• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Inverse Alter

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hello pokecommunity I bring you my latest mini-hack. Pokemon: Inverse Alter

This is a base fire red rom hack, where a few major things are changed. (Or reversed ;)
    I'll leave that part a surprise but other than that most things are the same.

Before I get to the changes, I want to give a thanks to those that helped me overcome my lacking knowledge.
    So a big thank-you to Haven, Phoenixbound, and Mkol103. I had to use C for the first time for this hack, (wasn't part of the plan) and its thanks to them I was able to finish this as fast as I did.

This is a fire red based hack, that uses CFRU engine.

Premise
    So like my last hack this is a very simple concept, that I did sort of as a break in between developing things for my main project.
    This hack was inspired by a change I made for that main project; an offshoot developed in the process of fixing a specific pokemon.

Changes

While this hack doesn't change the overall story it does have a few added npcs, with different functions that vary in importance.
    Untitled.png

To balance or account for the things that are changed, several pokemon have slightly altered move-sets, and there have been changes to pokemarts as well.

Untitled2.png

And most important of all, 100%, absolutely no teach tv!!

This hack is done, but if I can figure out how I may update and rebalance some features.
    Anyway that's it, hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: New patch is live, everything works now.

p.s. Roni for all that is good, and your own sanity, do Not nuzlocke this!!

Attachments

• Pokemon Inverse Alter.ups
      8.5 MB · Views: 26
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ummm. Came across your twist there...... Interesting to say the least. Although when it is traded, the text gets garbled, could be because of the odd name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Ummm. Came across your twist there...... Interesting to say the least. Although when it is traded, the text gets garbled, could be because of the odd name.

yeah just found the issue myself, I'll have it fixed by tomorrow.

actually I can fix it in about 10 minutes, I know what happened, just need to reapply some changes, that got lost in version control.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023

Ok patch is going up, it works correctly now, thanks for the catch. Yeah the problem was I had program bug that force me to replace my rom, and reapply all my existing scripts.

Which was no problem because I backed up everything, but I forgot some changes I made to data in the rom, so the trade failed because the data the script was pointing to wasn't there.
    Had to go back real quick and reinsert, easy fix.

Now you can get the real twist. ;)

Last edited:

mrp99k

Lol
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    After you get the cut hm, it disappears from the tm case And you can't teach any pokemon cut and you can't enter the 3rd gym.. You can help me!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    After you get the cut hm, it disappears from the tm case And you can't teach any pokemon cut and you can't enter the 3rd gym.. You can help me!

found the problem, I forgot cfru deals with HMs differently, I think I can get it by tomorrow, I'll need to rewrite the code for the HMs, but I'll see what I can do and get back to you soon as I can.

edit:

Still working on it, messed up my files trying to work on something and took most of the day to get it back to working order.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    HM bug is fixed, and everything is in order, download latest patch to fix. If you saved already, Just talk to the fat guy in pallet town to get a new hm.
    Let me know if there's any issue with that. And make sure to completely close your emulator to reload everything.

Last edited:

mrp99k

Lol
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    HM bug is fixed, and everything is in order, download latest patch to fix. If you saved already, Just talk to the fat guy in pallet town to get a new hm.
    Let me know if there's any issue with that. And make sure to completely close your emulator to reload everything.

Ok, I will check it soon!

Back