• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
If this is a game maked with Pokémon Essentials, why don't you use better graphics?

I think this game could be better.

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Meh, browsing this Forum for years now and this game made me register here now because I can't hold back commenting^^

First of all, I'm not really into anything that has something to do with Metal, so... I might miss a ton of references there. This game still has some nice and interesting concepts, so far I really like it. It has a really great balance between a classic game and differences to that as well as some good story points :)

I just walk along and do side quests whenever they pop up or I'm in the area to do them. While going smoothly at first I ran into some difficulties here and there ...

As for the point of the game I'm currently in, I've just completed the 8th gym and on my way to complete one or another side quest again. Still missing Dive and Waterfall, I'm supposed to get those later I presume?

1. Item fetch quests
I'm talking about the 7 Hard Stones you are supposed to farm. Are you sure that wild Arons have Hard Stones here?
So far I tried to farm them with my HM Slave (Lioone) for about 1 hour with Covet. I haven't been able to get any, but I managed to grab about a dozend twisted spoons from Abras at the same time >.>
No idea how that Poison Barb fetch quest will turn out then, haven't tried that yet.

2. Is it just me or is the ability pickup a bit weird in this game?
ok, I haven't used that since gen3, thus I might be a bit outdated about the mechanics here ... but sometimes I can run around for 40+ minutes in an area without finding anything and sometimes I find something every 4-5 minutes ... running around in the same area.

3. I've propably done the Eevee fetch quest for that guy in Laniston propably way earlier than I'm supposed to ... ok, you warn that he has strong Pokemon, but ... lets say, I was very lucky to have a level 30 Haunter with Night Shade and a level 30 Lucario at the time I walked by the Forest again, those were able to beat his 45++ Pokes :D
I was caught off guard by that strength however, would have been nice to have some minor assumptions at what levels those are^^

4. While finding that Hikers phone on Mt. Priest that burgler came and ran away with that ... despite being beaten up by Garchomp the moment bevore. While I like plot twists I don't think you can just walk by a giant Dragon and grab that thing anyway, a company that sneaks by during the battle grabbing that thing would have been better in that case imo^^
Where that burgler went is a mystery to me, but ... am I right at the assumption that I need Dive for that in the nearby lake? Or where is he supposed to be^^

5. The Lucario side quest is still in my Quest log despite completing it ... it's stuck in there...

6. The move Arial Ace is bugged. If the user of Arial Ace gets to move first the other person can't hit the user with anything then...

7. The Legendary side quest from that Professor in Rainbow can't be done, when talking to that guy in Thrill City I don't have the option to sail to that Raurog Island...

8. I got that Soothe Bell fetch quest way early game and still haven't found it. Either I'm missing something or you get that way too late? >.>

9. Am I right in the assumption that the Lost Ring side quest needs Waterfall?...

10. Where to get Munna for that one side quest? I've only encountered Musharna so far, not the little one anywhere ...

11. So far it's a mystery to me where to get Ampharos for that one guy in the Power Plant ... haven't found a single Mareep yet^^

12. There's a guy on the beach of Thrill City that gives you a quest to fetch him a Weilmer, that doesn't appear in your Quest Log.

13. Where and how am I supposed to find Weilmer? I surved about 30 Minutes on each location the dex shows me but haven't found a single one...

14. While Mega Luc has better stats than regular Luc his ability doesn't seem to change. When I look at him during a battle the attack is clearly better, but the ability is still Steadfast instead of Adabtability... ok, he's strong enough as he is right now, but still :D

edit:
15. Just standing in the E4 now, the 67 Hydragon from the dark guy only granted 3xx exp for my 60 luc >.>

16. You can't use Fly outside the Poke Center in front of the Leage... ?

one last thing bevore ending this ... some of those quests are just a pure pain, getting Alakazam for example ... just get that thing to 45, that was team niveau minus 5-7 by the time I did that >.>

ok, that's all for now ... [/walloftext]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Hi, after downloading the file I just found an extract option, but it doesn't allows me to play, What do I have to do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Meh, browsing this Forum for years now and this game made me register here now because I can't hold back commenting^^

First of all, I'm not really into anything that has something to do with Metal, so... I might miss a ton of references there. This game still has some nice and interesting concepts, so far I really like it. It has a really great balance between a classic game and differences to that as well as some good story points :)

I just walk along and do side quests whenever they pop up or I'm in the area to do them. While going smoothly at first I ran into some difficulties here and there ...

