• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness Lurking [PG-14]

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
  • "Please sir, wait," Pheon tried to get the Ninetails attention, "it isn't necesary by any means for you to take her away. She is welcome here, and we are glad to have another member. If you would please let her stay, I can promise you that no true harm will come to her." Pheon stood up straight, in a subconscious attempt to make himself look worthy.
    "We do need more members. As far as I know, it's only myself and Loki, an Aipom. Sir, please reconsider and let her stay."

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Hotaru's father didn't turn back, but he did stop.

"... Hikari misses her sister. She'll only be staying with me until she patches things up with my daughter. You understand that, right? Besides, my house is just a stone's throw away. I don't think it will interfere with your Team activities. That is, if Hikari does want to join."

The silver-coated fox started walking again, saying something before leaving. "I'm going now. It seems like you have company."

zapdos926

Years
  • "Of course, sir. Family matters are an important thing. Have a nice rest of your evening," Pheon said with a small bow. He turned when the pintails said he had company.
    "Oh, that Loki," Pheon walked over to the Aipom and squatted next to him.
    "Wassup?"

Years
  • Loki Evergreen

Loki saw the Ninetails leave, apperantly saying that the Togetic was related somehow to him. He want to stop him, but he knew how important family matters were...Pheon quickly dismissed further thought by walking up to Loki.

"Wassup?" Loki replied, "Nothing much at the moment, just taking a refreshing walk, any new missions yet Dude."

Beast Shadow

He has checked every nook and cranny for any sort of evidence of foul play, yet has found nothing. Fustrated, he hits the floor of the training tree with a fist, proving for the 13th time the stability of the structure, with barely a dent to mark where he punched. The floor is not slippery, so she couldn't have slipped off.

She must have been pushed, but by what? A ghost type would have left a trace, yet their is nothing here. Could it still be around? He walked back inside, to at least keep an eye on Lily's room.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Nope," Pheon replied. "Who's the growlithe? She come here while I was still knocked out?" Pheon looked at the fire type. "Anyways, it doesn't matter, as long as we get new team mates. Come on, let's go check the mailbox." Pheon started walking on all fours. He moved faster and more comfortably like that.
    He was hoping that there would be a job and he was getting excited from the thought. Up until recently, the team had been so small they had only gotten pity jobs, and then it stopped all together. His back started sparking and small green flames flickered from his excitement. He stood up tall as he approached the bulletin board and grabbed several of the notices. It made him sad that no one ever came specifically to their team for assistance, but it couldn't be helped. Pheon looked at each notice and handed them down to Loki after he finished each one.
    "This one sounds good. We need to go rescue a marshtomp that got lost in a forest to the south. It pays good and I've heard that forest can be dangerous at night, so we'd better go get her before sundown if we want to help her. Whataya say?" Pheon asked and looked at the Growlithe, who had come along but was silent the whole time.
    "Is she mute or something?"

Years
  • Loki Evergreen

Loki browsed through each one as Pheon passed it down to him, and put them back on the board, separated into posters for assistance, item finding, and Outlaw posters. One in particular remained in Pheon's hand.

"This one sounds good. We need to go rescue a marshtomp that got lost in a forest to the south. It pays good and I've heard that forest can be dangerous at night, so we'd better go get her before sundown if we want to help her. Whataya say?........(Pheon looked at the Growlithe)...........Is she mute or something?"

Loki smiled, the mission area was exactly what he had hoped for. "Ha, of course I will agree, I am a natural in the forest." Loki stood on his tail, as if to show off the fact that he is a monkey. "As for the growlithe, she is a shy one for sure, as the only thing I heard her say was to ask directions to where the base was, which is why I had her follow me here. She seems strong though. Do we have time to stop at the shop first for supplys?" Loki just relized he didn't have any berries or anything on him, all used up during the trek to the town.

zapdos926

Years
  • "She seems kind of spaced out, like she's just following you because her head is in the clouds right now. I think we should take her to the base and leave her there for now," Pheon shrugged. "As for food and the such, that depends on how much money we have. I'd like to buy at least one reviver seed in case one of us faints. Do you know how much money we have? In the bank or otherwise? I have 200 poke right now, but that's it."

