• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pokemon Master Red: Fan club -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Well I agree on South Park.
    Red is cooler than Ash in many ways.
    Yes Ash travels new regions capture many pokemons in any region he goes too but that didn't make him a Pokemon Master. If just the author continues the story of Red he maybe the champion of all Pokemon Leagues on many region and he may caught all the Pokemons. Unlike Ash didn't even became a League Champion and doesn't catch all the pokemons on every region he goes. Well again just saying my opinion. If you want me to ask why I hate Ash that much well I can give you too a bunch of answers just ask.

UPDATE!!!!

Saur Lvl 40
    Poli Lvl 35
    Vee (Jolteon) Lvl 38
    Pika Lvl 40
    Gyara Lvl 40
    Lax Lvl 38

On the way to Saffron to stop the Team Rocket but first I will train for a bit

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Actually, yes, Ash DID become a League Champion.

Besides that, what I'm saying is this: You can't say Red is a Master just because you WANT HIM to be called a master. It isn't canon. Pokemon clubs are based on canon, just like every other forum in the Pokemon section.

Master Red = NOT canon.

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Okay miss... in this forum WE love Red and we treat him as a POKEMON MASTER. And better stay away with that ASH topic coz we aren't having any of that in our forum that's why our club name is "Pokemon Master: Red fan club" no Ash involve. If we want Red became a Pokemon Master we can and we are game and manga based not in anime so please stop that Ash topic okay. just saying

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    I am very much interested in joining this club :) Red was one of my childhood heroes.

Username: krabbypatz93
    Favourite pokemon: Pikachu! the first Pokemon I ever had back when I was a young'n. I have it tatted on my arm! :)
    Favourite type: Fire
    Reason for joining:
    Huge fan of Red :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ash became champion of the Orange Islands. Which is a small league. Not exactly what I would call a 'master'.

Remember that there is currently no definitely of what a Master could be yet. It's vague. We don't know if it's capturing all the Pokemon (in case Crystal from PokeSpe takes the spot. And technically before 600+ more pokemon game!Red could be if you caught all the Pokemon in your game) or something else. It could simply be someone who beat the elite four and has high recognitions for their achievements in which several variations of Red has that.

Also no one said that Pokemon Clubs have to be based on canon. A lot of clubs is on speculations, theories, and headcanons as far as I'm concerned as well. To stick strictly to canon is boring and doesn't wield as much discussion as if we didn't stick to it.

So frankly. We can call him a Master if we wish. It's our opinions whether he is a master or not and in general it just sounds better than 'Pokemon Trainer Red'. And honestly it's just the title of the thread. But clearly you're simply here to bother us and bring down any opinion that we have with your stubbornness so if you respond I'll probably just ignore you. ♥

Anyways.

welcome to the club, krabbypatz! There isn't much going on around here but perhaps something will happen sooner or later?

TY

Favourite pokemon: Blastoise
    Favourite type: Dark
    Reason for joining: I really liked Red in HG/SS since he was pretty tough to beat without preperation :D

Also i'd like to notify that the owner (southpark32) isnt really able to post on the last page due to it freezing, i just got told that by her.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    hello!

Red Challenge Update: i am failing, though blunt its completely true... between x-y and time restraints i haven't had much time to continue. With that said... I have not given up!!! anyway, the update is in the signature as always :P

it seems i missed an argument, red's is the master. Period.

by the way, i can't seem to load this page on my kindle, good to know i'm not the only one with that kind of problem.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • A bit late on the whole topic of Pokemon masters, but I reckon I can still throw in my input on the whole thing :p

Basically, I feel like there's no real definition of a Pokemon master, and that it's entirely up to each individual to decide what it takes to become a Pokemon master. I reckon the original requirements were to simply become the champion and catch 'em all, but the entire franchise, the entire concept, basically everything about Pokemon has expanded immensely since R/B/G/Y, so there's no longer really any set definition on what a Pokemon master is, and the only reason someone like Ash is chasing that goal, is because that was his dream from when there actually were set requirements for him to reach to actually become one. But now they're just holding onto it, because it'd make no sense to change his goal. Meaning Ash will be forever stuck roaming around the world, trying to achieve something he doesn't know how to become ;) Well at least that's my bet.

But as for whether Red or Ash could be considered Pokemon masters; there's multiple things you'd have to take into account. First of all, how does one become a Pokemon master, which I've already explained my opinion on. Second of all, have any of them even reached what the (supposed) original definition of a Pokemon master is. We know that Ash definitely hasn't caught 'em all, and in all honesty, it doesn't really appear to be that high priority to anymore, so if catching all Pokemon plays a role in whether or not one is a Pokemon master, he definitely isn't one. But when the list of Pokemon keeps expanding every few years, I think it may be a bit too much of a requirement anyways :p But what about becoming a champion? So far, the only competitions he's ever really succeeded in are smaller ones scattered around the region, the Orange Islands league, and of course the Battle Frontier, while ranking pretty high in all the league tournaments he's taken part in. And while beating the Battle Frontier is quite a big feat, could he really be considered a champion through that? Again, it's up to each to decide on that in my opinion, but it can all be cut pretty short by pointing out, that if becoming a Pokemon master is actually his goal, he mustn't have reached it yet, if he's still out there travelling around :p

As for Red, it's both kinda hard to say, and kind of not. I mean, looking at it one way, the Red from the games definitely became a Pokemon master, since he became the champion and caught 'em all, but really, we were the ones who were controlling Red, and one thing there's always been huge emphasis on within the Pokemon games, is for players to continue the battles with their friends, to determine who's the best. And that's really a neverending battle, meaning the title of Pokemon master never really stayed with one person. Again, it's kinda tough to say, and really up to each to how they wanna interpret it, so there's not really a simple conclusion to this.

The NPC version of Red never really continued past Johto either though, and as he was defeated by the player in G/S/C and HG/SS anyways, could he really still be considered a Pokemon master?

All in all, personally I don't really believe either of the two could be considered Pokemon masters, but I feel like that's up to one self to decide, since there's not set definition on what a Pokemon master actually is :p

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry for not being active, I wasn't home. Now I am and I can start posting again! :D

Adding new members to the club.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back