• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pokemon Master Red: Fan club -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sweet! Which means I should probably get back to the challenge and get that damned Brave Poliwag with Damp so I can continue haha. At least getting Water Stones are easy in FR/LG!

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Well better get started now...

Update

Saur
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nailed it (well after many try)

Is there a Damp ability in Gen 3?

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I want to do the chalange on my blue version but its save file doesnt hold anymore (internal battery?). Also since i got a nuslock going on my fire red so i cant use that eather. It shouldn't be different if i do it on leaf green right? I dont think his pokemon are secluded to one of the games but ya never know.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Well better get started now...

Update

Saur
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nailed it (well after many try)

Is there a Damp ability in Gen 3?
    I believe there is. :)
    I want to do the chalange on my blue version but its save file doesnt hold anymore (internal battery?). Also since i got a nuslock going on my fire red so i cant use that eather. It shouldn't be different if i do it on leaf green right? I dont think his pokemon are secluded to one of the games but ya never know.

Yup, you can play it on LG. It's fine. :p

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Love that you're making a club activity out of the challenge, however don't forget to keep discussion focused on Red ;)

As for why it took so long for them to make an anime based on the actual characters, I believe Ash was originally going to be Red, especially considering his first rival was Gary, one, on whom it's definitely clear, was based on the rival from the games. Red's team in HG/SS was also heavily influenced by Ash's team in the anime, because how else would they think to give him a really overleveled Pikachu. But yeah, Pokemon was originally intended for a younger demographic, which, despite his repetitive acts of stupidity and the fact that he keeps resetting every time he travels to a new region, still love Ash, because he's just the type of comedic character they like. And while older fans hate him, and younger fan who've grown older have grown tired of him as well, it hasn't really changed their minds on giving those fans another show, despite their complaints, most likely because they were content with their views.

However, it's really clear that they're trying to make a second breakthrough with Pokemon X and Y, considering all the changes they've made, the other games that are gonna be released, etc., and it appears as though that they're also trying to drag the old fans back into the games again, by bringing back a lot of things from the previous generations. First of all, they seem to have a big focus on Mewtwo in this generation, considering he was brought back with a mega evolution, and has a lead role in the upcoming movie. And they've already given mega evolutions to starters from previous gens, (all three starters of the first gen games, and Blaziken in gen 3 so far, two of the most popular generations of games so far), which they've also made available in the games. In Black and White they were really focused on making the generation its own, and allowing very few Pokemon from previous generations to be caught in the games. They obviously realised this was a mistake once B2W2 were out, and with what they're doing with X&Y now.

And then there's the special of course. No one really knows how long it's gonna be, but this is clearly for the older fans, and whether it's just a gift from Nintendo, or if it's part of their scheme to draw in older fans, I don't know, but I think it's the right choice. If the special turns out to be well made, then I'm sure fans would be supportive enough to try and have it made into its own series, the question is just whether or not Nintendo will do that :p

But yeah, totally excited for the special. I just hope they don't make Red into another Ash character, and actually give us someone who's good at battling this time ;)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I agree with whats above, if they make the Red in the special series like ash i will be pretty dissapointed with pokemon. Red is Red! Dont ruin him on us! Please!

Ok im better now :)

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • If they make Red act like Ash or even worse, I'll be pretty pissed off. But, let's have some faith in them. :)

1175389_477961968967449_1105424543_n.jpg

Here's the sketch I just made. Draw it or leave it?

Last edited:

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Well yeah... I agreed on that. Ash and Red are totally different and Red is way better than Ash, (just saying).

Update!!!

Now in Viridian Forest and Hunting for Pika.
    Nature Hunting is so Hard, well that was the thrill of this challenge.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Well yeah... I agreed on that. Ash and Red are totally different and Red is way better than Ash, (just saying).

Update!!!

Now in Viridian Forest and Hunting for Pika.
    Nature Hunting is so Hard, well that was the thrill of this challenge.

