• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League: Almia - PG-13 OOC and Sign-ups

Years
  • Yeah....that place is just as addictve as the original wikipedia. :P

BTW, I'm going to reserve Chicole village for my gym, since it's peacefulness matches my character. :D

Edit: Also, Gym Leaders and EF members, keep in mind that you don't always have to be at your gym. there will be arcs in the story that will require some leaders to leave their gyms to help with certain problems.

Years
  • It would be Vientown. You need to pass through School Road to get there

Also, I'm moving my character profiles to the OOC topic.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    guys something unexpected happened and I will be offline for a week.See you

IceFireLighnting

grey+fish: Both of my characters are underage(by choice). If there's no alchohol, Leon'll be there.:classic:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Wait, the towns are based on Pokemon Ranger??? What?? ...Yeah, I may have played Pokemon Ranger, but I really wasn't paying attention to the game in particular. XD

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    So I should go on bulbapedia and get a map of this region if I want to know where to go next? Alright. Also, trainer profile thingie since everyone else is doing it

Name: Kyle Henderson
    Trainer class: trainer
    Blood type: B
    Ethnicity: English
    Favorite color: Brown
    Birthplace/Home Town: Olivine city

Physical appearance: Kyle stands at an average 6 feet flat and weighs 160 pounds. He has green eyes, light skin, and short brown hair that stands upright.

Clothing: Kyle wears a brown leather jacket with a green undershirt and blue jeans.

History: Born an orphan on the mean streets of Olivine City, Kyle learned early on in his life how to survive. Because he was younger than most of the other strays on the street, Kyle learned how to go unnoticed, escape quickly, and trust no one. He finally escaped Olivine when he was 14 and made his way north. He collapsed from hunger and was found by the owner of a nearby farm. Kyle returned to health and began living on the farm, serving as a farm hand. In two years working on the farm he caught his first two pokemon, a Tauros and a Farfetch'd, and became intrigued by the opportunity to become a trainer and escape Olivine forever. Kyle received a totodile from professor Elm and began the Indigo league challenge, eventually bowing out in the third round. Kyle heard about the new league in Almia while resting at his farm and decided to give it a shot.

Personality: Spending two years on the farm and one year on the road has done much to alleviate Kyle's tendency to mistrust, though he is still very shy. His only trusted companions are his pokemon, friends that Kyle treats with the utmost respect. He also has the amazing ability to sneak up on just about anyone, a skill developed on the streets of Olivine eluding bullies.

Goals:
    Become a great trainer
    See the world

Starter: Totodile

Pokemon Team:

1.Farfetch'd
    Male
    History: One of Kyle's first pokemon, Farfetch'd tends to be the energetic member of the team, always leading Kyle into dangerous situations.

2. Tauros
    Male
    History: Kyle's other first pokemon, Tauros is the team's main fighter and also a was for Kyle to cross land quickly.

3.Feraligatr
    Female
    History: The pokemon Kyle received from professor Elm, Feraligatr is a pokemon that loves to fight. She is Kyle's main weapon against the toughest enemies but she stays away from the rest of the team.

4. Electrode
    History: Electrode loves nothing more than it loves exploding. The round electric ball is always ready to charge straight ahead and explode.

5.Torkoal
    Male
    History: Received in exchange for a Skarmory in Cianwood City, Torkoal is the sloth of the group. It usually takes a real effort on Kyle's part to get him to participate.

6.Hitmonlee
    Male
    History: Formerly a Tyrogue received from a mysterious blackbelt inside of Mt. Mortar, Hitmonlee is a master of the art of kicking.

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
  • Trainer Form:

Name: Rayna-Tay
    Trainer Class: Trainer
    Blood Type: AB
    Ethnicity: British
    Favourite Colour: Green
    Birthplace & Hometown: Floaroma Town
    Current Location: Almia

Physical Appearance:
    Rayna is around 5" and has a light shade of green eyes – they look almost emerald from afar. Her brunette hair is tied into two messy ponytails with a stylish flick at the front for a fringe. Rayna's skin is slightly tanned from growing up in Floaroma; it's slowly getting Paler on her travels. She is slim and if not for her metabolism, she'd be huge from the amount she eats.

Apparel & Accessories:
    Rayna wears a red tube top that's cut far too high for her mother to approve with a pair of light blue jeans that are rolled up at the ends. Rayna's trainers are a mixture of red and black, matching the red bands in her hair. She has a bracelet on her right wrist with various symbols of different Pokemon. Rayna also has a green Poketch on her left wrist with all of the latest applications, a yellow back pack and a pair of black glasses which are always sticking out of her right pocket.

