• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mortality

supertails

Dictator
Years
  • I've been watching Pokemon for a while and I've seen a lot of close calls. Like with Bulbasaur, Charmander, the episode call snow way out, the first episode, etc. So I'm curious. After there are so many close calls in Pokemon have there actually been a Pokemon/human death?

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • I don't think so. The only dead pokemon I can remember was in these games red/blue/yellow/green/leafgreen/firered, and that was a Marowak that Team Rocket killed.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • What was the reason team rocket kill it and is team rocket in the books and the games more powerful then the show and why in the books. Red and Yellow that Gary is name blue? In yellow Team rocket was very powerful especially the leader. In yellow the Team rocker leader was one of the most power trainers ever being 3rd I believe. In the TV show the leader just seems to throw money around.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • Well Jessie, and James are just two fools. They are not good Team Rocket members, but Cassidy and Butch are better because they have stolen pokemon. So I think pokemon on t.v. does that good prevails over evil thing.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • True but in one of the episode with Lugia. That they freed it with the help of Jesse and James and Ash some how was able to brake the robots arms after the long Peta speech. I don't really find Team rocket as evil. They just don't have much opportunity to be nice. Like when they sarified their robot to help Charizard get into Charizard Vallie and one of the current episodes when they felt bad for Chimchar. Team rocket actually does good and caring deeds sometimes.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well all the good and caring deeds that Team Rocket has done has been by Jessie and James which is the most of Team Rocket we seen. As of the organzation Team Rocket, they are really mean people. I mean whenever we do see them as a group they do some really nasty things like we saw back in the Johto Saga like in the episodes Talkin About an Evolution, A Parent Trapped!, and the Raikou speacials. And in all three, well except for Talkin About an Evolution, Team Rocket the oraganzation have came close to hurting or killing a pokemon serverally. If you want more examples of Team Rocket as an orgazation harming pokemon badly then just look at Pokemon Heroes movie where two members of Team Rocket had a city under their control and if you look in the opening scenes where Brock does the opening during Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea , you can see Sesbasain with the two people from the Atia and Hun with Rayquaza.

I think when it comes to Team Rocket, Jessie and James aren't much regular. They do have their high moments when they can be a threat as in episodes like Gymbaliar and A Ralts to Remember but majority of the time they are not really there to be mean. Still when you look at Team Rocket as a whole they can be really nasty.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I'll have to look at those. Do you think the new movie will have the whole Team rocket and where did you see other team rocket members in Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. I've seen that movie three times and it only enemies I saw was Jesse and James plus the pirates. I've just kinda curious.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • just look at Pokemon Heroes movie where two members of Team Rocket had a city under their control

Reyna, that was Dub only.
    In the Japanese version, they are known as top spies or something, they have nothing to do with Team Rocket.

Death isn't exactly a theme you will encounter in the anime...
    They don't even use the word "DEAD", they use words like "gone" or " in a better place" or whatever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey don't forget Lucario.

In that movie, we actually see Lucario die. Right?

Years
  • I don't recall myself, but, here's something to chew on: Serebii.net points out under its character bios that in the early episodes, Brock says that his mom is dead, but she's fine n' dandy when they re-visit pewter later on. Hmm...
    I'll try to find a link.

Twinx

Years
  • Brock's mum isn't dead, she was away.
    This is one of the DUB's mistakes.
    They just decided to add that to the plot.
    It hit them in the face, when she returned in a later episode XD

Lucario did die, but, then again, we see him with sir Aron in the ending eating Chocolate, so I no, it didn't die.

Years
  • Yeah, the Rocket group as a whole can be outright murderous. Read between the lines of Giovanni's threat whenever he confronted Mewtwo the second time in "Mewtwo Returns." Copying/pasting from Dogasu's snippet.

Mewtwo: "I would sooner leave this world than serve you."
    Giovanni: "I suggest you reconsider your opinion. If you choose to defy me, your fellow creations will all be used in our experiments and will certainly leave this world."

