• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liberation Force OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Where you talk about everything there is to talk about PLF! we'll be discussing plot and all that good stuff here so be sure to at least post to subscribe so you know whats goin on!

- This will be a 4 chapter RP. The chapters will correlate with the 4 regions of the Pokemon world, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. -

Plot
    The typical pokemon adventure used to be this....
    Start an adventure
    Defeat Trainers
    Challenge Gyms
    Defeat the Elite 4
    Become the Best

Yes, those USED to be things on every new trainer's mind as they set off at the age of at a young age to begin their Pokemon journey. But now those are times that will only be discussed in history books. The world of Pokemon was a happy, peaceful one, with only minor nuisances to disturb the peace such as Team Rocket or Team Galaxy, always having evil plans to rule the world but they were always quickly taken care of by some random 11 year old kid and his team of 5 Pokemon and 1 HM Slave. They were truly ideal times when a parent could let their child roam the countryside without fear of being under any REAL danger. But eventually this changed.

The 8 gym leaders and Elite 4 of each region were always known as the best and most powerful trainers and were never to be looked down upon and they all knew it. But everyone knows that with power comes corruption. Over time, the gym leaders began to slowly control the regions without the knowledge of them or the civilians really. Their respect quickly turned into the iron grip of fear they now have over the cities they each reside in. In collaboration with each other and lead by the Elite 4 of each region, they began to start experiments on themselves and their cherished partners, turning themselves into the ultimate form of strength, a Pokemorph. A person fused with a pokemon, giving a human access to its abilities and using them in terrible ways.

The gym leaders quickly gained followers wishing to also combine with their pokemon. These trainers became loyal followers and fight for the gym leaders without question. It was quickly decided that the only way to defeat the leaders of the 4 regions was to play their game against them, and thus an organization was formed in secret to fight against them...The Pokemorph Liberation Force.

The Pokemorph Liberation Force (PLF) recruited every day trainers who wished to put a stop to the tyranny of the gym leaders once and for all. Together these trainers stepped up to the plate with their most beloved partner, bonding together in order to free the now darkened world from the grip that the Pokemon Leagues now hold over the regions. The PLF members must travel to each town and bring down the gyms (which now look more like fortresses) one by one and defeat the Elite 4 in order to liberate each region. It will be a long process but with determination and a lust for a once more peaceful world, the members of the PLF are ready for the challenge. And this is where you come in.

You're a member of the newly formed PLF which is now preparing the first mission. Liberate Kanto. You and the other morphs will battle corrupted trainers, the much more powerful Gym Leaders, and maybe even deal with wild Pokemon who choose not to accept your altered form. You will face rejection and fear from a world of humans who don't understand you or your goals, but they'll see your intentions once they are free from the suffering they are forced to endure. The PLF has limited information on the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 of Kanto and had lives risked in order to obtain it. Elite 4 data was too dangerous to attempt to obtain. The only information known on Kanto is this.

Kanto Gym Leader Morphs
    Pewter - Brock - Golem
    Cerulean - Misty - Starmie
    Vermillion - Lt. Surge - Raichu
    Celadon - Erika - Bellossum
    Saffron - Sabrina - Alakazam
    Fuscia - Koga - Venomoth
    Cinnabar Island - Blaine - Magmortar
    Viridian - Classified - Classified

Knowing the danger, you must be prepared to face anything.

Rules
    1. Be active
    2. Don't godmod
    3. Basic PC rules
    4. Basic RP rules
    5. Don't godmod
    6. Be literate, use proper grammar.
    7. Don't bunny or char control without permission
    8. I reserve the right to kick you out if at anytime i feel you aren't following these rules.

~*Sign Up*~
    Name: (duh)
    Morph: (what you're combined with)

Appearance: (How your char looks. Pictures only as reference please. I still expect an adequately written description. Remember to show markings of being mixed with a pokemon.)

Personality: (How your character acts, don't be generic)

Background: (a bit of why you're char is here and why they joined the PLF)

Attacks: (We all know the pokemon world, just list the ones you can use. 4 Max)

Additional Information: (Anything your char can do special. Hobbies, favorite passtime, whatever. Its not required but can help your application.)

RP Sample: (You may post an intro or a previous RP exert.)

