• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks for the response, been caught up playing Pokemon Go and being on late shifts so haven't had much of a change to do much

* Barrier lines on map appear
Can you let me know which maps you've spotted it on

* Rival does not leave after SS Anne encounter, player can not move
Are you running the lastest version, should have been fixed in that

* Player can sneak past rival up stairs to captains cabin without battle - can not do the same trying to get out.
Same as above

* Basic dialogue corrections required
Can you let me know where

* GTS with no pokemon deposited - still asks to retrieve pokemon, if yes clicked, crashes
Will have a look, can you remember what the crash message was?

* Pokeballs do not appear in pokecenter while being healed
I noticed and will be fixed in the next update

* Music is either missing or for the wrong location in some places.
Which places? Some locations i don't have the audio for which may be why its incorrect

* Graphical errors:
- Attack graphics not as they should (I do believe that this is just a solve to get around the issue of missing pokemon essentials)
- The camera zooms on the foe if the attack "peck" is used
- Graphics for some attacks are used for others (i.e. electro ball, spark, and thundershock all have the same graphic)
- On battle, character graphics need slight refining
- Issues listed on the site; Reflection begins 1 tile earlier, Walk/run animation need sorting - running more so

For the move animations, the majority of them don't have set animations so they use default ones

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Good day again, where can i access sevii islands again?

Bug found : cant get past the old man at cerulean cave asking me to be the pokemon league champ. But i completed Poke league several times and he is not disappearing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Are you playing the lastest version, i believe that was fixed in an update.

Sevii islands can be access from cinnabar off the top of my head

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
First of all, completely new to the forum just for this game :pink_love:
I played a way earlier version of this game years ago and was very happy yesterday when I found that it's still being developed and improved now, it looks incredible so far!

some lil things I noticed tho:
in Pallet Town Rival's home is called "0's House" and his sister calls him 0 too, which is not the name I gave him, but in other instances it seems to be fine.
after going through Viridian Forest for the first time I headed back to get HM05 and meet Rival in Route 22 and suddenly wild pokemon (in the forest and route 22) appear with levels 35 and up, I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but it's making it pretty hard to get through those areas.

oh, and quick qestion: as someone used to the oooold layout of the game it's a bit irritating to only see 2 moves at a time during a fight instead of all four, is there a way to change that? Like an option or something?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Suggestions for the game:

add graphics (such as pokeball open when switching first in party/pokecenter)
Add to the current storyline, Create more. (Each remake has a bit more storyline + features to it.) It may be interesting to add more regions than one.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for the support, I posted right before I updated.

I play in full screen mode, if the size of the screen is small/medium it is unnoticeable. In large/full, they are noticeable in all maps/most maps.

Dialogue fixes:
* Capitalization errors
* Punctuation
* Text boxes don't wait at key points
ex: "What, i can't believe i lost again" - Rival @ ss anne

Music issues involve mostly being in the wrong places. Wild battles ( I have not yet checked with the new update yet though ) play no battle music, pokecenter music is absent and instead played in pewter city.

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 9.59.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 9.57.43 AM.png

These are screenshots of the game issues.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
Great game.

The run animation is, frankly, terrible. Drives me nuts. If you could only change one thing, change that.

Encountered a level 49 Pidgey on route two, just south of pewter. WTF?

Also, game claims that it can be updated but updater doesn't think so.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
i got some questions about this gym.
i am now playing the game till how further can you play ?
is the world johto also in it ?
i do now have a kadabra wich level he evolves in alakazam or need i to trade it ?

appreciate the work in this game

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
can anyone or desbrina please give me the most current download link because im having trouble finding it plz thxs

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
Game spewed out an error in double battles after I selected an attack move and chose a target at random. First move was rollout if it matters.

Game crashed after I whited out (Starmie's bubblebeam too stronk)

Odds on attacks that hit 2-5 times are screwed and backwards it seems. I've only gotten one fury attack that hit twice and one that hit three times out of the 15 or so times that I've used the move.

Bounds in a lot of places are messed up. Walking outside walls. Nothing major, but needs polishing.