Personality:
    Rayna-Tay's main passion in life is Pokemon, everything about them amazes her but that doesn't stop her training every chance she gets to become the very best she can be. Rayna will often drop her Pokeball's which has become a bad habit of hers although during battles she appears to be a completely different person, her mood changes every so often between a very mature trainer and a child that enjoys jumping up and down clapping at anything remotely interesting. Although she has an upper class background she doesn't portray anything remotely 'posh' such as her hand movements, accent and the way she deals with certain situations. Rayna often stays quiet in a small group or with someone until she is comfortable enough to start talking, in the past this feeling often disappears after she's tripped over or dropped her Pokeballs - only Rayna could trip over a completely flat surface. Rayna isn't exactly scared of anything but that isn't to say she's very courageous, she is more scared of her Pokemon being fatally hurt or catching a cold and having to talk like a Dusknoir for a week or so.

History:
    Growing up in an upper class household as the modern definition of a 'rebel' wasn't easy for Rayna, she didn't want to braid hair, learn which fork to use for a specific type of food that could easily have been eaten using one's own hands or dress up Pokemon in dreadful designs her mother insisted were 'All the range'. At the age of 13 Rayna met a boy whilst shopping for flowers with her mother, he had his very own Lotad which amazed her -her mother didn't allow Pokemon in the house unless they were trying on her designs- after three weeks of meeting in secret to listen to his stories of the Pokemon in the forests surrounding Floaroma Town she decided to visit them for herself despite her mother's strict rules.

During her trip to the forest Rayna was greeted by a large group of Beedrill which she was instinctively terrified of but discovered that they were just greeting her, Rayna also befriended a small Swinub during her time in the forest and they both became very good friends. Of course her secret visits weren't secret for very long and she was forced to endure her own personal hell which included being stuck at home for the next year.

On her 16th birthday she went to apologise to the boy that she'd met in town on that fate changing day, his Lotad was now a Ludicolo but he definately wasn't the same. After an ecstatic and very over the top greeting from her she realised that he was ignoring her which she understood. Rayna left him alone for a while but once she returned a few weeks later he was nowhere to be found. A passer-by told her that the boy had left on his Pokemon journey which instantly reminded her of the Swinub.

Rayna eagerly searched the forest for Swinub –when she was allowed out that was-, her mother also believed that a lady of 15 was allowed at least 2 hours to herself a day.

After finding a Piloswine being put into a cage by a group of Pokemon hunters she quickly thought of a way to help it. Rayna waited until all of the men were in the truck before climbing into the back herself, she ordered the Piloswine to use a Take Down attack which broke the metal cage with ease. After hearing the cage breaking the men stopped the truck but Piloswine used Ice Shard to freeze them before they could do any harm to Rayna.

Rayna knew then that the Swinub from her childhood had evolved into the Piloswine she had just helped. After her mother had found out that Rayna put herself in danger to save a Pokemon she asked Rayna to leave. Rayna left without regretting a single thing, she was finally free to do what she wanted to do - Battle.

Two days later Rayna's mother received news of a girl matching her description battling trainer's in the square, she knew it was Rayna. Piloswine was a strong Pokemon and it won 16 battles for Rayna before eventually losing to a Monferno. With that, Rayna decided to leave on her own journey to start a completely new life.

Rayna saw her mother watching in awe and didn't hesitate to run straight into her arms, after several apologies and kisses on the forehead her mother told her that she greatly underestimated her daughters potential and that she supported her one hundred per cent. Rayna kept her 'Rebel' persona which her mother is still getting used too.

Rayna travelled through the Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh regions catching as many Pokemon as she could, she of course took her Piloswine which had evolved soon after starting her journey into Mamoswine. Rayna also received a starter from Sinnoh, a Chimchar.

Rayna also entered both of the regions League's.
    In the Kanto League she reached the top 25 before losing to an experienced trainer but reached a surprising 7th in the Sinnoh League.

Rayna made a lot of new friends on her travels but made up her own story to tell trainers, she told them she was just a normal teenager from a normal family instead of where she truly came from.

After several discussions with her mother, Rayna decided to leave for Almia.

Goals:
    To get further in the Almia League than she did in the Kanto and Sinnoh
    Master her Chimchar's Blaze Ability
    To see a legendary Pokemon
    Find the boy she was friends with at the age of 13 and thank him for telling her about the world of Pokemon
    Leave on her journey to Almia

Starter: Chimchar

POKEMON TEAM

Species: Chimchar
    Nature: Affectionate, Bashful
    History: Rayna's Sinnoh starter; the little orange Pokemon jumped into her arms excitedly as soon as she walked through the door. Rayna was intent on choosing a Turtwig but she quickly grew attached to the Chimchar after playing with it a little. Chimchar began its journey with Rayna in an ecstatic mood until it was time to get into the Pokeball, while Chimchar doesn't mind being in the Pokeball it only sees being returned as an invite to play 'You can't catch me' so therefore it stays at Rayna's side.