As for the point of the game I'm currently in, I've just completed the 8th gym and on my way to complete one or another side quest again. Still missing Dive and Waterfall, I'm supposed to get those later I presume?
Hi! Thanks for playing the game, I'm really glad you like it :) Too bad you're not into metal, because you really do miss a ton of references. As for Dive and Waterfall, yeah, you get them later in the game. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll find them.

1. Item fetch quests
I'm talking about the 7 Hard Stones you are supposed to farm. Are you sure that wild Arons have Hard Stones here?
So far I tried to farm them with my HM Slave (Lioone) for about 1 hour with Covet. I haven't been able to get any, but I managed to grab about a dozend twisted spoons from Abras at the same time >.>
No idea how that Poison Barb fetch quest will turn out then, haven't tried that yet.
Yes, Arons do hold hardstones, although they are uncommon. Corsolas, Nosepasses, Roggenrolas, Dwebbles & their evolutions hold hardstones, too. Unfortunately, the engineer's quest chain is something that I have failed to complete in the game. The way I pictured it in my head turned out to be too complicated to create, so I just abandoned it. Sorry about that :(
As for the poison barbs, the scientist will only reward you an item (a TM) once you complete it. Nothing special.

2. Is it just me or is the ability pickup a bit weird in this game?
ok, I haven't used that since gen3, thus I might be a bit outdated about the mechanics here ... but sometimes I can run around for 40+ minutes in an area without finding anything and sometimes I find something every 4-5 minutes ... running around in the same area.
The abilities were programmed by the people who created (and regularly update) Pokemon Essentials. I, myself, didn't do any editing there.

3. I've propably done the Eevee fetch quest for that guy in Laniston propably way earlier than I'm supposed to ... ok, you warn that he has strong Pokemon, but ... lets say, I was very lucky to have a level 30 Haunter with Night Shade and a level 30 Lucario at the time I walked by the Forest again, those were able to beat his 45++ Pokes :D
I was caught off guard by that strength however, would have been nice to have some minor assumptions at what levels those are^^
Yeah, I really wanted that to surprise players :D I'm glad you were able to defeat him, congrats.

4. While finding that Hikers phone on Mt. Priest that burgler came and ran away with that ... despite being beaten up by Garchomp the moment bevore. While I like plot twists I don't think you can just walk by a giant Dragon and grab that thing anyway, a company that sneaks by during the battle grabbing that thing would have been better in that case imo^^
Where that burgler went is a mystery to me, but ... am I right at the assumption that I need Dive for that in the nearby lake? Or where is he supposed to be^^
Well, that is a good idea. I was going by the "trained Pokemon don't hurt people" rule, but your idea makes more sense. Thanks for pointing that out. And yes, you do need Dive to continue that quest.

5. The Lucario side quest is still in my Quest log despite completing it ... it's stuck in there...
Which one? There are at least 3 Lucario quests (Big Lucario fan, sorry about that xD). I'm sorry about the bug, too. That might be a bit more trouble than it seems, given how complex the quest log is. One minor bug can change the whole thing :\ Again, sorry about that. If you run into any major trouble, send me your save file via PM, I will fix it and resend it.

6. The move Arial Ace is bugged. If the user of Arial Ace gets to move first the other person can't hit the user with anything then...
Moves, just like abilities, were created by the creators of Pokemon Essentials. I didn't do any programming there.

7. The Legendary side quest from that Professor in Rainbow can't be done, when talking to that guy in Thrill City I don't have the option to sail to that Raurog Island...
Captain Morgan will offer you free boat trips once you become the Champ. I didn't want players to be able to reach the Pokemon League with strong legendary Pokemon. Don't worry, it can be completed, only later :)

8. I got that Soothe Bell fetch quest way early game and still haven't found it. Either I'm missing something or you get that way too late? >.>
To be honest, I've no idea where you can find a Soothe Bell xD I'm sure it can be found somewhere, but I'm really not sure about the exact location.

