• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in the next ten years :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
Years
  • Because I'm boring, I've left school and have too much time on my hands I've nothing better to do I've been thinking about the future games for pokemon (not the spinoffs but the main storyline) and what remakes will be made. Here are my thoughts if thay are valued by anyone:

2012: Break time, Probablly work on a new PMD game or Ranger

2013: Special Edition of Black/White (probably called grey, knowing the inventive nature of gsme freak)

2014: Remakes of R/S (hopefully) Named something like Burning Ruby and Soothing Sapphire

2015: Finalising the game design for the Gen 6 games

2016: Gen 6 released (woot) Ideas for names anyone?

2017: another break, bask in their glory again, make new MD and ranger games, swim in the money they've made for the production of various TV series ALONE

2018: Special Edition of the Gen 6 games

2019: Another remake of Fed, Blue and Green for their 20th anniversary

2020: Either a remake of Pearl/Diamond OR they find a way to genetically modify creatures into pokemon to sell for like £10,000 each... one or the other

2021: Gen 7 Design

2022: Gen 7 HURRAH

Anyway I want your thoughts people! You Don't have to go through 10 years like I did just say what you think the

New games will be called
    um....
    Yeah... other stuff I've gone through

TNX

Years
  • Eevee will have had all 17 eeveelutions already.
    Pokemon will have like 234029403909 type combinations due to the introduction of the three-type, and then later, the four-type combos.

Ummm, idk.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • That's interesting, its similar to what I expected, actually. I'd really love to see a new Pokemon XD, that game was amazing and I wish I had my own copy to playthrough again.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The year of 2020 having animals into Pokemon is a freaky and cruel-ish idea in my opinion.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Lol, I doubt Pokemon will make it past a 20 year anniversary.

2012: Mainly a year for planning the B/W continuation, and wondering about the names of the R/S remakes.

2013: Come out with a new set of PMD or do something like PMD: Time/Darkness with the Ranger series.

2014: B/W continuation, R/S remake in development.

2015: A new line of spin offs, probably something to do with being a breeder and opening a shop.

2016: R/S remakes are out, crappy names o.O.

2017: Gen VI is getting developed, almost there. A new spinoff game for Ranger/PMD if they can muster up enough imagination for them.

2018: Gen VI, and talking about possible remakes of DPPt.

2019: Another spin off line, drops the Ranger/PMD updates, and decided to store those lines in the hall of fame.

2020: The DS 4D has came out, or Virtual Reality, and then Pokemon, on its 20th anniversary, falls into a pit of nothingness and disappears from the face of the earth.

Thats how I see it, Since going much farther than Gen VI would be overkill for the Pokemon franchise.. I believe at the beginning of this timeline of mine, they will try to milk B/W for a few years, and come out with possibly a new Colosseum, and maybe a new ranger and/or PMD, and live and bask in the glory of B/W and then come out with the continuation two years or so after B/W's initial release, and then milk off that while trying to think of what to do about R/S.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • I see Gamefreak dying, if nintendo doesn't get a new dev, then Pokemon will most likely die by year 20.
    IF someone else takes over, MAYBE it will outsell Mario one day :D

The year of 2020 having animals into Pokemon is a freaky and cruel-ish idea in my opinion.
    I lmao'd so hard at this when I first saw it XD
    But it'd be cool to have real life pokebattles :D

Last edited:

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • I believe by then, they'll have helmets you put on and it makes you think your in a different place, when your really on earth, or it will be a machine you sit on and put a helmet on. For a pokemon game on this console-like device, it'd be like you warping into a pokemon world, where pokemon and people live alike. You'd also see other trainers who have been warped there to, with automatic wifi (You really don't need wifi, it's like earth in a way) and everything is so real and 3D. This would be absolutely remarkable and amazing itself. If we don't get there, I'm planning on developing this machine myself. You can always go back to earth by shouting a certain command out (when you reach the place, your helmet disappears.).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Lol, I doubt Pokemon will make it past a 20 year anniversary.

2012: Mainly a year for planning the B/W continuation, and wondering about the names of the R/S remakes.

2013: Come out with a new set of PMD or do something like PMD: Time/Darkness with the Ranger series.

2014: B/W continuation, R/S remake in development.

2015: A new line of spin offs, probably something to do with being a breeder and opening a shop.

2016: R/S remakes are out, crappy names o.O.

2017: Gen VI is getting developed, almost there. A new spinoff game for Ranger/PMD if they can muster up enough imagination for them.

2018: Gen VI, and talking about possible remakes of DPPt.

2019: Another spin off line, drops the Ranger/PMD updates, and decided to store those lines in the hall of fame.

2020: The DS 4D has came out, or Virtual Reality, and then Pokemon, on its 20th anniversary, falls into a pit of nothingness and disappears from the face of the earth.