---------------------
    My sign up

Name: Clove Wheldst
    Morph: Cacturne

Appearance: Clove is a very handsome young boy. He is Caucasian and about 5'7 and 130 lbs. A very skinny build, with no visible muscles, he is clearly a very limber kid. He has short brown shaggy hair which is never brushed but also rarely seen. His hair is never seen due to the fact of his first visible feature of being a morph. Being combined with a Cacturne he has the characteristic trait of a Cacturne which is it's scare crow hat. Clove is always wearing the green scare crow hat which is pulled tight and often pulls his hair partially over his eyes, giving him an aura of mystery around him. He has thin soft eyes with deep yellow irises, also characteristic of a Cacturne, which one could almost get lost in. As for his clothes, Clove is a very formally dressed kid. He wears tightly fitting black button down dress shirt that he leaves un-tucked with a white undershirt underneath. For pants Clove sports a pair of dark blue thinly fit jeans with a slight fade down the center of the legs. His shoes are a simple dark forest green pair of converse with white soles that he wears to match his green scare crow hat. Clove goes through many pairs of clothes, because after each fight, if he's not careful his shirt will be full of holes from his cactus needles.

Personality: Despite Clove's dark mysterious outward appearance, he is a very visibly sociable person. He is quite ambitious and has a definite love for the grass type. Clove likes to make sarcastic comments to people whether in the heat of battle or not. Unlike some of the other morphs on the squad, Clove definitely enjoys his morphed form and the various fashion statements it brings along with it. In battle, Clove is a very quick witted fighter. In most scenarios, Clove wont be the strongest on the battlefield. His fighting style rather reflects on deceit and trickery in order to catch his opponents off guard rather than going at it full force. He believes more in being able to make a quick escape and get everyone out alive than winning the battle at all costs. Tactics are the key when dealing with Clove. He's quick to think of a strategy and quick to take charge of the group.

Background: Clove is actually an ex-member of Erika's gym following. Starting with his grass type pokemon back in his earlier years, he followed his journey until he made it to Erika's gym. He felt as if he were at home the moment he stepped in and quickly made his way up the gym ranks so he could train and be with grass Pokemon. He developed a fondness for Erika that could be called love until she finally gave in to the gym leader's power over the region. Clove left the gym when this happened, vowing to bring Erika back to the proper side and free her. Clove still has a strong belief that Erika is still good on the inside.

Attacks:
    Needle Arm
    Solar Beam
    Faint Attack
    Pin Missile

Additional Information: due to the clothing destructive nature of the spikes he keeps retracted all over his arms and back, Clove has become a very accomplished sewer. He has mastered the art of being able to use almost anything to patch up a hole in any piece of clothing.

RP Sample: I wrote the RP

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    ogud u strted da fred.

So explain to us how older members and new members are merging, if you would be so kind. >3 (I already know, but for the other's benefit).

*subscribes*

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Sooo this is how the beginning will work. I'm going to recap the recent events, and a "2 week recovery period" which will explain everything the other RPers need to know about the past events. then we'll move on with the plot :) should be quick and easy

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I should also note (if I get accepted xP) that I won't be able to start on time with you guys, due to uni and the like. So just excuse Plum's absence with some scenario like she went ahead on recon or that she kicked all the non present members out on their asses, whatever works. Also, if it need be, people from the previous PLF can bunny her, since I trust you all...

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    of course you're accepted... and i'll bunny her if need be. I needa get started on this intro... AFTER japaneese class tonight...

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Of course we all knew it was never going to die...right? *cheshire cat smile*

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    ha HAH so we begin. So heres the lowdown. Clove, Alice, Jade, and Plum are original members of the team and have been through a lot together so they are already pretty well acquainted. Anyone's characters may have prior existing relationships through the PLF, we assume that since its an organization that you at least have seen each other around.

The last PLF left off with the defeat of Surge, and Misty sending a messenger with Swift Swim under the cloak of her massive Rain Dance to Vermillion to provoke the PLF to come at them with everything we've got. And we're going to do just that. If there are any, more specific, questions about characters, plot, anything, just ask them here!

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Oh gees, I just read this after posting in the main forum....I hope my post is okay, if not I can edit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    haha thats okay, I actually liked your intro it gives you a chance to see how Clove runs the team haha, Billie, Jim, and Phani know, XD

Welcome to the rp, Gummy!

