• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Does it freeze when talking to the delivery man or is it before? If you can talk to it, does it freeze straight away or at a particular point?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    When I walk up, everything is fine. As soon as I talk to him though, it freezes, even before I can get dialogue.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Does the machine your trying it on have an internet connection? For some reason it's timing out when checking for a gift. It's not supposed to throw an error though if one isn't available or it can't connect to the server

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Does the machine your trying it on have an internet connection? For some reason it's timing out when checking for a gift. It's not supposed to throw an error though if one isn't available or it can't connect to the server

My machine does have an internet connection, and is connected when I access it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Could I recommend we have a shadow generate effect, rather than included in the tile sets? For reference on what I mean, look at pokémon ver. 0.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    I guess before I play it.....is Pikachu more interactive in the game then it was in the orginal...I enjoyed the faces and all..but it be great to see Pikachu thunderbolt stuff, sneak somewhere , is that stuff in the game..... just wondering before I try it

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2017
    yeah, it happened to me to, something about the pikaball. the error was this:

Script 'Interpreter line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 7, map 2 (Pallet Town):
    Exception: NameError
    Message: (eval) : 1 : in "pbExecuteScript'The item 'PIKABALL is not valid.
    Please add the item
    to the list of items in the editor. See the wiki for more information.
    ***Full script:
    SPokemonBag.pbStoreltem(:: PBItems:: PIKABALL,1)

Interpreter:243:in "pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in 'eval'
    Interpreter:243:in "pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in "command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in 'execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in 'update'
    Interpreter:106:in 'loop'
    Interpreter:198:in 'update'
    Scene_Map:103:in Yollow_update
    Scene_Map:101:in 'loop'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Ditto. I've already surpassed that point in the game, but in activating a battle, my Pika comes out of what seems to be a heal ball.

Does this have anything to do with an error in assigning an id in coding for a kurtball instead of a pika ball?

Also, I've fixed the run/walk animations (look to pg. 25 if you need them), but the one last overworld animation I wish could be done is camera movement when you walk up stairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    I have the same error with the missing PIKABALL. Is there a way to fix it myself, or do I just have to wait for the creator to do it?

Also, I remember in an older version I tried that a lot of trainer battlers were missing, causing a lot of crashes. Is that going to happen in this version? I fixed it back then by just copying other battlers and renaming them to fill in all the missing numbers, but most trainers had the same image then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    How do I use the updater?

The Update button when I start the game does nothing, and the updater zip just has a bunch of .class files I have no idea what to do with.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The updater needs java to run. You should just be able to run the file, if your seeing class files then its not being run

Back