• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jungle Fury

What Rom Should I Hack?

• Fire Red

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Ruby

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I likes Pie

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    dude i wanna help make a hack cuz i wanna play one on my flashcart so i dont gots to use a computer. i got the perfect title and starters, but the thing is i dont know this for sure i cant decide between Ruby or Fire Red:

(RUBY)
    Pokemon Jungle Fury

see they are all animals!

or

(FIRE RED)
    Pokemon Jungle Fury

heres a "rough draft" pic of what i think the begining town should be(RUBY):

Pokemon Jungle Fury

heres a 2nd Rough draft pic of what i think the begining town should be (FireRed):

Pokemon Jungle Fury

any suggestions or anything plz. also the starters and maps are NOT final
    also i would like to edit the intro and have someone do it for me because i dont know how. also which program allows you to change the starters in Fire Red?

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Use the software called Advance Starter found in the toolbox and select the starters from the pulldown boxes.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    ok thx man i just got the program but now i need to decide what rom to hack, ruby or fire red?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Erm I voted pie lol. But personally I'd think it'd be best if you used Ruby since there are more tools for it than other roms. Just to let you know, you have a few tile errors on the first map (Tile on top of cave entrance, Grass tiles)

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Erm I voted pie lol. But personally I'd think it'd be best if you used Ruby since there are more tools for it than other roms. Just to let you know, you have a few tile errors on the first map (Tile on top of cave entrance, Grass tiles)

i fixed it thx for letting me know but i decide on doing it in fire red (looks sharper) so the next part is the story and picking starters

the pikachu, sandshrew spearow is not a good idea so i would like to ask:

wat should the starters be?

i would also like to ask where and how can i edit the attacks of pokemon and wat lv they evolve, if u know of a program plz let me know.

BTW Starter Packs Should They Be:

1.Fire/Water/Grass
    2.Psychic/Fighting/Dark
    3.Fighting/Flying/Rock
    4.Ice/Dragon/Steel
    5.Poison/Psychic/Dark

Last edited:

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I have quite a few criticisms.
    First off is presentation of the thread- Its messy, random in short, chaos. Also sort out your spelling. It really does help to get your Is before your Es etc.
    Second is the choice of starters for the Fire Red Version of your game. First the sandshrew would kick proverbial backend as it has the capacity to learn rock moves, but also there is a difference in evolution- Pikachu needs a thunderstone whereas the other two evolve by levelling up. This could mean that Pikachu could evolve ridiculously early or late in the game.
    Third is your mapping- very lax in my opinion. In both maps you have grass- There has never, NEVER been grass in a town to my knowledge. Your maps are also very square, which makes them boring to look at. Then there is the problem that the houses are caves. Is this game set in the Stone age? If not, I suggest you get some houses. Also, random plushies are not usually seen across towns (just a note). All your features are boxy too: The caves are so so boring. Liven it up! I would comment on tile errors, but there are so many other problems- Like the random cliff faces suspended in air that I feel it is slightly overshadowed.
    Change the poll. It makes you look stupid, not funny.
    And if you want to find tools, use the toolbox or google. Man created google in his own image to search for stuff.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    um, not Poison/Psychic/Dark. dark isn't super effective against poison. also Electric/Ground/Water is a good combo (props to *Neos*). also in the Grass/Fire/Water you can replace the Water w/ a Ground or Rock type. also, Dragon doesn't have an advantage over steel so the Dragon/Ice/Steel wouldn't work.

also since u r doing FireRed, u should use 3-stage evolutions just cause that's what's been used in every game (except yellow...). only problem is there aren't too many 3 stage evolutions where 1st evo is around 16 and 2nd is around 36. but there are plenty where the evo is in either the high 20s or 30s. as long as the starter evolution types are similar, its ok

i have a couple of ideas if u like
    1. Treecko/Charmander/Tododile (mix & match starters yay!!!)
    2. Paras/Houndour/Phanpy (random but it works)
    3. Heracross/Girafarig/Absol
    the problem w/ ur starters b4 was that they evolve at very different levels. with these, they are all single form pokés!
    4. Machop/Pidgey/Geodude
    eh, not likely. if u kno how to edit the evolution levels so Machop and Geodude evolve @ lv 18 and then again @ lv 36, then it'll work better.
    5. Electrike/Diglett/Krabby (Electrike and Diglett evolve at 26 and krabby evolves at 28)

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I have quite a few criticisms.
    First off is presentation of the thread- Its messy, random in short, chaos. Also sort out your spelling. It really does help to get your Is before your Es etc.
    Second is the choice of starters for the Fire Red Version of your game. First the sandshrew would kick proverbial backend as it has the capacity to learn rock moves, but also there is a difference in evolution- Pikachu needs a thunderstone whereas the other two evolve by levelling up. This could mean that Pikachu could evolve ridiculously early or late in the game.
    Third is your mapping- very lax in my opinion. In both maps you have grass- There has never, NEVER been grass in a town to my knowledge. Your maps are also very square, which makes them boring to look at. Then there is the problem that the houses are caves. Is this game set in the Stone age? If not, I suggest you get some houses. Also, random plushies are not usually seen across towns (just a note). All your features are boxy too: The caves are so so boring. Liven it up! I would comment on tile errors, but there are so many other problems- Like the random cliff faces suspended in air that I feel it is slightly overshadowed.
    Change the poll. It makes you look stupid, not funny.
    And if you want to find tools, use the toolbox or google. Man created google in his own image to search for stuff.

hmmmmmm i thank u for pointing out the wrongs and trying to provide an opinion but dont be such a "backend" about it. all maps and starters are rough drafts for now.