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, I said I'd be away for the first half but after reading the first few posts I just couldn't help it. x3

Guess I'll have to settle for another average mark for my assignments this semester. xP

Welcome aboard newbies. >D /IC

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Everything IC is purely how Plum sees things, I have no input whatsoever. So I wouldn't expect anything nice coming out of her mouth anytime soon. xP

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    i'm settling for average marks as well haha simply for the sake of having a good time in this RP. Yay for priorities! <3

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    x3 I love Plum. I'm pretty sure she expected the calm, collected, yet passionate Alice to fight back? Shame that, so did I. Skimpy filler posts FTW.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • He's baa-aaackk.....

Name: Travis "Trouble" Varias

Morph: Hybrid Lugia, Espeon, Dragonite, Lucario Smeargle. XD

Appearance: Travis isn't exactly an obvious morph. In fact, if it weren't for the large, paint coated tail protruding from his backside, it would be hard to tell that he wasn't one hundred percent human. Sure, his vacant stare and the fur covering his legs would give it away, but the fur is usually covered by Travis's trademark black jeans, which are covered with small pockets. Literally covered. As for the stare, a blank stare alone isn't evidence that someone's a Pokemorph, and it usually only comes into play when Travis is sketching something anyway. Of course, his white hair might cause someone to double-take for a moment, but like the stare it probably wouldn't be connected with the nature of being a hybrid of two radically different species. About the only other feature that could possibly stand out in Travis's appearance is the fact that his canine teeth protrude slightly. Not too noticeably, but enough that when he flashes a smile you'd notice. His aforementioned white hair is unbelievably frizzy, and gives him the air of a "mad scientist" type person. His green eyes are probably his most animated feature when he isn't drawing something, always darting around as if trying to find an image worthy of his artistic talents to capture, and his fingers and tail are constantly twitching, as if aching to draw something, anything. The old-fashioned camera he carries on a shoulder strap gives him the air of a wartime journalist, and the brown duster jacket and combat boots complete the image.

Personality: Travis is the kind of guy you want to have on your side, but hate it when he saves you because you know that he's going to tease you about needing his help later. Indeed, Travis is only too willing to step into a fight, but he isn't above rubbing it in the face of the people he saves. From that standpoint he's a friendly enough sort, as long as you can stand to put up with him. After becoming a Pokemorph, Travis has developed an obsession with drawing anything and everything he sees that interests him, from rock formations to the Pokemorph leaders he is currently working to topple. In fact, he's been known to ask people he's engaged in combat with if they could pause for a moment so that he can sketch them! Usually, however, he'll be more than content to use his old-fashioned camera to take a shot of his opponent that he can develop and draw from later. Based on these traits, it's easy to assume that Travis is a happy-go-lucky sort of person with a strong sense of justice. While the strong sense of justice and desire to change the world around him are right on the money, the happy-go-lucky appearance Travis presents is often just a mask for his overwhelming desire to re-conquer the Pokemon world and liberate his home in the Sevii islands, as well as to take revenge on the person who harmed him most: the electrical soldier, Lieutenant Surge.

Being a journalist, Travis has a rather inordinate amount of curiosity, and isn't above using bribery, trickery, or force to coerce an explanation from someone. Because of this he's often employed as an "interrogator", using his knowledge of ancient torture techniques (when asked about his methods he usually replies "Tickling torture is far more effective than most people think") to draw out confessions from stray followers of the destructive gym leaders. Aside from this, however, Travis is fairly curious about the personal lives of the people he fights alongside of and won't hesitate to ask questions about their past, some of them very personal. Because of this, he's received more than a few resounding slaps in his time from the female Pokemorphs back at HQ, and a fist or two to the face from the men. Despite these setbacks, his persitent nature causes Travis to keep getting up, no matter what he's hit with. (As one colleague pointed out, "This guy makes you wonder whether Smeargles have the guts trait sometimes.")

