• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Memories. Intrusive or entertaining?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    So in X&Y's Anistar city, just outside the Pokemon Center, is a Furisode Girl who offers to check your Pokemon's memories, free of charge. While completely irrelevant to the gameplay, I can't help but enjoy the little blurbs that help me see inside the minds of my Poke' pals; and understanding their feelings about me, as their trainer and the experiences shares on our journey together. I'll go ahead and share a few that I found cure and interesting, and encourage others to do the same. :)

Looking at my Starchild's (shiny Umbreon's) memories, I was told by the Furisode Girl that "Starchild saw Saya secretly pick up something at a riverside city. The Pokemon remembers that it got overwhelmed with emotion."

I laughed at this because as I was in battle with Starchild, shortly before having its memories read, he was jumping around excitedly and the pre-battle blurb I got was that he seemed to be interested in something in my bag. So I like how that kind of tied in together.

Reading my Hawkeye's (Fletchinder's) memory revealed that "when Pumpkaboo jumped out, Hawkeye was surprised and ran away with Saya. The Pokemon remembers that it felt sorry."

Now, I found this one to be both cute and a little bit sad. Like Hawkeye just seemed so hard on herself; as if it was her fault for being scared and running, when I- the trainer- made the decision to avoid battling the wild Pumpkaboo. I can't help but feel really bad. ):

There's another blurb that I simply found hilarious, and this one's from my un-nicknamed Watchog. It said; "Watchog was excited when Saya won with her lotto ticket and won prizes like PP ups. The Pokemon remembers that it got teary-eyed." This just made my morning. Honestly. I was smiling something fierce . I had captured Watchog only a few hours before, and just to learn that it was already so attached to me that such raw, pure emotion; such unbridled happiness was drawn out of it, in the short time we spent together; all because I happened to win 2nd place in the Lumiose lotto...it was just nuts! XD Such crazy, loving support from my Poke' pals- it really is something!

Yipes. Knocked off the first page with no replies? Bummer.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I use this from time to time. I did notice that she did make a mistake with one of my Pokémon though...forget which one though. I find Blaziken's memory most interesting as she says he has a interesting memory, but he can't recall it...proably due to it being an event legendary.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I use this from time to time. I did notice that she did make a mistake with one of my Pokémon though...forget which one though. I find Blaziken's memory most interesting as she says he has a interesting memory, but he can't recall it...proably due to it being an event legendary.
    She did. I didn't think that could happen. I wonder what kind of mistake it was.
    I was intrigued with event torchic/ Blaziken's memory reading. If it's interesting, I wanna knooow! -whine- Way to torture curious trainers, like that DX

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I didnt even know this feature existed! Most of the pokemon remebered stuff that i didnt even remember. But my Gardevoir did remeber evolving from Kirilia when i was at the elite four. Also the Rufflet i evolved into Braviary remembered when its OT caught it and traded it to me. very interesting feature.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I didnt even know this feature existed! Most of the pokemon remebered stuff that i didnt even remember. But my Gardevoir did remeber evolving from Kirilia when i was at the elite four. Also the Rufflet i evolved into Braviary remembered when its OT caught it and traded it to me. very interesting feature.
    That's why you talk to everyone. And just when you think you've talked to them all, you go back and talk to them all again to make sure you haven't missed anyone saying/ offering anything interesting. :)
    I think it's kind of cute that then you check traded Pokemon's memories, they remember their history with their OT's, but at the same time, it's kind of annoying, like they're longing for their old OT, with those memories brought up. Makes me feel like I'm not worthy to have those traded refugees with me.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • It's a neat little feature that I use every now and then. My Pokemon seem to remember the weirdest things, like Jolteon remembering the time I taught it Volt Switch, Sableye remembering the time I used a bunch of Irons on it. I think I would've preffered it if the memories changed after a while, so I didn't always get the same dialog. I do like, though, how traded Pokemon remember all their previous trainers.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's a neat little feature that I use every now and then. My Pokemon seem to remember the weirdest things, like Jolteon remembering the time I taught it Volt Switch, Sableye remembering the time I used a bunch of Irons on it. I think I would've preffered it if the memories changed after a while, so I didn't always get the same dialog. I do like, though, how traded Pokemon remember all their previous trainers.
    The memories actually do change after awhile. At least my Yvetal's recollections did. I had her check it yesterday and instead of remembering me capturing it at a Secret Base it now remembers something else.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think it's a pretty cool feature, though I only used it once and it mentioned something about battling the first Gym Leader, as it was my starter. I think little things like this just make the game all that more realistic feeling because it shows the game isn't as linear as the games before it.

Back