• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Lustrous Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pokemon: Lustrous Emerald (provisional title)
    Relive one of the classic GBA plots, in the region of Hoenn!

Features:
    - Made in RMXP
    - Over 200 Pokémon to catch!
    - Updated graphics!
    - New areas to explore!
    - Fun post-E4 quests!
    - The chance to use your Pokémon in other games! (see below)

The Aim:
    Systems are in development for other projects that enable Pokémon to be transferred from one fan game to another, in a similar manner to that of Pal Park in D/P/Pt. With this simple revamp of Emerald, you'll be able to use your Regis and Rayquaza in other games. Even if it never comes to fruition, I hope to create a faithful remake nonetheless, which I may update if subsequent generations of Pokémon warrant it.

Extended Plot(s):
    Mew + The Oreaga Triangle
    Before boarding the boat to the Battle Frontier after defeating the Elite 4, Captain Briney shows you an Old Sea Chart he has found. It shows the ancient islands known as the Oreaga Triangle, and he relays the myths about lost ships and Pokémon in those treacherous waters. He wishes to investigate these mysteries, and to locate Mew, which is thought to be resident there. If you agree to accompany him on the expedition (he will remain at the port until you do) you set sail and, in stormy weather, are shipwrecked on one of the islands, and are forced to battle your way through them while the Captain stays on the beach fixing the boat. The islands are overgrown, and there are no other people there, so the captain heals your Pokémon every time you meet. There are also rare, foreign Pokémon there, and you'll find them to be much more powerful than most wild ones you've seen on your travels. Along the way, you bump into goons from Aqua, who appear to be after Mew as the ancestor of all other Pokémon. After much travelling, and defeating all the grunts, you discover mysterious braille in a cave, and following its instructions, you find Mew (#202 in the minorly altered Hoenn Dex) and you attempt to catch it.

Deoxys
    Once you have discovered and battled Mew, an Aqua admin, realising that he is acting wrongly, shows you a hidden part of the map, which is a long northerly route, which leads to one of the sister island chain's islands, known as Birth Island. Yes, the Oreaga Triangle is south-west of the Sevii Islands, but only Birth will be accessible. There, the members of Magma are trying to steal Deoxys' meteorite to fulfil their dreams. After defeating them, you can awaken Deoxys (#201) by the old puzzle, and capture it if you wish.
    Then, once that's over, the other bad guy shows you a missing part of the map, which shows a sea route to Birth Island, where you then travel, and you're trying to stop

Jirachi
    Jirachi (#203) will be found inside the Artisan Cave, as he does in the manga, but the details are unspecified as yet.

Team:
    This game is being led by me, with the team made up of Hypergaming Studios

Show your support:
    If you want to show your support and help advertise for me at the same time, feel free to place this banner in your signature with the link to this thread:

Thanks go to Luka for that :D

Screenshots:

Updated region map

Brendan in Littleroot Town

Meeting May on Route 103

In Birch's lab (unfinished)

Credits:
    Kyledove - Tiles and overworlds
    Poccil, Flameguru and everyone else for their work on Essentials, with which this will be built

If there are any details you're unsure of, please ask away. I'll post some preliminary screenshots tomorrow morning. If you're interested in helping out with eventing or tiling, post or contact me. I want this to be as good as it can, so I'd like examples of previous work if you're to join. Oh, and if you have any ideas about possible quests after you've beaten the E4, I'm more than happy to hear them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Looks good and I am developing a script that allows any fangame to trade over the internet with any other fangame with the same script.
    This will allow trading between different fangames.
    The only problem is that the pokemon have to be in both games.
    That won't be a problem for you however cause, so far you don't have any fakemon.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    There is already a script like that in RMXP... You can trade between 2 versions easy!

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • THis has full support of hypergame studios now. Anybody who joins this joins Hypergame Studio.

@NikNaks, do you want me to update the request post in my sig with this game? or post another one?

I am remapping hoenn for Blue Chrome already, Will that help with this project?

Years
  • Looks good and I am developing a script that allows any fangame to trade over the internet with any other fangame with the same script.
    This will allow trading between different fangames.
    The only problem is that the pokemon have to be in both games.
    That won't be a problem for you however cause, so far you don't have any fakemon.
    I don't intend to add Pokémon so that shouldn't be an issue. Have you contacted the PE:O team, as I think they're intending to do something similar.
    There is already a script like that in RMXP... You can trade between 2 versions easy!
    Really? I'd like to see that.
    THis has full support of hypergame studios now. Anybody who joins this joins Hypergame Studio.