Years
  • Loki

Loki sighed, "Well, I have only 100 poke on me, and I havent visited the bank or anything, so I don't know if team geode has anything...." Loki looked down, depressed, then jolted up at a sudden though, "I guess we will have to pick up items throughout the forest, their are always some sort of berrys and apples somewhere, and I can always climb to grab some stuff. Maybe we can even trade the extra berries and junk away when we get back." He was excited again as the thought of the mission bounced through his head.

zapdos926

Years
  • "You're right. Let's get going," Pheon eyed the Growlithe curiously. "We should bring her back to the base if she's gonna be like this the whole time," Pheon said and led the way back to the base.
    "Just wait here, okay?" Pheon ordered as he entered the base. The growlithe silently complied as Pheon backed away. "Well, see you later I guess," he saluted the girl as he strapped on his fathers helmet which was hanging by the entrance.
    "Come on Loki, let's go."

Years
  • Loki

"Right behind you, sir!!!" Loke was fairly excited about being on his first mission, but was able to restrain himself to following behind Pheon with a hop in his step. In the back of his mind he was worried for the Togetic, but he knew that she would be back sooner or later. Besides, worrying will not make her come back faster and Loki wanted to focus on the mission.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Eh, please don't call me sir," Pheon laughed, "I'm only like, two years older than you, right? Anyways, we've got a marshtomp to save."
    Pheon took one last odd look at the growlithe before leaving the base with Loki right on his heels.
    It didn't take long before they approached the forest.
    "All right Loki, you and me. Let's do this," Pheon walked into the forest, back flaming and with a purpose in his stride. He was hoping it would make him look a lot stronger and that fewer pokemon would challenge them. He wanted to get that marshtomp out as quickly as possible so that nothing else bad would go her way. The first few floors were easy enough that Pheon could literally just hit away any pokemon that got cocky.
    "Alright Loki, she's on the 8th floor. We're on the 4th. I think water types start showing up next, so I'm gonna need more cover than I did before. You got my back?"

(You can post for floors 5-7. Then we can do the post for the actual rescue)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hazel had completely zoned out as Loki had been talking and quizzing her, she wasn't used to the whole area and wasn't really listening to him when he spoke - which was actually quite rude on her part. The Aipom seemed to have lost interest in her as he bounced off back toward the den of the Rescue Pokémon; so the only thing she could do was try and chase after him and make herself comfortable in her new found home.

Hopping over toward where the Rescue Team were, she nudged open the door with her nose and wandered inside - only to be greeted with a team of different Pokémon, all who seemed deeply involved in their work, it was probably best not to get involved, especially because she was new. Hazel had heard about Rescue Teams before but this was her first time getting up-close and personal with them, so she only knew that they were to check things on the notice board and help a Pokémon which needed it. Scanning the room for some sign of a board, she was greeted with tons of pieces of paper, all pinned on a board, although it wouldn't seem that way at first glance.

Tilting her head to one side, the Growlithe flicked her ear and panned the pieces of paper for a task that seemed easy; which was what she needed considering it was her first time actually rescuing any type of Pokémon. Her eyes glistened as she scoped in on some writing, she only briefly glanced at it before turning round - keeping the image firmly in her mind. She was to rescue a Marshstomp that was located in the Forest - most of her Team members had already left and so if she wanted to help it would probably be wise to leave right now.

Galloping off into the far east, she entered the forest, battling her way through Pokémon and trying her best to see in the shaded area - the leaves were blocking the sunlight and her eyesight wasn't that good to begin with, although the little Growlithe was quite proud of herself for making it this far on her own - especially considering this was her first mission.

Finally she spotted them, her Team. Team Geode. But most importantly, the Aipom that she had met not long before. "Loki!" The Growlithe bellowed, hoping to catch his attention before any other Pokémon came out and tried to fight. "Sorry for zoning out before." She apologised, lowering her head. "My name's Hazel. It's a pleasure to meet you all." She flicked her tail with excitement and grinned cheerily toward the other members, hoping that she wasn't intruding on any of them.

zapdos926

Years
  • Pheon was startled by the female voice behind them, making the green flames on his back flare up again. He took a breath and then laughed.
    "Please, don't sneak up on us like that," he forced his fire to go out. The typhlosion got down on all fours and slowly lumbered towards the growlithe, Hazel.
    "Hazel... That's a nice name. Glad to have you with us," Pheon smiled warmly, "I'm Pheon, team leader and the typical green-fired, over protective big brother. I assume you know Loki since you were following him. We're gonna take a rest here for a moment. You look winded, did you run all the way here?"