9. Am I right in the assumption that the Lost Ring side quest needs Waterfall?...
Yeah, it does. I could tell you where to find Waterfall, but I wouldn't want to spoil it. Don't worry, you have to find it in order to complete the game, so it isn't hard to find it :)

10. Where to get Munna for that one side quest? I've only encountered Musharna so far, not the little one anywhere ...
Munna can only be encountered on the Raurog Island. You can breed Musharna, though.

11. So far it's a mystery to me where to get Ampharos for that one guy in the Power Plant ... haven't found a single Mareep yet^^
Mareeps are pretty common on Route 9.

12. There's a guy on the beach of Thrill City that gives you a quest to fetch him a Weilmer, that doesn't appear in your Quest Log.
That was actually the first quest I've created. When I first tried to create the quest log, I thought it was too complicated so I gave up on the idea, and just decided to create quest without the possibility of keeping track of them. So I created the Wailmer quest. After a while, I realized that it was too simple, so I put some work into it and created the quest log. Since the Wailmer quest was created before the quest log itself, I didn't update it to show up in the quest log (for some reason, probably laziness xD ).

13. Where and how am I supposed to find Weilmer? I surved about 30 Minutes on each location the dex shows me but haven't found a single one...
You have to fish for them using the super rod.

14. While Mega Luc has better stats than regular Luc his ability doesn't seem to change. When I look at him during a battle the attack is clearly better, but the ability is still Steadfast instead of Adabtability... ok, he's strong enough as he is right now, but still :D
Well.... I guess I forgot to add the ability change. I really should update that. Thanks for notifying me.

edit:
15. Just standing in the E4 now, the 67 Hydragon from the dark guy only granted 3xx exp for my 60 luc >.>
Really? That's weird.... I should look into that. Might be a bug on my side, or a Pokemon Essentials error, but either way, that should not happen and needs to be fixed soon. Again, thanks for notifying me.

16. You can't use Fly outside the Poke Center in front of the Leage... ?

one last thing bevore ending this ... some of those quests are just a pure pain, getting Alakazam for example ... just get that thing to 45, that was team niveau minus 5-7 by the time I did that >.>

ok, that's all for now ... [/walloftext]
Wow... the area outside the Pokemon League acts like an inside space. It most likely isn't dark there during night, either. That needs fixing right away. Sorry about that.

And yeah, I realize some quests are a pain xD But that keeps you busy for a while, and it feels better once you finally complete them.

I'm really glad you like the game. Hope you have fun until you finish it :) Again, sorry about all the bugs :(

Hi, after downloading the file I just found an extract option, but it doesn't allows me to play, What do I have to do?
Simply extract the files and run "Game.exe". Have fun :)

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
I've become the champ by now and despite me usually being overleveled I was suddenly equal to underleveled compared to the Top4 / Champ Teams Oo
Seriously, his Levels being 70++ while mine being only 62/63 was quite challenging ... luckily nothing that can't be handled, but still very challenging :D
Hi! Thanks for playing the game, I'm really glad you like it :) Too bad you're not into metal, because you really do miss a ton of references. As for Dive and Waterfall, yeah, you get them later in the game. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll find them.
At least I've got Waterfall on Victory Road. I was going to Fly from there and complete a few areas where you could use that, but due to the "no fly outside E4 room" bug I have to do it now post becoming champ^^
I've already read some comments for where to expect to get Dive, I've spoilered myself there already. After becomming the champ there is no direction (at least not an obvious one) where to go to progress with the loose ends of the Aqua/Magma/Rocket story, I presume I can at least enter the room the Rocket blocked on mount priest now, thus I'll go and search there now :/

Yes, Arons do hold hardstones, although they are uncommon. Corsolas, Nosepasses, Roggenrolas, Dwebbles & their evolutions hold hardstones, too. Unfortunately, the engineer's quest chain is something that I have failed to complete in the game. The way I pictured it in my head turned out to be too complicated to create, so I just abandoned it. Sorry about that :(
As for the poison barbs, the scientist will only reward you an item (a TM) once you complete it. Nothing special.
kk, if there's nothing special to get in either of those I'll just postpone them for times I really have nothing to do and feel just bored then :D

Yeah, I really wanted that to surprise players :D I'm glad you were able to defeat him, congrats.
well, if you succeed or not at this early point is just luck based, if you have Luc + Haunter it's and auto win, if not pretty much an auto loose if you aren't too lucky I presume :D
thanks anyway :)

