• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League: Almmia - PG-13

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    (OOC: i know, i'm just waiting for inspiration)
    Cyndi glumly left the city. She went to the pokemon center, and whilst her pokemon were resting, she used te PC to look up which town in Almia had the highest crime rate
    ___

As Aaron walked through the route, a Croagunk leaped out and rushed him. He quickly pulled out one of his pokeballs and released his blaziken . The Croagunk luanched forward with a Poison Jab but blaziken swiftly dodged and struck him with a Blaze Kick to the head. Whilst the Croagunk was recovering from the attack, Blaziken followed up with numerous Fire Punches

Last edited:

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin grinned.
    "Gardevoir, it looks as if they like to use our favorite move as well. Calm Mind is such a helpful move, isn't it?" he asked his opponent. "There's another useful move we, being my Gardevoir and I, love to use. Gardevoir, use Imprison!" he shouted to his Pokemon. Gardevoir's eyes glew bright blue and created five circles using its powers, and placed one on every limb of Gallade. Legs, arms, and forehead, sealing any common moves the two may share, including Calm Mind.

"That was very smart of you" he congratulated his opponent, "But you must remember, I specialize is disabling an easy battle for my foes with Poison, Confusion, Burn, freeze, paralysis, and even sealing their moves, not just attacking. Such as this, Gardevoir, time for Toxic attack!"
    The Psychic Pokemon's eyes glew blue once more as a thick smog dispersed from its mouth, heading for its opponent Gallade.

IceFireLighnting

"Corey! NO!" Chrome screamed these words as the Mammoth Pokemon used its Giga Impact. "No...It's been a long time since one of my Pokemon's been beaten. Well, alright, Silver, c'mon out!" The Skarmory cried for revenge. "Alright, use Night Slash!" Silver went in for the hit...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu shrugged.

"I like using status moves as well," replied Miharu. "Though I love to attack more."

Gallade automatically dodged the incoming toxic attack, jumping up in the air and flipping over it. The toxic attack landed harmlessly at the ground.

Light Screen and Reflect.

Yes, Master.

Gallade glowed a dark purple light, the result at using both Light Screen and Reflect. The dark purple light created a protective bubble around Gallade. After a moment the dark purple light ceased, and Gallade warily looked at his opponent.

Miharu's eyes narrowed as she tried to remember what Gardevoirs usually know.

Psychic, Shadow Ball, Confusion, Magical Leaf, sometimes Thunderbolt or another electrive move, Calm Mind, sometimes Double Team, what else...Perhaps Future Sight, Hypnosis, and Dream Eater as well. So that's out, and I know that Gardevoir knows Toxic as well, maybe Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp since I have seen Gardevoirs with both and he likes to use status moves....Now, how to go about with the imprisonment that my Gallade seems to be stuck in? Purely physical moves from now on I guess, let's just see what Dustin's next move is.

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
    n_n

Rayna stuttered and quickly returned Mamoswine, -Coward- she thought and sighed, "Chimchar" Rayna suddenly said turning to the still half asleep Chimchar.

"Chim Chimchar" Rayna helped its to its feet, "C-can you battle?" Rayna looked at her Chimchar and sighed as it struggled to jump up and down.

"No, I can't let you battle silly little monkey" Rayna giggled and patted the top of Chimchar's head. "Okay, Honchkrow, your up"

Honchkrow cawed, "Aerial Ace!"

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin stretched his body. He loved battling, but standing up for too long made his back ache.
    "Alright Gardevoir, let's show them what we really got. Give them a taste of your Speed!"
    The moment he finished his statement, Gardevoir disappeared in a flash, and began running blinding circles around Gallade. "That Light Screen pretty much disables our Psychic, so try something a little more fun Gardevoir! Thunderpunch!" Gardevoir dove towards Gallade at bullet speed, pounding the Reflect Screen with a hard Thunderpunch, and continued to repeatedly bash it with both fist encased with blinding electricity.

"Your Gallade isn't the only one who specializes in close combat. In fact, my Gardevoir's physical abilities are better than its special ones." Dustin said, almost bragging.
    But it was true. he was proud of his Gardevoir breaking he usual stereotype. His Gardevoir has broken through even a Steelix's defense with Gardevoir's physical strength. In fact, the only special move Gardevoir knew was Psychic. All others were moves like Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Giga Impact, Return, and other moves just like them. When they didn't work, Psychic and status moves were just back up.