Years
  • Loki

Loki, for the most part, was able to focus primarly on item grabbing for the first four floors, since Pheon was able to swat any of the Bug and Grass types that populated the forest. Pheon stopped at the end of the fourth floor, and said, "Alright Loki, she's on the 8th floor. We're on the 4th. I think water types start showing up next, so I'm gonna need more cover than I did before. You got my back?"

"Of course Phe---""LOKI!!!" The growlithe that followed him to base spaced out ran like no tomarrow tward Pheon and Me, surprising us both. She finally introduced herself as Hazel, and Loki was excited as she was that she followed them. If not a little more roughed up. Pheon talked about takeing a break, and Loki agreed.

"Well, while we are on break, why don't we each have a berry." Loki threw Pheon and Hazel an oran berry, then sat to eat his own as he took a quick invitory. they had plenty of berrys, gravelrocks, and a few apples. Only one Reviver seed though. He hoped they didn't have to use it. "Well, if anyone wants berrys and gravelrocks to carry around themselves for the trek, your welcome to take some."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next three floors went much slower than the first four, since water types were added to the list. Loki was able to cover for Pheon and Hazel with Thunder Punch and Grass Knot for the most part, and Hazel was able to Roar them away if the group was too big for everyone to deal with(which happened a fair few times). They made it to the end of the seventh floor, and Loki stopped the group this time. "Why don't we eat a berry before we go in, in case their is a fight inside. We can't fight as hard if we are tired, right?" Loki again handed Pheon and Hazel a berry from the main bag, not wanting them to take from their personal store.

zapdos926

Years
  • "You bet," Pheon hPpily took the berry from Loki and ate it quietly, feeling instantly refreshed. "Alrighty guys. Next floor is where this marshtomp is. It shouldn't take too long, so let's get going."
    Pheon walked up the stairs, his two companions in tow. The first room they entered was small, but with about 50 poke in one corner. It didn't take long to explore and there weren't that many hostile pokemon about. Before long, they entered the room in which the Marshtomp was. Pheon assumed she was no older than he was and she was cowering in a corner with several cuts on her arms. She curled up into a tighter ball when she saw Pheon, Loki and Hazel enter.
    "Hey, calm down. We're here to get you out okay?" Pheon took off his helmet to show his face and try to calm her down. She looked up at them with a terrified look.
    "It's okay, we're a rescue team. We're team Geode," Pheon slowly approached her on all fours. "There's no need to worry, you're safe now," Pheon said soothingly and nuzzled the marshtomp's arm. "Come on, let me help you up," the Marshtomp didn't seems so afraid now and willingly put her arm around his neck.
    "All right, up you go," the typhlosion hoisted the Marshtomp to her feet. He turned to Loki, "Loki, you've got the badge in your bag, right?"

Years
  • Loki

"Ya, somewhere in this bag." Loki quickly took off the bag. He dug around in the main pocket before remembering it was in a smaller outer pocket. He took it out and held it up. "So, what do we need it for?"

Years
  • Hazel smiled warmly toward the Typhlosion that had introduced himself as 'Pheon' which was quite an abstract name, nothing like she had heard before; although who was she to judge? He seemed nice enough, and had even complimented her - which is something that the little Growlithe didn't expect at all!

Turning toward the Aipom that had continued the conversation, Hazel jumped up and caught the Oran berry in her mouth, chewing it with delight as it regained her health; she really needed it, especially if she were going to continue on the journey with them. "Thank you, I appreciate it." Although Hazel had only just joined Team Geode, she felt like part of the family already - they hadn't questioned why she was here and didn't treat her like an outcast, something that she thought would happen more or less straight away. Needless to say, she was ecstatic.