Which one? There are at least 3 Lucario quests (Big Lucario fan, sorry about that xD). I'm sorry about the bug, too. That might be a bit more trouble than it seems, given how complex the quest log is. One minor bug can change the whole thing :\ Again, sorry about that. If you run into any major trouble, send me your save file via PM, I will fix it and resend it.
It's the one where you get the Mega Stone as a reward called "Lucario love". So far there's not any trouble aside from it staying there ... except if you have to complete it in order to get others, at least I can't remember comming across any other Luc quest so far or are those only available after being champ? Oo

Captain Morgan will offer you free boat trips once you become the Champ. I didn't want players to be able to reach the Pokemon League with strong legendary Pokemon. Don't worry, it can be completed, only later :)
Then I suggest you let the quest start after becomming the champ, not after getting the 8th badge.

To be honest, I've no idea where you can find a Soothe Bell xD I'm sure it can be found somewhere, but I'm really not sure about the exact location.
hm... then you either get it in the postgame or in a more complicated way then just talking to everyone once ... ... ... like Rock Smash >.>
seriously, I still can course about that one. I always talk to everyone in a town bevore I do major things like gyms and just leave everything then ... because I've already talked to everyone I can't have missed something right? right? ??? ???????? ...
... ... and when I reached the dead end the next route I couldn't find anything I haven't been to bevore in order to get it :D
Maybe there was a spoiler to visit him later? ... If so, I forgot since I made a break for 2 days between talking and doing everything else and the gym in that town...

Munna can only be encountered on the Raurog Island. You can breed Musharna, though.
well, can't get Musharna either anywhere, I've just encountered those with some trainers...
at least it's good to know, maybe give one or another random trainer a Munna in order to get the dex to search for that? :D

Mareeps are pretty common on Route 9.
if so that's pretty much the only thing I've never encountered there >.>
I haven't farmed on that route yet, but at least walked through the grass 2-3 minutes while traveling to Nostram the first time^^

That was actually the first quest I've created. When I first tried to create the quest log, I thought it was too complicated so I gave up on the idea, and just decided to create quest without the possibility of keeping track of them. So I created the Wailmer quest. After a while, I realized that it was too simple, so I put some work into it and created the quest log. Since the Wailmer quest was created before the quest log itself, I didn't update it to show up in the quest log (for some reason, probably laziness xD ).
Laziness, the most comming illness in human history, everybody has it, me too and that far too often ... I can feel for you :)

You have to fish for them using the super rod.
great, now I just have to find out where to get said super rod ... wtf did I miss again, there was at least no problem getting the first 2 rods :D

Wow... the area outside the Pokemon League acts like an inside space. It most likely isn't dark there during night, either. That needs fixing right away. Sorry about that.

And yeah, I realize some quests are a pain xD But that keeps you busy for a while, and it feels better once you finally complete them.
yep, that explains why it was day at 1am there :D
quests keeping someone busy isn't that bad, it can be quite good actually. It's just the way how you get kept busy and I just think that grinding levels for hours is one of the worst things of that department :/
Grinding to level 36 for that quest you need to show the Sceptile wasn't that bad, but everything that gets above a certain Level (which is ~35+-2) is just too much, especially the higher levels are a really unnecassary pain in the BW exp system...

edit:
btw, forgot to state ... nice use of Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross game music, I love those games :D

I've just finished the Rocket Hideout, got Dive, got to the other side of that lake, into the Pyramid and stand there quite confused as to wtf that scene was :D
and no idea were to search next, I've got the feeling that the story isn't over yet, just no idea where it could continue ...
I also found that burgler again standing there, but all he says is that he's not doing anything syspicious, you can't fight him or do anything else... how am I supposed to get the phone back now :D
I've search the area, all I found was a semi hidden lucky egg at the ground of the lake, a quite sunny area (sunny in the middle of the night^^) with nothing in it (I asume Groudon is supposed to be there?) and a Garchompite ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
great, now I just have to find out where to get said super rod ... wtf did I miss again, there was at least no problem getting the first 2 rods :D
I really should have kept track of where to find the important items :( Again, sorry I can't be of much help, but I forgot where I put it xD If you don't find it and get tired of searching, again, send me your save file, and I'll just add it to your inventory.

