• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
-The game wouldn't let me heal the Pokemon while it's out in battle. But it let's me heal others.

Known issue with the latest essentials

-and I can't access the PC.
What happens?

I loaded my save file and manged to get mega char Y stone from the trainer.
but the other 2 starters I can't.
also no mega ring, would I have to start over to get the other two.
mega ring is given by oak, the stones are given by the respective npcs.

Also, I have one vague bug. My pokemon no longer un-Mega Evolve. This first started after I battled the Snorlax west of Celadon, but it may be related to the 1.08 update as well, as I believe that was the first time I Mega Evolved after I updated. The pokemon still have their Mega typing, stats, abilities, etc., even if you remove their mega stones before entering the battle.
I'll have a look

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but I have been watching as this game has progressed over time. Before anything else, I would like to express my gratitude to Desbrina for making this great great game, it has come very far.

However...

With version 1.0 out, I finally decided on downloading the game. However I run it, the game says there is an update available. I looked back through this thread, and I saw many similar problems occurring with older versions. I also included the updater 1.01.zip in my download, but after unzipping it, I received a .jar, not .exe file. Is there a current problem with this, or do I manually need to convert .jar to .exe?

[I am using mac os x, run with wine bottler]
Its not an exe, its an executable java file. You just run the file and it'll download the updates.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
I know that the .jar should be executable, but when I run it, a window pops up and gives the following error:

The Java Jar file "Updater.jar" could not be launched.

When I viewed the console for a possible error, It sent this error to the console log:

5/3/16 6:28:51.447 AM WindowServer[130]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 180 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.

Nevermind, not source to problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Excuse me, if I save the game, where can I find the save data in my computer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Excuse me, if I save the game, where can I find the save data in my computer?

I can't speak for all platforms, but for my PC running Windows 8.1, it's located here:

C:\Users\(your user name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16_1\Game.rxdata

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Good day Desbrina, i just wanted to say thank you for this great remake game. Keep up the good work.

Bug found when i try to re-run the elite four this error occurs when i try to battle gary. Thank you.

Also, i dont seem to have any pokemon encounter on the cerulean cave.

Thank you.

---------------------------
Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16.1
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 195 (Room 5):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section113:220:in `pbMissingTrainer'Can't find trainer (CHAMPION, ???, ID 3)

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CHAMPION,"???",_I("What!? I was just careless!"),false,3,false)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:256:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

OK

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Bug found when i try to re-run the elite four this error occurs when i try to battle gary. Thank you.

Also, i dont seem to have any pokemon encounter on the cerulean cave.

Thank you.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 195 (Room 5):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section113:220:in `pbMissingTrainer'Can't find trainer (CHAMPION, ???, ID 3)

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CHAMPION,"???",_I("What!? I was just careless!"),false,3,false)

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:256:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

OK

I'll have a look at that when I have access to my pc. Currently away.

can i remind move in this game?

Not at the moment but you will be able to

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
HI, I also get the bug on the St Anne after fighting Gary. the trainer seems to move up one step the gets locked in place. Ive tried speaking to gary from all angles and after the fight, the trainer walks up one step, unless he is directly below gary in which he then just locks in place and the game makes the sound of walking into something. I'm loving this game btw, very well done!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Other than the champion error which i can't reproduce ( though i did encounter another at that point ) the errors above will be fixed in the next update

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Other than the champion error which i can't reproduce ( though i did encounter another at that point ) the errors above will be fixed in the next update

Oh is that so? im stuck in champions room though, i cant use escape rope in there. my mistake is i save in there before trying to battle the champion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you want you can send me your save file and i can get you out of there.
The issue i came across was the second time i tried to battle it acted as if i'd already battled and went straight to the hall of fame

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
If you want you can send me your save file and i can get you out of there.
The issue i came across was the second time i tried to battle it acted as if i'd already battled and went straight to the hall of fame

That would be very helpful. Errr... where should i find the save file and where should i send it? and thanks in advance, im really enjoying this game right now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Save file will be located in, or something similar to below
C:\Users\(your user name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16_1\Game.rxdata

As for where to send it, i'll pm you my email address

I see what you mean about the champion now, it only does it for one of the options as they are numbered wrong, 1,2,3 not 0,1,2

1.09 out now with all above fixes

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Many thanks :) its fixed now. gonna start playing again.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbChooseTarget'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2660:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2756:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

EliteBattle_Battle:303:in `pbCommandPhase'

EliteBattle_Battle:237:in `pbStartBattleCore'

EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `logonerr'

EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games/Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16_1/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

This pops up when i am battle 2 vs 2 when i go further i only attack and the ai does nothing.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Hello, I'm really enjoying this game so far, I think you did a great job!And I haven't encountered any bugs so far.
Although I noticed that the beedrill line isn't in the game. I haven't gotten that far yet (cerulean city) however, so if there is a trade or something later on i haven't gotten there yet, and i know it wasn't in the original pokemon yellow but I found a beedrillite in viridian forest and was wondering if i could get a beedrill.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
beedrill is available once the main game is complete, there is a trade for it, you ytrade a butterfree for it

Beedrill%20Trade.png

This pops up when i am battle 2 vs 2 when i go further i only attack and the ai does nothing.
Have noticed its listed as a bug in the ebs and there is a fix listed which i'll get sorted soon

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Hello all! Before I begin giving feedback I would like to thank Desbrina for such an amazing effort with this game created.

Bugs/Issues:
* Barrier lines on map appear
* Rival does not leave after SS Anne encounter, player can not move
* Player can sneak past rival up stairs to captains cabin without battle - can not do the same trying to get out.
* Basic dialogue corrections required
* GTS with no pokemon deposited - still asks to retrieve pokemon, if yes clicked, crashes
* Pokeballs do not appear in pokecenter while being healed
* Music is either missing or for the wrong location in some places.
* Graphical errors:
- Attack graphics not as they should (I do believe that this is just a solve to get around the issue of missing pokemon essentials)
- The camera zooms on the foe if the attack "peck" is used
- Graphics for some attacks are used for others (i.e. electro ball, spark, and thundershock all have the same graphic)
- On battle, character graphics need slight refining
- Issues listed on the site; Reflection begins 1 tile earlier, Walk/run animation need sorting - running more so

Thanks Again for your participation in this great game!
If I run into any more issues, I will let you know.

Back