He watched as his Gardevoir continued pummeling the Reflect, noticing the tiniest crack at the top as the wall began to weaken.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Lucy eventually reached Pueltown, and immediately started looking for the Pokemon Centre. She wanted to know where it was ahead of time. After a while of random wandering, she eventually located the building.
    After memorising the area where the building was, she then started looking for the Gym. It was thankfully easier to find. She read the gym's description on the sign outside.

Flying type's hyh? Lucy thought to herself. That meant Grotle wouldn't be able to do much. Plusle and Minun had a type advantage, but couldn't use their full power separately.
    Chatot may or may not be able to match the leader's Pokemon, and Bronzong should be able to defend against the gym leader.
    Trying to devise her strategy, Lucy entered the gym, and saw that a battle was already taking place.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu raised an eyebrow.

"And who's getting arrogant now?" asked Miharu in a reproachful voice. "Almost hypocritical, isn't it?"

Well, than most likely Gardevoir probably doesn't have much special attacks, so let's try our own special attacks.

Master, I can feel the reflect cracking slightly.

Really? That's a strong Thunder Punch then. Let's weaken that electricity then, Mud Slap to the Thunder Punch, then Night Slash.

Yes Master.

Gallade kicked the sand on the Thunder Punch, making the Thunder Punch's electricity weaker. Gallade jumped away slightly before his blades on his arm turned into a black blade and slashed at Gardevoir's midsection...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    After defeating the croagunk, Aaron made his way to vientown and headed for the gym

IceFireLighnting

Rayna stuttered and quickly returned Mamoswine, -Coward- she thought and sighed, "Chimchar" Rayna suddenly said turning to the still half asleep Chimchar.

"Chim Chimchar" Rayna helped its to its feet, "C-can you battle?" Rayna looked at her Chimchar and sighed as it struggled to jump up and down.

"No, I can't let you battle silly little monkey" Rayna giggled and patted the top of Chimchar's head. "Okay, Honchkrow, your up"

Honchkrow cawed, "Aerial Ace!"

The two collided in mid air, Silver seeming to take much damage from the impact. "Shake it off, Silver, shake it off," Chrome said as she saw that the Honchkrow had barely taken any damage. (Crap) Chrome thought (this girl's tough. I'm gonna have to watch out...)

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin watched carefully. "Posing arrogance is an easy way to catch your opponents off guard, Gardevoir, grab that Night Slash!"
    Gardevoir did as told and grabbed the black blade with its own palm. Although doing decent damage, Gardevoir endured the attack.

"When trying to exploit another person's arrogance, you must first release some of your own. Mine for this battle comes from my Gardevoir's Speed and physical strength. Allowing your guard down in order to lower your opponent's is truly as way to force them to focus on an opening you purposely created for bait." he lectured.

Gardevoir continued to hold on struggling along with Gallade to keep dominance over the situation. "Use Thunderpunch!" Dustin commanded. Gardevoir raised its free hand back, and hurled it at Gallade, with electricity spitting so strong it cracked the ground beneath them.

Years
    Sil is having a great time at the celebration, but things are winding down. She gets to a road and follows it to the closest town, which happens to be Pueltown. She sxcitedly heads to the Pokemon Center, eager to be out of the sun. She sends out Sally, and the two rent a room for a few hours. "Okay Sally! As soon as the sun goes down a little, we'll explore this place! I hear there's a Gym! Those were always fun!"

Silvia awakens to find the sun has gone down. "Oh snap! We overslept! Wake up Sally!" Sil rushes out the door, stops then rushes back in. She quickly dresses and picks up her Charmander and she heads back out. "Okay, slight delay, but this journey has begun!" Sil rushes towards the nearest building, the Gym. "Let's start here!"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    "I must engage you on some witty banter one day," said Miharu. "But, at least know the other person before you make any assumptions of their personalities. It's a bore if your completely wrong."

If he likes his speed and power so much, why don't we show him my Master's or your high Master's training results, hm?

Yes, Master.