There you go. Pretty cold overall.

If we're talking actual Pokemon death, don't forget that Celebi bought it in the fourth movie (and came back).

To me, the best use of a death threat was Archie's willingness to drown not only Maxie and the Magma agents, but his own, as well, in 'Scuffle of Legends'. Granted, the Red Orb was influencing him, but still, it wasn't at the possession level -- he had control of his mental faculities.

Now, for comedic relief, see Ash and Pikachu's "death scene" in 'Tower of Terror.' Amazing how they didn't break one femur from that. Heh.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • Hey don't forget Lucario.

In that movie, we actually see Lucario die. Right?

Oh yea. I forgot about that.

Yeah, the Rocket group as a whole can be outright murderous. Read between the lines of Giovanni's threat whenever he confronted Mewtwo the second time in "Mewtwo Returns." Copying/pasting from Dogasu's snippet.

Mewtwo: "I would sooner leave this world than serve you."
    Giovanni: "I suggest you reconsider your opinion. If you choose to defy me, your fellow creations will all be used in our experiments and will certainly leave this world."

There you go. Pretty cold overall.

If we're talking actual Pokemon death, don't forget that Celebi bought it in the fourth movie (and came back).

To me, the best use of a death threat was Archie's willingness to drown not only Maxie and the Magma agents, but his own, as well, in 'Scuffle of Legends'. Granted, the Red Orb was influencing him, but still, it wasn't at the possession level -- he had control of his mental faculities.

Now, for comedic relief, see Ash and Pikachu's "death scene" in 'Tower of Terror.' Amazing how they didn't break one femur from that. Heh.

Even though they count has actual deaths. I was thinking more along the lines of permanent death. Being dead for good. Like if a Pokemon/human was in total shock. When you're in shock Doctors and people in the medical field will try to stabilize you as fast as possible because the moment for get in total shock you're gone, for good.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • yeah, there have been a few deaths, mostly in the movies.

Ash bit the dust in movie 1 and then came back (he turned into a rock, for all intents and purposes, dead.)

Also in movie 1, the lab full of those nameless scientists (and Dr. fuji, of course) all died when mewtwo destroyed it.

entei didn't really die, just sort of... vanished... it wasn't even real, anyway.

celebi died and then came back.

Latios died. And that really set me off. I felt so bad for latias right then...

Lucario did...

And theres one more, if you haven't seen movie 10 don't open the spoilers.

Spoiler:

in the anime i don't think anyone's died.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, I got pretty confused when watching the dub and Brock said his mother died, then in Pokémon Chronicles - A Family that Battles Together, Stays Together his mom is back and I was like... what the? :o

Twinx

Years
  • Brock's mum isn't dead, she was away.
    This is one of the DUB's mistakes.
    They just decided to add that to the plot.
    It hit them in the face, when she returned in a later episode XD

I already explained that in the above quote. lol XD
    The dubbers tend to go too far and add their own things :P
    An example of that is Misty's crush on Ash = DUB ONLY.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    A tree died in Tree's a Crowd.

I'm pretty sure in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll it mentions Pokemon dying and coming back as the Johto legendary dogs.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Pokemon never die. They're banished to the Shadow Realm.
    Pokemon Mortality

Anyway, I think you guys covered everything in the anime and movies. Death and mortality play a slightly bigger role in Pokemon Special, but not much. They at least mention the word. In the first volume, Lavender Tower was a graveyard for dead Pokemon- you even meet a man whose Doduo passed away.

In the same chapter, you see an Arbok get chopped in half. It took a full minute for that idea to register in my mind.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • A tree died in Tree's a Crowd.

I'm pretty sure in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll it mentions Pokemon dying and coming back as the Johto legendary dogs.

Yea but that's a plain. Where did you hear about the Pokemon becoming legendary dogs after they die?

Back