Species: Mamoswine
    Nature: Affectionate, Determined
    History: The Swinub she met as a child, it evolved into a Piloswine and then into a Mamoswine after it started travelling with Rayna. The two of them defeated some tough opponents together and their friendship grew. Rayna saved Piloswine when it was being captured by some hunters and then used it in her first Pokemon battle, they did surprisingly well which led to the acceptance of battling on her mother's part.

Species: Rhyperior
    Nature: Over-protective
    History: Rayna found Rhyperior on the outskirts of Orebourgh Town with its horn stuck wedged into some stone, it couldn't release itself since it was drilling for water and if it moved the water would definitely soak Rhyperior. Rhyperior has an extreme fear of water. Rayna used Mamoswine's Ice Shard on the area surrounding Rhyperior's horn which froze the water allowing it to release itself. With thanks Rhyperior helped Rayna gain the Coal badge but realised that Rayna needed a strong Pokemon like itself to protect her; so Rhyperior joined Rayna on her journey.

Species: Honchkrow
    Nature: Serious, Determined
    History: Rayna found Honchkrow when it was just Murkrow, it was trapped in an Ariados' web and about to be attacked. Rayna had her Chimchar at the time and they defeated the Ariados which led to her catching it. She gave the Ariados to her next door neighbour, a small boy that was obsessed with Bug types. Murkrow eventually evolved into a Honchkrow whilst Rayna was travelling.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Wait, I had an idea for a move but I was wondering if it was actually legal for something like that to do, so I came here to ask first.

I had this idea about Psychic and how it was usually used to reflect pokemon moves or used physically to stop a pokemon from moving or smashing the foe pokemon to something. I had this idea with both Shadow Ball and Psychic and since pokemon with Psychic like to reflect moves, why don't they just change the shape or the power or the speed with Psychic? Technically, you could possibly use it to change the shape of a Shadow Ball and make it into, I dunno, a thousand of small needles? Than, while keeping the shape into needles, use psychic to boost the speed (hence, boost the power) and having it attack a pokemon? See, this is practically what Miharu's Gallade would be doing against Dustin's Gardevoir and I was wondering if it was legal.

Gallade used another Shadow Ball, but instead of just letting fly straight at his counterpart, he hit it with a Night Slash to allow the Shadow Ball to explode and used his Psychic to concentrate it high around thirty feet up in the air. Gallade made the exploded Shadow Ball to a thousand small needles and Gallade rushed forward with a Shadow Ball in his arms while letting the Shadow Needles (1) fly forward in front of Gallade. Gallade than teleported, leaving the Shadow Ball flying towards Gardevoir behind the Shadow Needles, and used as he appeared with copies from his Double Team, all using Shadow Ball and letting them all fly towards the area around Gardevoir.

And then the one would be the information I had above Gallade's attack, or something like that. Just wondering if the attack was legal as the whole attack is called "Shadow Barrage".

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    As far as I can tell, anything you want to do to combine moves is fine. You should have some kind of training to get the pokemon to know the combo. If you ever see the TV show (Don't blame you if you haven't) then you will notice that the moves in the contests have been changed so that they look different like swallowing an ice shards move and similar.

I don't really have a proper say in this but I can't see a reason why anyone would object.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Name: Gardena

Trainer Class: Trainer

Blood Type: A +

Ethnicity: Irish

Favorite Color: Green

Birthplace & Hometown/Region: Petalburg City, Hoenn

Physical Appearance: Blue Eyes, white skin, a small tan, Blonde hair, Hair not dyed, long hair without any rubber bands, Bobby pins, etc, A little over 5 feet tall, 92 pounds, strong but not a muscleman, she has quite a few scratches on her legs from walking through bristles and can get rather dirty.

Apparel & Accessories: She wears ragged beige shorts and a simple tan t-shirt. Her shoes are muddy sandals, and she doesn't have jewelry, hat, or make-up, but she prefers it that way.

Personality: Gardena is laid back and loves being outside. She doesn't at all mind getting dirty, and the only thing she's scared of is Ursaring, who really creep her out.

History: Gardena was an orphan young, and since she hated being cooed over about being a "Poor little thing", she took off to the forest, taking some Pokeballs with her, and became a trainer illegallyat age five. She was lower class, but she cared for herself and she always had her pokemon with her. Come the age of ten, she set off on a journey through Hoenn. However, she wasn't one of the lucky people that got to face the Elite Four. She decided to go to Almia and try the new Pokemon League there.

