• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMORPG

Years
    Has anyone heard of any projects like this being developed? I personally think it would really help expand and become a great community and probably become something addicting.

Or if there were a game, with a game play similar to games like World Of Warcraft, etc, what features would you like to see come out of it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I disagree personally - although it sounds interesting in concept, you have to consider how you would apply all the Pokemon into proper roles and so forth - a game that is designed for a turn-based RPG into an MMO would not be that straightforward a switch, really.

That and Rumble is probably as close as one will likely get to it - I don't forsee Nintendo ever moving Pokemon away from its consoles and onto the PC as an MMO.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, I don't want Pokemon to fall into the same category as WoW. Don't wanna pay to play it. I'm fine with what we have on home consoles.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    i play this free site sometimes, guys:https://pokemonlake.com/

it is kinda lame, but a good time waster because you can catch all the pokemon and freakamon{fused pokemon}.

Note: it has no storyline at time of posting.

Last edited:

mikethemaster

Good mapper, beginner scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    DEN OF AGES!!!!!!

pkmn den of ages is free and has aroow key movement, but not 3d its fun has 2 regions and you can trade and battle if your interested heres the link
    pdoa.koneko-chan.net/, my username is mikethemaster123

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I woudn't like an Online WOW type of Pokémon game, it just woudn't suit it, besides, they're best suited to the handhelds IMO.

Years
    I disagree personally - although it sounds interesting in concept, you have to consider how you would apply all the Pokemon into proper roles and so forth - a game that is designed for a turn-based RPG into an MMO would not be that straightforward a switch, really.

Atlantica Online is strategy turnbased MMORPG, so concept itself is do-able
    But MMORPG market is really hard, games like WoW are dominating it, and that product has 10-15 years of nonstop developing, any new MMORPG hitting market haven't really been successful for past years so i would rather want to see first good online gameplay in future Pokemon games rather than bringing everything to MMORPG world

Back