-----

The next few floors dragged, mainly because of the water-types that had surrounded her. This was a forest and she certainly didn't expect to be out-numbered with water types, but then again she has been nothing but surprised ever since she joined the Rescue Team. Luckily, Loki had managed to defeat most of the threatening Pokémon and they had finally reached the last floor - if it hadn't of been for the Aipom then she would have fainted a long time ago, so she was thankful for that.

The Growlithe swiftly turned and caught the Oran berry once again, swishing her tail in delight as the juices swirled around in her mouth. "Thank you, Loki." Not only had the Aipom defended both herself and Pheon, but now he was handing out berries, for free! Could this guy get any nicer?!

Hazel followed Pheon into the room and whined slightly, watching as the Marshstomp cowered in fear. She watched with interest as Pheon wandered over to the Pokémon and calmed her down with his soothing words, before he turned to face Loki and said, "Loki, you've got the badge in your bag, right?" Thoughts raced through her mind, what badge? why would they need a badge? what does it do? Luckily, the Growlithe didn't need to ask any questions as Loki had already spoken and asked what the badge would be used for.

Turning to face Pheon, she tilted her head to one side and waited patiently for him to answer, intrigued by the concept.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Well, it's a rescue team badge, right? That's how we teleport out of here. I don't know who makes them, but rescue team badges are imbued with some kind of magic that will allow us to teleport right back to our team base," Pheon explained. He could have sworn at least telling Loki about it, but it didn't matter.
    "I'll take that for now. Everyone, hands on the badge," Pheon started and then took note of Hazel, "Or paws."
    The typhlosion waited a few moments and then pressed the button in the center. A yellow light surrounded them and in a few seconds, they were back at base.
    "Thank you very much for saving me," the Marshtomp looked like she was about to burst into tears as she hugged each member of the team.
    "You're more than welcome to stay at the base with us until I can get your mom to come and get you, okay?" Pheon said when she hugged him. He turned to Hazel and Loki, "I'm gonna go find her mom. I'll be back before dark with her. Don't get into any trouble, or I'll have to... I'll think of something on the way," he joked. "See you guys later."
    With that, Pheon grabbed the rescue notice and left.

Years
  • Hazel nodded as Pheon explained how the badge worked; it was some kind of teleportation device? Or at least that's how he made it out to be, she didn't know enough about it to question anything so she simply let it be and followed the order that he had given out.

The Growlithe swiftly padded over toward the other members and placed her paw gently on top of the badge, gazing intently toward it as a yellow aura surrounded them. In a couple of seconds they were back in their base, along with the Marshstomp who looked completely lost for words right now - almost as if she would begin crying any second.

Hazel tilted her head to the side and shot a heart-warming smile toward the Marshstomp, feeling more than pleased with herself and her team members. This was the first mission she had completed successfully, this was the first journey she had embarked on with Team Geode, and she couldn't be happier.

Snapping out of her daze, the Pokémon turned her head toward Pheon and listened to what the Typhlosion had to say, which turned out to be a brief warning to stay out of trouble and an explanation of where he would be going - to help find the Marshstomp's mother. Nodding in agreement, the Growlithe chuckled lightly to herself. "Alright, stay safe. Both of you." Hazel winked toward the Marshstomp and turned toward Loki, waiting for what he was going to do; he seemed to be her only hope right now, since she was new and all.​

Years
  • Loki

WHAT! the badge was a teleporter? Loki looked in awe at the badge before handing it to Pheon. He had always wondered why all teams had a badge, though it must be a new thing, because Razor(teacher from SU) never told him about it. As he placed his hand on it, along with everyone else, the badge glowed and all of a sudden, they where at base. He was stunned, at least until the Marshstomp snaped him out of it, along with his back. Pheon just finished talking about staying out of trouble, before the Marshstomp put Loki down.

As soon as Pheon left, Loki thought of what to do. He knew that sorting the bag would have to wait til later, since both Hazel and the Marshstomp were looking at him, and it wasn't like they could leave to go somewhere, or else they might miss Marshstomps mom arriving. This was Hazel's and his first compleated mission, so........."How about we celebrate to a successful mission?" Loki waited for feedback from the two, and see what they said about his idea.

Back