As the Thunder Punch moved closer to Gallade, he managed to rip his Night Slash Blade free from Gardevoir's hands before spinning around and back kicking Gardevoir in the gut (and as it is such close quarters, it'll hit) but, Gallade had taken the hit from the Thunder Punch and winced as the electricity coursed though his body. After that, he jumped further away and he noticed that the reflect had worn off from all of the damage it took from the Thunder Punches.

Master, the reflect wore off.

Hmmm, that'll be troublesome. Though, if I may take a ponder, he'll probably set off with either a status move or another one of those elemental punches. Sucks that we can't use our own. I'd love Gardevoir's Thunder Punch to be tested against yours.

That would be interesting, Master.

It probably would. Now, let's watch for Dustin's and Gardevoir's next move.

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin snapped his fingers. His Gardevoir responded by teleporting to his side. The damage from Gallade's attacks has all but vanished.

"Gardevoir that's enough. You should have been able to take enough of their thoughts from those attacks. How are they, good? Bad?"

Gardevoir nodded to the word "good".
    "Fine then", Dustin continued, "It looks like you're worthy enough. If you weren't, our last attack would have left you as we left our old battle grounds. For comparison of it, let's just say the Grand Canyon has a twin now. But you've deemed worthy. I judge more on my opponent's thoughts. Which is why I always battle with Gardevoir. She uses her speed not for battle, and her physical strength isn't meant to pierce shields, it's meant to distract. Long enough to get info by infiltrating minds and ideas, allowing me to see if they are worthy for congratulations, or if they will be doomed to ignorance. My battle was to test more than just level of arrogance, and I'll leave it at that. But for now, your congratulations is in order."

Dustin snapped his fingers once more and the giant crown shaped print on the field began glowing, as it began to open, raising a pedestal with a single badge hovering just inches above it.

"There is the regal badge. May its royal sheen give you great luck, as well as great humility." he said congratulating his former opponent.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Aaron walked into the gym and saw the end of the battle . He went to challenge the gym leader himself

(OOC: if there are any other characters who got there first, just have your characters point that out to him)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu blinked at the anticlimactic ending to the battle.

"Damn, your Gardevoir's psychic powers must be great," commented Miharu. "As I have learned how to block people and pokemon from going into my mind aside from Gallade and my own Gardevoir. Gallade also has the same training as me."

Actually, I felt the intrusion and knew what Gardevoir was doing, Master.

And you didn't tell me?

I didn't feel the need, Master.

...Return.

Gallade returned to his pokeball on his own. Miharu glanced up at the badge and narrowed her eyes. Before she could say anything, another challenger had come up to the battle field.

"We're still not done so if you could just step back for a bit," said Miharu.

She turned her attention elsewhere.

Hmm, this seems to be a little weird...though perhaps I'm just over thinking it, but...

"I don't trust you," said Miharu out loud. "How do I know this isn't a ploy or another, if that test that you say is true, test?"

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    "oh, i apologize" said aaron. He stepped back and went to the waiting area

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    It took all of Kyle's willpower to walk up to the stage after the fight between the gardevoir and Gallade was finished. Or supposedly was finished, it seemed strange to him that a gym leader's challenge only required surviving for so long. Kyle felt more like fleeing and taking on another gym leader first, but he had signed up to fight this gym leader. Still, as he walked on stage the challenger told him to step back. Kyle didn't mind having a bit more time to think about how he would face this Gardevoir and he might get some answers from this challenger's questions. So he waited off to the side for them to finish.

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin giggled. "No test here. Though, there is one thing you should know before taking that badge. Should your mind, body, and heart become arrogant throughout the course of your journey, you shall feel the effects. Depending on who you are will determine the ailments you experience. Should you become arrogant in your Pokemon, you shall feel every attack they feel, for example. I've never seen this happen yet, so I have no clue. But anywho, take the badge, as well as the prize money and TM45, which contains Attract, my favorite move!"

Gardevoir vanished once more.
    "To my new challengers" Dustin said turning to the two trainers, "Join me tomorrow for another battle. It's getting quite late, and I have yet to rest. So, I invite you all to dine at the cafe within the second floor of the castle, and rest in the beds on the first. Eat well, sleep well, and enjoy your stay." He finished with a bow, and hurried off to his room to change for dinner.

Back