btw, forgot to state ... nice use of Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross game music, I love those games :D
Yes, thank you :D Finally someone who recognized the music. I love those games so much! In fact, the game I'm working on now is loosely based on Chrono Trigger. It won't be done in over a year, though :\

I've just finished the Rocket Hideout, got Dive, got to the other side of that lake, into the Pyramid and stand there quite confused as to wtf that scene was :D
and no idea were to search next, I've got the feeling that the story isn't over yet, just no idea where it could continue ...
I also found that burgler again standing there, but all he says is that he's not doing anything syspicious, you can't fight him or do anything else... how am I supposed to get the phone back now :D
I've search the area, all I found was a semi hidden lucky egg at the ground of the lake, a quite sunny area (sunny in the middle of the night^^) with nothing in it (I asume Groudon is supposed to be there?) and a Garchompite ...
I believe that, once the scene in the pyramid was over, Giovanni said "Science is on my side". The quest continues in the Rhoads Science Institute. Good luck ;)

As for the burglar, that just might be a bug caused by the Lucario quest bug. A bug in one quest might affect other quests, that's why I said it might be a bigger problem than it seems. However, some people have completed the phone quests, so I know those quests itself aren't bugged. If you could tell me what exactly you did with those quests, I could tell you where to go next.

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Yes, thank you :D Finally someone who recognized the music. I love those games so much! In fact, the game I'm working on now is loosely based on Chrono Trigger. It won't be done in over a year, though :\
I just hate nothing more than playing incomplete games (I'm just a terrible beta tester >.>) thus if you continue and somewhen finish it I'm still interested, even if it takes years :D
keep it up, with Pokemon Metal alone you've proven to be able to make good games :)

I believe that, once the scene in the pyramid was over, Giovanni said "Science is on my side". The quest continues in the Rhoads Science Institute. Good luck ;)
wow, I totally forgot that line uppon the events after that ... just stunned me too much :D

As for the burglar, that just might be a bug caused by the Lucario quest bug. A bug in one quest might affect other quests, that's why I said it might be a bigger problem than it seems. However, some people have completed the phone quests, so I know those quests itself aren't bugged. If you could tell me what exactly you did with those quests, I could tell you where to go next.
The Luc quest: I just bashed into the house, talked to the first guy which granted me the quest, instantly talked to him again (since I've already had a Luc) and got the stone ... well, then the quest remained, but talking to the guy again doesn't help with that, at least he seems to recognize that it's complete, only the log doesn't...
Phone quest: As soon as I got Fly from one of the houses in Thrill City I went doing some sidequests, also this one. I've gone to that still blocked Rocket Hideout, met that burgler on the newly spawned item that wasn't there the last time I went to that place, beat him, he took it. Then after beating the champ and getting the ticket from the lady in Laniston for becoming the champ I climed Mt Priest again, got myself Dive, dived through the lake, talked to the burgler, got into the Pyramid, then talked to the burgler again ... well, who just said that, both times :/

edit:
One of the Rockets in the Science Institute seems to have an Error, I get that when I walk in front of him, then the game is just closed ...
See the attached pictures
It's the last Rocket on the last floor

edit2:
in search for the frost orb in the frost mountain I got reminded of a blocked cave I wasn't able to open yet and got a 3rd enterence blown open at the end of the first big part...
I think you need some stones to push on the 3 switches there? The question is just where those can be found, at least I think I've found the frost orb in the last room of the cave and I've already gone through that mountain twice in order to find Kyrem the first time and after that for that orb ... ... what did I overlook in there, there has to be a way to open that blocked cave, most propably in that room behint that blown up enterence where I'm stuck now? :D

edit3:
getting from one mess into another >.>
in search of the thunder orb on "the top of some mountain" I climbed on top of Mt Sax (finally being able to get the Bagon from the very first quest I got here \o/) ... well, no orb found there, but when I got near the top the screen got all foggy >.>
problem being, the fog effect doesn't go away when you exit said mountain.
And the place that is mentioned in the message at the shrine "Isle of Nevarone" ... at least on the Map I can't find it ... ?
When trying to contact different beings I talked to the captain to sail somewhere, when you show him the Silver Map he says that he doesn't want to sail there, describing of a foggy place of some sort where I asume it has some connection with that event? How to get him to sail me there then?
I just want to get rid of that fog <.<
editedit3: nvm, the fog randomly disappeared now and I don't even now what I did to cause that ...