um, not Poison/Psychic/Dark. dark isn't super effective against poison. also Electric/Ground/Water is a good combo (props to *Neos*). also in the Grass/Fire/Water you can replace the Water w/ a Ground or Rock type. also, Dragon doesn't have an advantage over steel so the Dragon/Ice/Steel wouldn't work.

also since u r doing FireRed, u should use 3-stage evolutions just cause that's what's been used in every game (except yellow...). only problem is there aren't too many 3 stage evolutions where 1st evo is around 16 and 2nd is around 36. but there are plenty where the evo is in either the high 20s or 30s. as long as the starter evolution types are similar, its ok

i have a couple of ideas if u like
    1. Treecko/Charmander/Tododile (mix & match starters yay!!!)
    2. Paras/Houndour/Phanpy (random but it works)
    3. Heracross/Girafarig/Absol
    the problem w/ ur starters b4 was that they evolve at very different levels. with these, they are all single form pokés!
    4. Machop/Pidgey/Geodude
    eh, not likely. if u kno how to edit the evolution levels so Machop and Geodude evolve @ lv 18 and then again @ lv 36, then it'll work better.
    5. Electrike/Diglett/Krabby (Electrike and Diglett evolve at 26 and krabby evolves at 28)

i like ur ideas all of them awesome so i decided on number 4. i now have to do several things fix: Text, Maps and Attacks of pokemon. btw i cant remember the name of this program that worked on firered that allowed u to change attacks of pokemon (patted doesnt work)

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I apologize for being a bit of a ****. Best of luck with the project. (And thanks for taking it like a man)

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I apologize for being a bit of a ****. Best of luck with the project. (And thanks for taking it like a man)

no prob lol im used to it. so u seem to know a little bout hacking, how would u like to help me out a little

Years
    If I was you I should hack Fire Red it is more reliable than ruby(*my opinion) and the tiles are prettier..XD But maybe you don't have so much tools for it as ruby but it is enough to make it a damn good hack..;) And if you want to change the titlescreen from Fire Red you should try the tut from D-Trogh in the Documents/Tutorials section..:)
    Good luck on your hack and if you have a questiona bout something you can PM me..;)
    (*not that I know so much..XD but I think its enough to help you..)

Greetz,

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    awesome thx for supportin the cause ima make a banner soon so i can spread da word. so if any wants to help plz i need:
    scripters and spriters

i can change the text easily so the story will be all me

mapping i will start to work alot harder on but i still need someone to help edit the intro. i still dont understand the tutorial to well and i bricked/blanked out one rom of fire red. (thank god i had a couple of bakups)

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Ok then... I do have my own one going at the moment but meh... I have some time. The first thing I will do is I'll tidy up the thread, k?
    Also can I start a fresh ROM and redo the starter town?

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Ok then... I do have my own one going at the moment but meh... I have some time. The first thing I will do is I'll tidy up the thread, k?
    Also can I start a fresh ROM and redo the starter town?

sure is it possible to attach wat i gots already?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    there are a couple tile errors on your maps.
    Also, for starters, don't use those!

Some possible suggestions:
    Try to use one of these combinations as types:

fire, water, grass
    dark, psychic, fighting
    bug, fighting, rock (or ground)

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Well, I've been making this for a starter town for the last 20 minutes. Sorry that there isnt a lab or variety in the houses, but that can be changed with ease if you go along with it.
    Pokemon Jungle Fury

So yeah, say what you think.
    I also have quite a bit of stuff to look at in my topic, which is the Pokemon Amber below.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    if u want i can start a rough of the world map. i just need 2 kno how many cities, other important places, bodies of water, etc. there are. there probably won't be anything more than a couple of rivers if the thing is just gonna take place in a jungle which is what the title kinda implies. unless it's gonna be like normal-ish or w/e...

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Well, I've been making this for a starter town for the last 20 minutes. Sorry that there isnt a lab or variety in the houses, but that can be changed with ease if you go along with it.
    Pokemon Jungle Fury

So yeah, say what you think.
    I also have quite a bit of stuff to look at in my topic, which is the Pokemon Amber below.

this is done for fire red right? anyway its awesome as a starter town. i will see wat i can do with it cuz its actually good.

if u want i can start a rough of the world map. i just need 2 kno how many cities, other important places, bodies of water, etc. there are. there probably won't be anything more than a couple of rivers if the thing is just gonna take place in a jungle which is what the title kinda implies. unless it's gonna be like normal-ish or w/e...

um ya its gonna have the same amount of things in fire red, jus different names and looks(ex: in the middle of a secret river there will be a slowbro that says stuff then gives u a kings rock)

Cerebrawl

g/s/c ROM Hacker
    Years
    Trust me after hacking a game you don't want to play it any more. So much testing and time spent on it, just play someone else's hack. And by the sounds of it your just editing the towns, so it wont be a completely different game, you might want to add some more changes, aka use blank spaces in the ROM to make entirely new maps etc, rather then just changing the looks. Sorry if this comes across a bit mean, but you need some constructive critism.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Trust me after hacking a game you don't want to play it any more. So much testing and time spent on it, just play someone else's hack. And by the sounds of it your just editing the towns, so it wont be a completely different game, you might want to add some more changes, aka use blank spaces in the ROM to make entirely new maps etc, rather then just changing the looks. Sorry if this comes across a bit mean, but you need some constructive critism.

i feel u man after all this is my first attempt. i usually just di revamps and dumb stuff like that. but i see where u are comin from i should try and be more original. btw i like ur attitude u want in?

Back