GL finding it. I'm playing HG version right now, I'll start the Red challenge pretty soon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I think it's very unlikely that their interpretation of Red will be just another Red, since I reckon part of the reason they're making this special, may be to give us an alternative to Ash, because of all the hate he's gotten, but considering it's only gonna be a special, and not its own series, I'm not sure whether that assumption leaks. It may be that they wanna get the fan response before deciding on whether or not to make it into its own series, but again, that may not be as likely, since the FR/LG adventures can only fill up so many episodes while still keeping them interesting :p

But in any case, I doubt they're gonna make Red another Ash, since I'm sure they're aware of the amount of hate he's received over the years, but whether they're gonna make him a good character or not is not something that can be answered yet :p

I may join in on the Red challenge at one point or another, but I have no idea with which game or whether I'm willing to go nature hunting for and stuff ;)

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I think it's very unlikely that their interpretation of Red will be just another Red, since I reckon part of the reason they're making this special, may be to give us an alternative to Ash, because of all the hate he's gotten, but considering it's only gonna be a special, and not its own series, I'm not sure whether that assumption leaks. It may be that they wanna get the fan response before deciding on whether or not to make it into its own series, but again, that may not be as likely, since the FR/LG adventures can only fill up so many episodes while still keeping them interesting :p

But in any case, I doubt they're gonna make Red another Ash, since I'm sure they're aware of the amount of hate he's received over the years, but whether they're gonna make him a good character or not is not something that can be answered yet :p

I may join in on the Red challenge at one point or another, but I have no idea with which game or whether I'm willing to go nature hunting for and stuff ;)

I'm sure it's gonna be popular enough to become its own series. I love FR/LG, and I'm going to look forward to it. ^^

Yes, they should be aware of that by now.

Well, FR would be a good suggestion, or the original Red version (no nature hunting yay).

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Here is something to think about, if there baseing this on FR/LG, do you think that in the series will have technology from the early 2000s like when the game was relesed or technology from today. Like if theres flatscreens or an cone backed tv's, or even in red's room if there's a NES or a WII U? I am pretty shure he will have the pokedex from FR/LG, but even thats a mystery.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Not only that but the Red in the special looks more like the Red from FR/LG than the Red from the original RBG. After all, the original Red was deemed to have black hair and different clothing while the hair and the clothing of this Red is of FR/LG.

Green/Blue/Gary (whatever) isn't really wearing any clothing from any of the games (closest would have to be Red/Blue sprite) but that's a discussion for another place.

Years
  • Username: Cirno
    Favourite pokemon: Espeon!
    Favourite type: Electric
    Reason for joining: Big Red fan ever since good 'ol days of the Kanto manga saga and G/S/C. Red's silence in the Johto games is always shivers-inducing and I frequently went to rebattle him as a kid just to read through that part again, baha. He's a hilarious yet tough trainer in the manga and I really want to see more of him! ..now I want to re-read the Kanto saga of Pokemon Adventures. Again.

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?
    I really love his shapeshifting Eevee. That was a really cool idea and Red was super sweet to take the little guy in. It's an Espeon now though and I'm really glad that he got such a great trainer. <3

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Username: Cirno
    Favourite pokemon: Espeon!
    Favourite type: Electric
    Reason for joining: Big Red fan ever since good 'ol days of the Kanto manga saga and G/S/C. Red's silence in the Johto games is always shivers-inducing and I frequently went to rebattle him as a kid just to read through that part again, baha. He's a hilarious yet tough trainer in the manga and I really want to see more of him! ..now I want to re-read the Kanto saga of Pokemon Adventures. Again.

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?
    I really love his shapeshifting Eevee. That was a really cool idea and Red was super sweet to take the little guy in. It's an Espeon now though and I'm really glad that he got such a great trainer. <3

I hope there's more of Red in the future, he's an awesome trainer! I loved his arc in the manga, I read it 2 times already. When I had to battle Red on Mt. Silver for the first time, the music gave me goosebumps! You can watch the video I posted (Me VS. Red), it's somewhere in the thread. ^^

Signing you up.

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Me too, Currently in crystal arc now, the online scan of this manga is somewhat messed up. But still I love the Red Arc it is the best of the best.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • Me too, Currently in crystal arc now, the online scan of this manga is somewhat messed up. But still I love the Red Arc it is the best of the best.

I'm yet to reach that part I am still only in the 2nd volume of the manga. Red is legit and one of the reasons is that his Pokemon actually evolve(I get tired of seeing Ash use the same Pokemon to battle and most of them never end up evolving, i.e. bulbasaur).

But I'm not an Ash hater even though he can be a complete dunce :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back