• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] Pokemon Journeys!

PB

creation hero
    Years
    Pokemon Journeys!

The Dub Hub
    Hello and welcome all! With the release of Pokemon Journeys on Netflix, this thread should be used to house all dub discussion. Due to the confirmation of episodes being released in a 12 episode format every three months, this thread will be updated and have variations to go with every monthly release!
    Rules & Guidelines
    Just gonna list a few things to keep things fun for everyone! :D
    Please be kind!!
    Be respectful of others and their opinions. But don't bring excess negativity, take that elsewhere!!
    Don't spoil things!
    Please be mindful of those who have not caught up with the series! If you're ahead and would like to discuss a sub episode, please see the Pokemon 2019 thread.

That should be all!
    What Is This?
    For those unfamiliar with the premise of this series!

Young trainer Ash and his new friend Goh become research fellows at Professor Cerise's laboratory, traveling all over the world to learn about Pokémon.

Pokemon Journeys!
    Episodes
    credits to Cherrim for the CSS base!
    Episode List
    1. Enter Pikachu! - Though he's excited to attend Professor Oak's Pokémon camp, Ash oversleeps when the day arrives. Newcomer Goh is just as excited — and on time.
    2. Legend? Go! Friends? Go! - Professor Oak invites Ash to the opening ceremony for Professor Cerise's new lab in Vermillion City. Goh sets out to catch a legendary Pokémon.
    3. Ivysaur's Mysterious Tower - Professor Cerise asks Ash and Goh to investigate the sudden appearance of Ivysaur in Vermillion City, but the two researchers disagree on their methods.
    4. Settling the Scorbunny! - Ash and Goh head to the Galar region on assignment. During their stopover, some Pokémon steal Ash's backpack — with Ash and Goh's train tickets inside!
    5. Mind-Boggling Dynamax - Once they get off the train, Ash and Goh set out on the hunt for Dynamax Pokémon. Meanwhile, a Scorbunny is hot on their trail.
    6. Working My Way Back to Mew - After learning more about the Pokédex functions on their Rotom Phones from Professor Cerise, Ash and Goh head out to catch some local Pokémon.
    7. Serving Up the Flute Cup! - Ash and Goh travel to the Hoenn region, where Ash has entered Goh into the Battle Frontier Flute Cup. Their first opponents are Hodge and his Hariyama.
    8. The Sinnoh Iceberg Race! - After the team finds an exhausted Piplup, they set out for Snowpoint City in the Sinnoh region to reunite it with its trainer. Team Rocket follows.
    9. Finding a Legend! - The internet is full of reports that legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh has been seen in the Johto region. The researchers head to Ecruteak City to check it out.
    10. A Test in Paradise! - After a ship's captain reports being saved by a Dragonite, Goh and Ash set out in search of the Dragonite island that they believe exists ... somewhere.
    11. Best Friend ... Worst Nightmare! - While the laboratory staff deal with a mysterious power outage, Chloe contemplates her future and her relationship with Pokémon.
    12. Flash of the Titans! - Professor Cerise gives Ash and Goh tickets to the World Coronation Series finals in the Galar region, where the strongest trainers battle for glory!
    Pokemon Journeys!

Last edited by a moderator:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Please be kind!!

Kay ^^

While we in poland are still on SM series, i bet it will be awesome as Hanna Kinder-Kiss will reprise her role as Ash (but sadly Grzegorz Pawlak will be replaced by Prof. Oak, as he didn't even repised his role in the "Pokemon, i chose you!" movie), also it would cool to hear how Go will sound like

And while i detest Ash's pikachu, the first episode of him being an Pichu will be so cute to watch <3

(Can this post stay? ^^')

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm in love with it! It's been a long time since I've gotten into the anime series since Pokemon XY. Gou is really cute! <3 I'm almost down with the first part, and I hope there will be more coming soon. ;w;

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Gou is really cute!

I swear to god, Gou is going into Misty route with
    Spoiler:
    who knows if he will catch all 9 Eevees and evolve 8 of them

Spoiler:

Last edited:

remer

The Warrior
    Years
    This season seems to be the first one which has a theme song which does not spell the word 'Pokèmon' even once.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The only thing I care about discussing is why this isn't on a god damn TV channel ������

Very late to this. But honestly, I am glad it is on Netflix, I feel bad for the people who don't have it, but at this point, I think most of the world prefers streaming services.

I will say this, Cartoon Network began to treat Pokemon badly during SInnoh. They would play 2 episodes a night on Thursday and Friday and suddenly they change it after about a year without saying anything. When Unova came around, they kept on and kept on changing the time, which was really before DVR was a popular thing and finally, with Kalos, they just out right stopped advertising it period. Eventually leading to them dropping it all together in Alola.

Disney XD picked it up and they did a far better job than CN did with keeping it a show, "Like hey! We are the home for Pokemon! Come watch it!" Even showing reruns which Cartoon Network very very rarely did. However, Disney XD rarely has more than 3 seasons of any series. Disney has done a great job with anime, even for Naruto Shippuden when they had the rights to it, but again, only kept it for about 3 or 4 seasons, at least that is how the USA Disney XD is. I actually think European countries have had pokemon on Disney XD for a while.

Boomerang did an amazing job with showing old episode of Pokemon, however, many don't have Boomerang and with Pokemon TV came out, and kinda became redundant, plus is mainly used for old series.

That leaves only Nick... which honestly.... is TERRIBLE with new series. They probably would drop pokemon after a season if it doesn't get some of the best views imaginable. Nick is just a terrible TV station now a days and I think it would have hurt Pokemon more than any other station.

So I think Netflix, one of the most used streaming apps, was probably their best bet.

Now that I am done with that, all and all I really like the dub so far. There have been a few minor annoyances, one major one, that kinda made me go, "Really? Are you kidding me?"

I also really like the theme, it reminds me a lot of the Johto and Hoenn styled themes, which had the best themes, especially compared to Unova, Alola and most of Kalos' themes which I really couldn't stand listening to.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Very late to this. But honestly, I am glad it is on Netflix, I feel bad for the people who don't have it, but at this point, I think most of the world prefers streaming services.

TBH i only watch the Kanto-Alola region episodes on CDA becuase it's free, i don't want to pay money to watch at NetFlix so i'll wait till it is added there

Last edited:
    Years
    It reminded me a lot of how I began watching Sun and Moon on Netflix to begin with, just as I was entering the franchise. I felt very nostalgic of those days, despite the fact that I wasn't actually aware of how exciting the anime was until I reminisce now.

The series is great so far, saw the first six episodes subbed when it was originally being aired for the first time, but now I have just crossed over that point into the new episodes in the dub that I haven't yet watched. I am so far on episode eleven.

Back