A few attacks such as leech seed lack sound effects.

The overworld sprite for bulbasaur is his shiny sprite.

Leech seed seems to stop working once the pokemon that used it is fainted to switched out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Can you have a alakzam my kadabra is now level 39 or need i to trade it ??

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Problem. I just started the game then had the battle with Gary...and all you could see were his legs from the kneecaps down.

Also, a few other things. Shouldn't Pikachu have been just a bit bigger? Also, that Weedle lost the first time, and I ended up in some basement thing.

Little nitpick, but it seems kinda strange having the character walk past the mat one space before going out a door.

Next, would it be possible to show Pikachu's expressions? Maybe not like how Pokemon Yellow did it, but like how some games do with the faces above the head, or a heart. The D:< kinda faces. And the different responses depending on it's friendship level. At the start, I remember it hating the player, but here...it just wants to play. XD

Daisy says O instead of the rival's name.

When you leave the lab the first time, then go back in, Oak doesn't talk. Just stands there. I went back because I thought he was supposed to tell me something about picking up a package at the pokemart, which he didn't.

Kinda bugs me that 95% of the Pikachus seem to be female, because Red's and Ash's were always male. I don't mean eliminate them, but for players who really like sticking to that stuff, it would be nice to find more. Males for roleplay purposes.

The TV don't work in your house downstairs, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something that's been in all the games and would be one of those little details that really adds to things.

Doesn't the professor have helpers in his lab?

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll report in if I see anything else a little odd while I continue playing.

Edit: New issue. It won't let me update. I can't check out the trader because of this. Also, the tunnel I mentioned seems to be the one between badge two and three.

Peck has the same animation as gust.

I think someone mentioned the no pokeballs showing up.

Can't copy and paste the error, but the game popped one up and kicked me out when I tried to fight these bug catchers in the forest. The first two on the right most path.

Also, if at all possible, I had an idea. I saw this one other game that's being developed where the pokemon could evolve in battle, which would be more like the show and could give you an edge in a battle. I'm not sure how to do it, but apparently it was done.

Edit: Seems like all the Bug Catchers. Now I can't get out of the forest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2022
Oh I thought I lost my account. I recently contacted you in dA. I'll just rehash what I said from there?

I download PLY and did the updater.jar thing to play, but there was no visual. It's all black. I entered to continue, it flashed white then to black again, and I did get the opening text but no Oak. When I arrived to the enter my name thing (still black), I got this error: puu. sh / q8At9 / 81ba409396 . png

IDK what is causing it though? My OS is Win10, though I had no problem with other Pokemon Essential-made games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh I thought I lost my account. I recently contacted you in dA. I'll just rehash what I said from there?

I download PLY and did the updater.jar thing to play, but there was no visual. It's all black. I entered to continue, it flashed white then to black again, and I did get the opening text but no Oak. When I arrived to the enter my name thing (still black), I got this error: puu. sh / q8At9 / 81ba409396 . png

IDK what is causing it though? My OS is Win10, though I had no problem with other Pokemon Essential-made games.

In the game folder there should be a graphics folder, can you check you have it

Problem. I just started the game then had the battle with Gary...and all you could see were his legs from the kneecaps down.
Are you running the latest version, most of the errors were fixed in updates

Can you have a alakzam my kadabra is now level 39 or need i to trade it ??
yes its possible, there are in game trades for all trade evolutions

It's apparently impossible for a mega evolved pokemon to stop being mega evolved?

known essentials issue

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I tried clicking the update on the main menu, but it doesn't do anything. No sign I even clicked it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I do have the graphic folder, but with a deeper dig it didn't seem like everything is there. Only the Characters looked about right. Every other current folder seemed lacking. And there's no Battlers folder among with bunch of other folders missing comparing to Pokemon Reborn.

Screenshots
Inside PLY Folder
Inside Graphic Folder

I'm betting it's supposed to look something like this?
Comparing to Pokemon Reborn Graphic Folder
No they have some, I would say, "Crypted" files into a .rgssad file

Back