@NikNaks, do you want me to update the request post in my sig with this game? or post another one?

I'm not too worried about recruiting team members yet. I'll make some progress first, and then see what I need.

If you've remapped Hoenn, that would be good. How far have you got?

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • uhhh, wellll.....
    I WAS to the 3rd gym before my xp laptop that has rpgmaker xp crashed and I just got the laptop back last night. It lost all the files. So I have to start over. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I know there is a trading script but, I don't think it can trade between fangames.
    What I want to do is trad epokemon from say, raptor to amethyst.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I know there is a trading script but, I don't think it can trade between fangames.

Hoiw would you calculate in the different Fakemon?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012

You still can if the trade server is on the server list, thats first grade really...

and for fakemon if you traded a fakemon with the ID of 001 in the pokedex the other person would get a bulbasaur with the moveset of the fakemon lmao.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Personally i'm not using any servers.
    And how I'm doing it both games must include the same fakemon.

Years
  • Anyway, that's not too relevant to this project, so if you have anything to say about this, please do.

How's this for a post E4 quest - you go to the space station in Mossdeep and you do go to space and find Jirachi. Heck, why not?

Years
  • Hm. Okay then. Could you two come up with a suitable event for Jirachi? As it's a Hoenn Pokémon without an in-game location, I thought I should give it one here. I thought the space center idea was a funny one because of all the rumours about being able to capture legendaries from there. If that doesn't work, what do we do with the space center? We've gotta use it somehow. Ideas?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • um i thought Jirachi was buried underground for 10000 years or something...

Do you mean Deoxys??

Nah...he means Jirachi. It was one of the many "myths" about Emerald. Supposedly you were able to get one in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

Dusty Dog

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • No but isn't Deoxys from space and Jirachi was a wish maker hidden in the earth that would come out once every 10,000 years...
    i'm sure that's right hmm...

Aw man Luka u just confused the hell out of me

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I don't think resources being made for Blue Chrome are allowed to be in another project :/ I know Luka doesn't want me to share the scripts I've written for the project. I could be wrong though.

Years
  • Nah...he means Jirachi. It was one of the many "myths" about Emerald. Supposedly you were able to get one in the Japanese version.

No but isn't Deoxys from space and Jirachi was a wish maker hidden in the earth that would come out once every 10,000 years...
    i'm sure that's right hmm...

Aw man Luka u just confused the hell out of me

Yeah that's what it is Dusty Dog.
    Okay, okay. Can you suggest a more appropriate event for Jirachi, then?

I don't think resources being made for Blue Chrome are allowed to be in another project :/ I know Luka doesn't want me to share the scripts I've written for the project. I could be wrong though.
    I've cleared it with Luka already. He's less worried about maps being shared than losing the uniqueness of the scripts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Don't think that getting the old legendaries in Amethyst will be that easy :P
    It's up to the creator of the game to decide whether to allow their game to trade with others; for example, I could make it impossible for Amethyst to trade with other games simply by changing the game ID in the network script. And obviously, there's the issue of new Pokemon; I guess if I tried to trade a new Pokemon from Amethyst to another game, it would simply crash the other game (since it can't load the info or sprite of the new Pokemon). It's a cool idea though, as long as you get other game makers interested.

Anyway, I have one problem with a Hoenn remake in RMXP. RMXP's graphics aren't really better than the GBAs, so it won't seem all that different; in comparison, HG/SS are completely in 3D, and have much better hardware to use. Wth RMXP, you're never going to make full use of the PC's capability. Unless you can at least match the features of the real Emerald (contests and the Battle Frontier are the main things), then many people would still rather play that. To be honest, I prefer Emerald's portability over any new features here. But I'm sure others will disagree :P

The region map looks pretty good, although I'm not too sure why the sea routes are white; I think they would look better if they were blue, like in the original.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I have a feeling more and more Hoenn based fan games will pop up a lot more now.
    It seems logical for fans want to remake Hoenn in the wake of a revamp of Johto by the official developers.

I look forward to seeing what can be brought to the table with this game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back