edit4:
kk, got all spheres to the guy, collected some legendaries along the way and since Blue refused to help with finding Lugia now and that Gold guy escaped AGAIN >.> ... ... I need a break :D
nice story, I've never had such an interesting post game, especially not one that keeps me busy for days^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
The Luc quest: I just bashed into the house, talked to the first guy which granted me the quest, instantly talked to him again (since I've already had a Luc) and got the stone ... well, then the quest remained, but talking to the guy again doesn't help with that, at least he seems to recognize that it's complete, only the log doesn't...
Phone quest: As soon as I got Fly from one of the houses in Thrill City I went doing some sidequests, also this one. I've gone to that still blocked Rocket Hideout, met that burgler on the newly spawned item that wasn't there the last time I went to that place, beat him, he took it. Then after beating the champ and getting the ticket from the lady in Laniston for becoming the champ I climed Mt Priest again, got myself Dive, dived through the lake, talked to the burgler, got into the Pyramid, then talked to the burgler again ... well, who just said that, both times :/
That's weird... I really need to take a good luck at that. Let me get back to you on that in a few days. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

One of the Rockets in the Science Institute seems to have an Error, I get that when I walk in front of him, then the game is just closed ...
See the attached pictures
It's the last Rocket on the last floor
Well crap. I misspelled "ROCKET" in the event. I hope it didn't cause too much data loss. Again, sorry about that. If there's no way around that trainer, I'll fix the error and update the game immediately. If there is, I'll postpone the update until I fix the quest log bugs (and all the other bugs).

edit3:
getting from one mess into another >.>
in search of the thunder orb on "the top of some mountain" I climbed on top of Mt Sax (finally being able to get the Bagon from the very first quest I got here \o/) ... well, no orb found there, but when I got near the top the screen got all foggy >.>
problem being, the fog effect doesn't go away when you exit said mountain.
That's weird. In all the testing I've done, the fog disappears when you start climbing the mountain down. But now that I think about it, I created the fog effect way before Fly was introduced into the game, so I guess I didn't take leaving with Fly into account. I'll fix it in the already mentioned update. If it happens again to you, try opening and closing the quest log. The fog should disappear.
When trying to contact different beings I talked to the captain to sail somewhere, when you show him the Silver Map he says that he doesn't want to sail there, describing of a foggy place of some sort where I asume it has some connection with that event? How to get him to sail me there then?
I just want to get rid of that fog <.<
You can't. It's unfinished, sadly :( The island was supposed to contain another encounter with Gold, a few wild Fakemons, a legendary Dragon-type Fakemon, and some fake mega-stones, along some real ones. But the whole idea turned out to be too complicated to create, especially the Fakemon parts, since I'm not a spriter, and I had trouble finding one.
kk, got all spheres to the guy, collected some legendaries along the way and since Blue refused to help with finding Lugia now and that Gold guy escaped AGAIN >.> ... ... I need a break :D
nice story, I've never had such an interesting post game, especially not one that keeps me busy for days^^
I'm really glad you like it :D My main goal was to create a big post-game, since those are my favorite parts of Pokemon games (X & Y really disappointed me with that :( ). Have fun with Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma. I hope you like it.

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
That's weird... I really need to take a good luck at that. Let me get back to you on that in a few days. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
no problem, if you need anything from me (save file perhaps?) in order to help searching just tell me ... ... and tell me which of all those files you need then^^

Well crap. I misspelled "ROCKET" in the event. I hope it didn't cause too much data loss. Again, sorry about that. If there's no way around that trainer, I'll fix the error and update the game immediately. If there is, I'll postpone the update until I fix the quest log bugs (and all the other bugs).
The teleporter to the boss is in the second floor, half of the second floor and all floors above that can be skipped, thus this one too ... ... I just love to take on all Trainers in an area, even if that wouldn't be necassary^^
As for data loss, I saved bevore the first Rocket in the building, thus not too far of a setback :D