Goals: She wants to beat the pokemon league and get her pokemon a better life

Starter: Treeko

Her Pokemon:
    Species
    Grovyle

Nickname (Optional)
    No nickname

Nature (Optional)
    Timid; Grovyle was never very confident.

History (Optional)
    Gardena caught him in the woods at age five upon running away from the city into the woods. He soon after evolved into Grovyle.

Species
    Nuzleaf

Nickname (Optional)
    No Nickname

Nature (Optional)
    Naive- Childish and Playful

History (Optional)
    Gardena became friends with this Nuzleaf and caught it after chasing off Team Magma after they aquired a Relicanth.

Species
    Gyrados

Nickname (Optional)
    None

Nature (Optional)
    Rash- Gets annoyed easily

History (Optional)
    This used to be Gardena's Magicarp, but it evolved very recently.​

Years
  • Alright guys, sorry for the lackluster activity, but I got swamped with work*and training idiots who are suppose to help me <.<* a birthday party for my great grandmother*who is crazy, btw* and volunteer work*I'll be leaving for that in about a minute.*

So, in short, I don't have long on the computer at this moment, but I should be able to answer everyone's questions that were sent via PM and in the OOC topic as well as post*and get jcogg out of limbo. :P*

Again guys, I'm sorry. :(

Years
  • I'm back, whooo...volunteering sucks :P

First things first, Bella and Gardenia are approved. :)

To those of you asking about the RP being based on the Pokemon Rangers game, yes it is, so most of us are probably gonna be unfamilar with the areas. I suggest reading up on each area you plan on visiting before making a post.

Roxas; Godzil PMed me a day before you did on reserving Boyletown, and Shiver town is the only one left, but I'm sending you a message after I post this reply.

Michaela; While new moves etc are interesting and make the RP diverse, it'd be too much to handle, and people would abuse it to make thier attacks unbeatable. Also in the example you gave, I'm pretty sure phychic attacks don't effect Ghost moves too well, them being spectrel energies and all.

Also, since you two are the first ones in a trainer battle, please keep in mind the battling rules, including the TM/HM rules found within. I'd like to go a week without having any confusions about the rules, so if you have any, ask them or forever be confuzzled. :P

Jcogg; a post will be coming your way, but please read the PM I'm gonna be sending you. Also, random encounters are going to be RPed by the players. When I get more spare time to make up Pokemon for each area, they'll be a larger selection, but for right now School Road will have Doduo, Tailow, Starly, Buneary, and Croagunk. Take your pick on which you'd like to have an encounter with and have fun. Please please please make it believable, since I don't want to have to micromanage every aspect of every wild pokemon in the game. If you really want to, I can RP wild pokemon on request, but it won't be a rule.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I'm back, whooo...volunteering sucks :P

First things first, Bella and Gardenia are approved. :)

To those of you asking about the RP being based on the Pokemon Rangers game, yes it is, so most of us are probably gonna be unfamilar with the areas. I suggest reading up on each area you plan on visiting before making a post.

Roxas; Godzil PMed me a day before you did on reserving Boyletown, and Shiver town is the only one left, but I'm sending you a message after I post this reply.

Michaela; While new moves etc are interesting and make the RP diverse, it'd be too much to handle, and people would abuse it to make thier attacks unbeatable. Also in the example you gave, I'm pretty sure phychic attacks don't effect Ghost moves too well, them being spectrel energies and all.

Also, since you two are the first ones in a trainer battle, please keep in mind the battling rules, including the TM/HM rules found within. I'd like to go a week without having any confusions about the rules, so if you have any, ask them or forever be confuzzled. :P

Jcogg; a post will be coming your way, but please read the PM I'm gonna be sending you. Also, random encounters are going to be RPed by the players. When I get more spare time to make up Pokemon for each area, they'll be a larger selection, but for right now School Road will have Doduo, Tailow, Starly, Buneary, and Croagunk. Take your pick on which you'd like to have an encounter with and have fun. Please please please make it believable, since I don't want to have to micromanage every aspect of every wild pokemon in the game. If you really want to, I can RP wild pokemon on request, but it won't be a rule.
    Concerning what Michaela asked:
    So my Psychic attack wouldn't have worked? I'm just asking this considering in the actual anime, Ash had attacked Zoeys Glameow with Focus Punch from his Aipom, and she countered with Shadow Claw, and yet even though it was a Ghost type move, the attack still connected and countered without either receiving damage. I was just thinking that this would be the case here as well.

Back