Background: Once upon a time, Travis was a travelling Pokemon Photographer and journalist who made his home in the Sevii Islands, specifically on One Island, with his best friend and partner, Andre the Smeargle. They shared many things, from battles to sunsets to nights under the stars. In fact, Travis couldn't remember a moment he hadn't shared with his constantly-sketching partner. They had been together since he was born, and they wanted to be together for many years. Of course, that all changed the day that Travis decided to leave home for a year or two and travel to Vermillion City in order to attend a school for up-and-coming journalists there. When he arrived, however, Surge launched his coup of the town and assisted in the co-operative takeover of the Kanto region. Barely escaping with their lives, Andre and Travis fled to Pallet Town where they received assistance from a mysterious trainer, who helped them secure passage on a fast ship back home. When they arrived, however, they were met with Surge himself backed by a squadron of his followers, who had decided to enlarge Kanto's holdings by taking over the Sevii Islands. Here, Travis became involved with an underground press movement, publishing news to destabilize the position of their captors. Though Travis did his best to avoid it, he and Andre were eventually captured and sent to be "made an example of" in front of the populace of One Island along with many other dissidents. On the day they were to be executed, Travis and Andre were rescued by a surprise attack from a band of insurgents. During the escape, however, Surge launched a massive electrical attack at them. Travis would have been killed had not Andre, knowing that the attack would likely kill him, hurled himself in front of his trainer. Heartbroken, Travis was taken to the base of the insurgents where he learned that Andre had suffered a heart attack after taking twice the amount of voltage that it was safe for a Pokemon to be hit with, and that he had less than a week to live, even with treatment. With tears running down his face, Travis asked to be combined with his Pokemon so that the two of them could live together as one being, and to gain the strength to avenge his death.

The following occurs during the events of the original PLF RP:

Travis, after hearing Team Venture, which has been assigned to assassinate Brock, request medical aid, offers to head up the relief team. After traveling to Pewter City, Travis witnesses Omega, a rogue Charizard morph working with the PLF, launch an attack that traps Brock in a stone column. Travis converses with Brock, who confides in him that the reason he changed was because he was privy to secret information about the government's impending collapse, and wanted to save the country. Travis pointed out that the utopia Brock wanted to create could never exist, and upon hearing this Brock gave a box containing important information as well as a boulder badge to Travis, who passed it on to Clove. From there, the party traveled to Vermillion City, where Travis teamed up with Cecily, a Pachirisu morph, in order to attempt a surprise attack on Surge. However, his attempt was cut short when Omega crash-landed in front of him, already half-dead. Torn by his desire to kill Surge, Travis decided to save Brad- however, Surge attacked him moments later.

During their fight, Surge revealed that Travis had, in fact, been partly responsible for Andre's death. When Travis had escaped, Surge had shocked Andre, leaving him paralyzed. When Travis had attacked Surge with his own knife, however, the leader launched a blast of lethal electricity at him, which Andre intercepted. Travis was nearly overcome by his own guilt, but at the last moment felt Andre's spirit touch him. With his guilt removed, Travis sketched Surge's signature Zap Cannon attack, before blasting him with it. Ironically, despite his initial motive of revenge, he didn't strike a finishing blow, instead leaving the gym leader paralyzed for Clove to capture.

Travis, after Surge's capture, began having second thoughts about his devotion to the PLF. After sending a personal message to Clove, he set off for Cerulean in order to rescue a captured member of Team Venture....

Hobbies/Etc.: Travis enjoys sketching, for obvious reasons, as well as photography. He shows talent in both areas. In addition, he enjoys playing a blackjack-like game called "Oicho Kabu" in his spare time.

Attacks: Like all Smeargle, Travis has the ability to Sketch the attacks of his opponent and use them himself. However, there is a catch. When Travis uses sketch on his opponent, their last attack will be copied exactly, meaning that it possesses the same power and control it had when his opponent used it. He cannot improve the technique unless he re-sketches it. Since Travis can only remember four moves at any given time, he'll often 'forget' an attack in order to sketch a different one. Some time must elapse, however, between his forgetting one attack and sketching a new one, depending on which attack he forgets. Currently, his moveset is...

Stun Spore
    Flamethrower
    High Jump Kick
    Zap Cannon

But is subject to change.

Furthermore, Travis is capable of copying "abilities" of his opponents, such as Swift Swim, through his "Trace" ability. In addition, Travis has taken basic hand-to-hand combat courses so, while not really a martial artist by any stretch, he's capable of fighting without the use of his abilities. He also possesses a combat knife hidden in one of his boots.

Well, that's it. I'll post my catch-up intro soon, but first I'm gonna get my "PC arrival" post done for Like Reaching for the Sun, since I prioritize posts for RPs in the order I joined them in. Sorry. XD

Oh, and, hi. :3

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    So that makes a nice even ten. Welcome back Thesis. :D

EDIT: Time for some reluctant teamwork Samurai. xP

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back