Thats how I see it, Since going much farther than Gen VI would be overkill for the Pokemon franchise.. I believe at the beginning of this timeline of mine, they will try to milk B/W for a few years, and come out with possibly a new Colosseum, and maybe a new ranger and/or PMD, and live and bask in the glory of B/W and then come out with the continuation two years or so after B/W's initial release, and then milk off that while trying to think of what to do about R/S.
    Yeah and I doubt they won't make it past the 20th Anniversary. Gen VI would be over kill for a thriving franchise? I guess they would decide to start hating money then.

2012: World ends so obviously not to much will happen. They will probably do a Ranger or Rescue Team. Probably the 3rd version for Japan.

2013: 3rd version of (probably Gray/Grey). I continuation to Colosseum & XD for the Wii U. Possible Ruby and Sapphire remake for Japan.

2014: Remake of Ruby and Sapphire. Pokemon Pinball. Gen VI in Japan. Rescue Team and Ranger Spinoffs

2015: Gen VI worldwide. Miscellaneous Spinoff.

2016: Rescue Team and Ranger Spinoff, perhaps another new Spinoff. Gen VI third version for Japan.

2017: Gen VI Third version. Colosseum or Stadium game.

2018: Diamond and Pearl Remake for Japan. Another Ranger or Rescue Team game. Puzzle Spin Off

2019: Diamond and Pearl Remake. Gen VII in Japan. Card Game Spinoff for Japan.

2020: Gen VII world wide. Card Game Spinoff

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I don't follow Game Freak or other developers closely, but I don't think Pokemon is going to end that quickly. I mean, in my opinion Pokemon has been very successful and will continue to be successful so long as there's people buying the games.

Of course, that day will come where Pokemon is discontinued, but I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted until close to a 30th.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm assuming that gen VI and gen VII will add more or less the same amount of pokémon that gen II and gen III added:

2010 - Gen V - 649
    2015 - Gen VI - 749/751 (Parallel of gen II)
    2020 - Gen VII - 885/890 (Possible parallel of gen III)

Assuming that the next 2 generations will last around 5 years like you guys have done.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • 2012: Nothing (maybe a spin off)

2013: RS remakes

2014: Gen 5 third Game

2015: Nothing (spin offs)

2016: Nothing (spin offs)

2017:Gen 6

2018: Diamon/Perl Remake

2019: gen 6 third games

2020: Nothing (spin offs)

2021: Nothing (spin offs)

2022: Nothing (spin offs)

As in the end of pokemon....

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    2012 pokemon ranger MD
    2013 pokemon grey (third 5th gen game)
    2014 R/S remakes
    2015 thinking of gen 6
    2016 yellow remake
    2017 gen 6
    2018 ranger and MD
    2019 gen 6 third game
    2020 diamond/pearl remake
    2021 thinking of gen 7

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • 2012 pokemon ranger MD
    2013 pokemon grey (third 5th gen game)
    2014 R/S remakes
    2015 thinking of gen 6
    2016 yellow remake
    2017 gen 6
    2018 ranger and MD
    2019 gen 6 third game
    2020 diamond/pearl remake
    2021 thinking of gen 7

I doubt there will ever be a yellow remake ...

Darkrai::.

Darkrai Rulez
    Years
  • 2012: Some ranger game release.
    2013: R/S remakes announced.
    2014: Pokemon Black/White 3rd version.
    2015: R/S remakes for Japan (probably called Crimson Ruby and Aqua/Marine Sapphire?)
    2016: Pokemon becomes famous world wide, and so, becomes for sale on most countries, also, they begin handing out events on more countries, may more to the east, since americas get events all the time..
    2017: Maybe a release of another nintendo gaming console. Maybe 4D style..
    2018: Gen 6 announced
    2019: Gen 6 release with games
    2020: World wide release, gen 6 games and anime.
    2021: A new era of gaming is born.. (Maybe handheld virtual realities, super awesome!) Pokemon company announces Gen 7 and that they will continue pokemon for longer.

What do u think?

digitairu

Gym Leader
    Years
  • -Stuff I think they will do for the future makings of pokemon-

The Ruby and Sapphire remakes will probably be called Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire. Only reason I think this is because think about what the games were about, it only seems like that would be the best choice.

I seen an interview, they said they always have new ideas for pokemon so my opinion is they will reuse some animals and put them as different types. Make some new regi's and eevee evolution.

Make the Pokemon battles fully movable like a real Pokemon battle.

They fully make Pokemon into an RPG so everything you do matters.

Like said above eventually there will be away to join maybe Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Plasma, ect or become a gym leader or something but that may come later.

Pokemon becomes a wifi MMO, this is something that you can tell is only a matter of time.

Just some ideas I had, that are basically going to come.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Hmmm....since the 4th generation of Pokemon was announced in 2006 (2007 for U.S) and the 5th in 2010 (2011 for U.S) , maybe the 6th will be announced in 2014 (2015 for U.S.)when I graduate from college....cool. Every four years a new generation comes out =/

:t354:TG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back