• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years
    I could help with the 3D map thing but you'll have to wait a while since my computer crashed and I need to look for my Photoshop Program Disk so I can install it again.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yah, that'd be great, and I pm'd you, so look in your inbox.

Edit:
    If you downloaded the zip fi;le I uploaded today, delete it. I uploadee a new one. I let my brother test it out and I forgot to delete Ryan in the Andros cave when I was taking screenshos. I didn't want to have to get that far, so I just added an event that looked like Ryan... Anyway, A new one has been added. And I know about the glitch you get when Ryan wants to go with you, and I know Ryan appears when you go into the 2nd proffessors house.

pokerocks

Nintendo Goo...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    Good game but here is what I saw.

1)Did you finish you know, to see your Pokemon?
    2)I can't battle with the new Pokemon Prof. James gave me.
    3)When you run out of the cave, the sprite turns into LG/FR sprite.
    4) When I talk to the second person, way on top of the gym(not the gym leader) the game freezes.
    5)A cool glitch I found out. When you run out and can't come in the cave anymore, talk to the guy that says, "Dessert time" go out of the dessert. Then the cave won't be blocked anymore. Go to where all the people are and hear Ryan talk again. Then when you run out, you stop. Then you are able to run around the city.

That's pretty much it.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yah, I've known about the glitches.
    These are the glitches from what you listed:
    3. I haven't changedall of the sprite changes to the official pokemon liquid hero
    sprite.
    5. I found this one out last night without even realizing it. My brother was
    testing the game and he went through the cave, then through "Desert
    time". I was wondering why it let me back in the cave, and it donned on me
    when you said that.

All of the rest of the things are not glitches. The CBS is nowhere near finished, and that's what I'm focused on preparing. You have to create a new battle map for every route or trainer. The guy in the gym doesn't have a battle map yet. And I haven't messed with switching pokemon or using items yet. I understand how to do these things, and I'm sitting down right now, trying to think of ways to do everything. I'm trying to think of ways I can make this stuff happen. I recommend doing this to everyone everytime you're working on a project.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2006
    i can't play the demo cuz i can't open pokeruby1 or sumtin, whats up with that?

brendan mc

{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}
    Years
    it worked with me great game
    but one thing
    why cant i catch pokemon in the safari place
    i battled pichu but i wasnt able to catch it
    but the game in all was great k
    keep the good work going!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    1. For everyone having problems, tell me exactly the problem.
    2. Give me a pic of the error message.
    3. Tell me which download you're using. I uploaded a new zip file.
    4. "A bunch of letters doesn't tell me anything, I need a screen"

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Okay played the demo and like how you made the starter towns and routes. But catching pokemon in that place where you can catch Eevee, Pichu and Marill is impossible.

But I hope to see more work from you.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    @Slix00:
    I know It's impossible. I said that on page 3. There's nowhere to level up on your way to the gym. When the game's done, You'll be able to level up in route 3 and on the ship. And, Sting will use more than one pokemon and they'll be higher than level 5, because face it, If I put in the weakness and resistance effect right now, one thundeshock from Pikachu would knock him out. Cindergale City is as far as you can go anyway. The last thing you can do is beat the gym. You're supposed to get cut from someone in Cindergale City, but I haven't implemented TMs and HMs. I you really want to beat him, test the game in rm2k3, then change the hero hp variable.

And it's not impossible. you have to increase it's trust with bait and decrease it's health with rocks.You can't tell what it's doing, but you will by the next demo. The HP bar will be functional, and the pokemon will have expressions. I don't know how I'm going to change their expressions, but I may need a spriter for this.

And id anyone here contributed to this game when RM2K3KID was working on it, I need names. And don't lie 'cause I'll check with him.

People please read a couple pages before you post questions. I could uderstand if the threa was like 24 pages or something, but it's four.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    YAY demo im downloading it rite now!!!, Might not be able to play it to night, because im supposed ta be doing my homeowrk :dead:

anyway ill see how ood it is keep it up Pokecreator

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    DarkDoom3000 said:
    YAY demo im downloading it rite now!!!, Might not be able to play it to night, because im supposed ta be doing my homeowrk :dead:

anyway ill see how ood it is keep it up Pokecreator

Hahaha, homework, hats good. XD
    Anyways, yeah I'd love to hear what you think of it.

I need help with the trainer card. I can't think of a way to get the hero's name on it. I'm thinking of this.

I rip the name enter thing from the game and use that and a cursor to store each letter in a variable. The bad thing with this is the characters might be spaced out a bit, and when I'm refering to the hero's name in a message. So I'd have to make the player enter ther name twice. Does anybody have a way for this stupid thing to work. It's so simple in RMXP, bt his is RM2K3.

RMXP:1
    RM2K3:0

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Hey!! So far i see you are progressing rather well :D! I played your latest demo.. there are some minor bugs that appear.. some are mine (most lol) but some are yours.. but you are doing a champ job at fixing them! I also made you that bar you wanted.. I remember the font but i like the font that is in this one better...
    Pokemon Liquid

The font was the default RM2K3 one on my pc.. I'm sure it wasn't common among RM2K3..

I notice you are trying to put the hero's name on the trainer card.. I'm sad to say its not possible without making the player enter their name twice.. as I recall someone long way back made a RM2K3/RM2K enter name system that worked with variables. It was impressive but rather complex. If you can somehow pull that off then it would be a nice addition.. and no I don't have it anymore, most of my RM2K3 files got erased when I moved to RMXP sorry.

One last thing before i go. I noticed you have multiple backups of the rpg_rt.exe in the games folder.. when posting another demo remove them and the size will go down by a lot.. when i did it went down to 3.25mb (around 3mb). Other than that and the glitches the game is going great so far! Cya ;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yay, 100th post.

Thanks for the name bar thingy.lol. Do you think I should change the other ones font too or leave it?

I didn't realize I did that. srry. I kept updating the zip file with 7-zip and I guess it just added a rpg_rt everytime.

I'm going to figure out the way to enter the hgero's name if it kills me. Holy crap, I think I just thought of it. instead of in messages /n[1] have the varia...
    never mind. I have to store numbers in variables, so never mind that idea. I'll figure out how to do that custom name system if it kills me. I think I saw the game you're talkingabout, or it was one with the same idea for the name system. If anyone has any ideas, post them please.

RMXP:2
    RM2K3:0

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back