That's weird. In all the testing I've done, the fog disappears when you start climbing the mountain down. But now that I think about it, I created the fog effect way before Fly was introduced into the game, so I guess I didn't take leaving with Fly into account. I'll fix it in the already mentioned update. If it happens again to you, try opening and closing the quest log. The fog should disappear.
Yes, I flew away and didn't want to walk again :)

You can't. It's unfinished, sadly :( The island was supposed to contain another encounter with Gold, a few wild Fakemons, a legendary Dragon-type Fakemon, and some fake mega-stones, along some real ones. But the whole idea turned out to be too complicated to create, especially the Fakemon parts, since I'm not a spriter, and I had trouble finding one.
Then it might be good that way, I HATE Fakemons ... at least those that are just made up, I'm perfectly ok if you include "Fakemons" like Lucario in a gen3 or lower rom hack :D
seriously, you could make the best game ever, but if it consists of more than 10% of undocumented Fakemons I'll throw it away ... if you decide to include some I personally insist on a detailed documentation about types, stats, abilities, movesets ... in general, everything that is to be known^^

edit:
eh, another bug... :/
The people at the Science Institute don't seem to recognize that Govanni and Mewtwo got beaten, they still cry for help. And as a result the Scientist who is supposed to get the Superconductor I searched doesn't take it and just cries >.>

edit2:
another bug, wild Victini (80) grants only 269 exp uppon defeat to my 68 Vaporeon... not that you want to defeat it, but it just happens often when it kills itself with recoil >.>

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Wow, so many bugs... I've updated the game. Download link in OP.
no problem, if you need anything from me (save file perhaps?) in order to help searching just tell me ... ... and tell me which of all those files you need then^^

The teleporter to the boss is in the second floor, half of the second floor and all floors above that can be skipped, thus this one too ... ... I just love to take on all Trainers in an area, even if that wouldn't be necassary^^
As for data loss, I saved bevore the first Rocket in the building, thus not too far of a setback :D

Yes, I flew away and didn't want to walk again :)
Okay, so I have fixed the fog not disappearing thing. And I'm glad to hear my bug didn't cause too much data loss.

Then it might be good that way, I HATE Fakemons ... at least those that are just made up, I'm perfectly ok if you include "Fakemons" like Lucario in a gen3 or lower rom hack :D
seriously, you could make the best game ever, but if it consists of more than 10% of undocumented Fakemons I'll throw it away ... if you decide to include some I personally insist on a detailed documentation about types, stats, abilities, movesets ... in general, everything that is to be known^^
Well, then it's good I didn't finish the island xD I must say that I'm not a big fan of Fakemon, either, but most people are. That's why I planned to add 17 of them (It'd also bump the number of Pokemon to 666, which would be kinda cool given the game is based around metal xD )

edit:
eh, another bug... :/
The people at the Science Institute don't seem to recognize that Govanni and Mewtwo got beaten, they still cry for help. And as a result the Scientist who is supposed to get the Superconductor I searched doesn't take it and just cries >.>
Wow, that's a biggie. I've fixed it in the update. However, the switch that activates the scientists to aknowledge Giovanni's defeat is turned on during Giovanni's defeat. So it's too late for you to access it. That is why I have built another event that turns the same switch on. Return to the room where Giovanni was in the Rhoads S.I., and "talk" to the rock in thte bottom-left corner. This should trigger the switch and everything should be back to normal.

edit2:
another bug, wild Victini (80) grants only 269 exp uppon defeat to my 68 Vaporeon... not that you want to defeat it, but it just happens often when it kills itself with recoil >.>
Again, that bug isn't tied to me, and I can't fix it. Sorry :\

I have also fixed the Lucario quest staying in the quest log. Just talk to the guy who gave you the quest again. It's also fixed so that it turns off the moment you complete the quest, but since you already did that, it won't help you much xD

I can't believe just how many bugs there are O_o I know I've rushed the ending of the game, and some bugs were expected, but this many... wow. Please notify me if you find more. Thanks :)

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Well, thanks for the update, downloaded and now:

1. I can't go into the room where I defeated Govanni anymore, the door tile that warps to that room seems to be broken, it doesn't warp me, nothing happens when I step onto the red thing :/

