - Pokemon Ranger 4 for 3DS; announcement of 6th gen
    2015 - worldwide release of 6th gen for 3DS with true 3D graphics; receives poor reviews
    2016 - 20th anniversary events; Game Freak says there will be no third version but releases one anyway
    2017 - Pokemon anime either gets cancelled or undergoes a dramatic core overhaul; game schedule changes
    2018 - erratically released puzzle/miscellaneous games; official Pokemon MMO; demise of 3DS and Wii U

I won't go any farther than that.

Years
    I'm hoping that in the next four years when the third game of the B/W series is released along with the R/S remakes, that in the next generation, we get a new generation on a different console, such as the wii U, with no compatibility to the previous generations, just like when R/S were released for the first time.
    of course, some of each generation will be in the game, but then once the remakes (probably R/B again) are out, we get access to more pokemon from each generation (like on the sevii islands) which can be traded to the main game. basically, a new generation just like R/S where getting the pokemon from previous generations is a lot more tricky.
    also, if pokemon were to come to an end in the next 10 years, I'd like a game where you could access each region. that'd be so fun.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    ^ Yeah that @ the last sentence.

I'd actually prefer if a game was made for DS, where you start in Kanto, work your way to Johto, then to go Hoenn, then Sinnoh, then Unova, and then maybe a new region. Feels more realistic that way, and then instead of creating an entire new game, the creators just update it somehow via WiFi and make a new region and etc, it seems more fun that way, rather than having to restart the entire game at every point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back