2. Lucario Quest is now gone, that worked :)

3. Something confuses me ... I've already caught Kyogre in that one Dive Spot on route 24 (was actually the first legendary I've got, right after getting Dive), yet it actually should have appeared only just now as Maxie completed that Celebi event? At least Groundon didn't show up at Mt Priest until just now as stated some days ago^^
and god knows where Rayquaza went ... according to the Animation somewhere in the lower left, I just can't think of any place he could hide there? :D
btw, genius movepool with Bulk Up and 3 special attacks ... perhaps might think over that? ^^
and yay my luck, after throwing almost 30 full powered Timer Balls + 25 Ultra Balls bevore that he crit struggles himself and my full health Vaporeon to death >.>
good thing I always save :D
second try, caught with the first ultra ball thrown >.>

sooooooooo ... ... all in all I think I'm done now? :D
everything that's left now is:
QUESTS
1. #1 from above and then returning the Superconductor to complete that quest
2. Hard Stone farming that I'm not really interested in atm
3. Poison Barb farming, same as above
4. Getting a Soothe Bell noone knows where to find :D
5. Completing the phone quest where the burgler just says that he's not suspicious (tested it another time while visiting to Groudon^^)

LEGIES
6. Catching Landorous (and possibly Tornados and Thundorus too?) as traveling Legendaries I'm just not interestest when I'm not coincidently bump into them...
7. Getting Raikou where I simply have no idea where to find him :D
8. Solving that Ice Puzzle on the Frost Mountain (leading to Regice?) to unlock that last cave where I still have no idea where to get the boulders for those 3 switches in that room (+ no idea where the other 2 regis are...)
9. No idea where Mewtwo went ^^
10. Found Lugia along with Mew, Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie on that one island, but I don't have the rainbow wing or any idea where Ho-oh is :/
11. Both Lati@s are missing with no idea where they could be :D
12. As said, no idea where Rayquaza could have settled himself ^^

along with all I got so far (attachment, sorted by the order I got them) I think I got everything listed or did I forget something? :D

anyway, great game, I've really enjoyed playing it. Successfully killed every single minute I had nothing else to do during the Winter holidays^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
This game is so funny and I'm enjoying it very much but I think that it need guides about item locations, pokemon locations , sidequests etc.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I got the 7th gym but I don't know where I should go to get the 8th or continue the storyline.
(I also haven't found yet an experience share, a guy told me that it's in aqua hideout but I don't know where the Hideout is)

dest

Boneash
Years
  • Age 36
  • GER
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
the 8th one is the psychic gym located in the same town as the small safari zone (the one with the old warden)

and you've cleared the aqua hideout right bevore getting strength, on the route south of the ice gym

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Hello i have few problems with this game:
1 when my starter lvl up i get only +0+1 or+2 stats any of them tryed with all
2 i got riolu to lvl 50 and didnt evolved to lucario
3 i captured aggron and gave him aggronite and nothing happened
in rest all its fine no bugs or anything and nice hack i hope you reply with a resolve...thx

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hello i have few problems with this game:
1 when my starter lvl up i get only +0+1 or+2 stats any of them tryed with all
2 i got riolu to lvl 50 and didnt evolved to lucario
3 i captured aggron and gave him aggronite and nothing happened
in rest all its fine no bugs or anything and nice hack i hope you reply with a resolve...thx
1) If there's a problem with the leveling up, then it's a Pokemon Essentials error, not mine. It works like that for everybody. Sorry, but I really can't help with that :\
2) If Riolu fainted a lot, that could explain it. I'm 100% sure that it can evolve. No bug there.
3) Perhaps you didn't get the Mega Ring yet? You need to use Aggron in battle with the Mega Ring to enable mega evolution.

Have fun :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
1) If there's a problem with the leveling up, then it's a Pokemon Essentials error, not mine. It works like that for everybody. Sorry, but I really can't help with that :\
2) If Riolu fainted a lot, that could explain it. I'm 100% sure that it can evolve. No bug there.
3) Perhaps you didn't get the Mega Ring yet? You need to use Aggron in battle with the Mega Ring to enable mega evolution.

Have fun :)

Yeah Riolu fainted a lot when i tryed to capture Aggron and i didnt know i need anything else beside aggronite to megaevolve it but still those stats makes me give up on riolu...and whats that mega ring thing?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
sry to bother you but i got stuck in the seventh gym now..i beat the leader and teleporter doesnt want to get me out...what should i do?

Back